C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Nation returns to Velocity channel

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 10:11 AM
OIF2XVET
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with most posts on here. The show is so bad. I was very excited to watch the program and was completely let down. I might give it one more chance but agreed the show is BAD!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2014, 10:23 AM
David A.
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last episode featured a parade lap of a C7. The seemingly five minute long shot mainly focused on a camera pointed at the passenger, who whooped a couple of times when the driver gunned it. Worst episode yet…

A few of these Velocity channel shows renewed my interest in cars, but I'm done with this one. At this point I think I'd fast forward the DVR if they were doing an episode on my car.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:36 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Received 893 Likes on 580 Posts

Either they don't understand who their target audience is, or it isn't us. This group represents a huge knowledge base on all things Corvette, alpha to omega. The show seems more geared to someone who saw a Corvette once and kind of wondered what all the hubbub is about.

To capture this group, the show will have to share images and information that are not readily available other places. If it is available other places, hard core Corvette enthusiasts already know about it and have probably been discussing it for a while.

In short, they need to up the Corvette IQ of the show.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:54 PM
hotrodln
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
They had the LINGENFELTER guy ,(Ken was it)..and the Lingenfelter banner under his name.I may be wrong but I don't think it's the same Lingenfelter as the mod people....
Ken Lingenfelter runs the Lingenfelter shop In Decatur . He was related to John who is no longer with us....They still do pretty awesome work!
Old 12-08-2014, 10:25 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

Caught it tonight, rehash of some old Motor Trend TV footage. Most of the show was old news on the sink hole. I keep waiting for something new and interesting like a show on the C-7 Z-06 or the NCM track. surely it will get better.
surely...not...
Old 12-09-2014, 06:52 AM
2CRUZIN
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried to watch this show multiple times. It is painfully bad. The Corvette deserves much better.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:31 AM
abc8cub
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have watched all of them and fast forwarded through most of the last one. It frustrates me to no end to glimpse all those beautiful cars in the background while the camera focuses on the person (not particularly beautiful) talking. AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!
Old 12-09-2014, 07:32 AM
69 L46 4 Speed
Drifting

Received 453 Likes on 276 Posts

The only thing that I found mildly interesting about Saturday's show was the fact that the wife and I attended the NCRS Kissimmee show in January of 2013.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:16 AM
tprice
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdvet
Lets face it, find another show on TV that talks all about Corvettes and gives you private collections you never herd about, but they get there camera in there to show you what people own, and car shows you will never get to go, but get the idea what that show is all about.
Yes it has commercials and lot of them, but there Corvette commercial, go watch TV show and see the most boring commercials that doesn't even interest me to listen to them.

I can't believe I said all that, but go find Corvette show on TV.
I agree, way I look at it at least it is a show dedicated to the cars WE love.

Better than not having it, I understand plugging the sponsors. They pay BIG $$$ to support it and they deserve their time on TV.

I do think this season is much better than last season
Old 12-09-2014, 09:38 AM
SSWEET
Race Director

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

Lotta watching for little reward......
Old 12-09-2014, 09:50 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by abc8cub
I have watched all of them and fast forwarded through most of the last one. It frustrates me to no end to glimpse all those beautiful cars in the background while the camera focuses on the person (not particularly beautiful) talking. AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!
Exactly why I hate the show.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Ken_C8
Melting Slicks

Received 896 Likes on 413 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '21

I have found that after fast forwarding through the commercials and 'infomercial' segments, it only takes me about 11 minutes to watch. It's a long, slow, painful 11 minutes, but at least it's about Corvettes (mostly).

The one episode that was simply Chevy YouTube videos being replayed was hilariously bad.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:55 AM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Show is beyond disappointing, these posts sum it up well. Painfully slow, 2/3's of it is advertising. It's just as painful fast forwarding through the commercials as content is all but missing. The recent episode of watching the woman in the passenger seat make faces and noises for 5 minutes every time the C7 driver sped up was ridiculous. Last episode for me - lots of good car shows on.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

the show is definitely bad... but just being vette related, I'll record it and fast forward through all of the bits that are boring (which ends up being about 80% of each..)

Quick Reply: Corvette Nation returns to Velocity channel