C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poor customer service - Jim Trenary Chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 12:32 PM
Robs 1988
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 719c6
Common experience? Or am I just being picky?
You're not being picky. I've noticed greasy handprints on mine after getting the damper replaced, and when I had the driver seat serviced under warranty, the mechanic doing the work scratched the inner door sill with whatever it was he had.

Mine is always kept very clean, so I complained on the spot about the very obvious prints and got a free detail done by the dealership, and they fixed the scratch. I lost time though because it took several hours to get it all done.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:59 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Received 893 Likes on 580 Posts

Try to get to know the Service Manager or even better the GM at the dealership. Drop names when you come in for service. It works for me.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:36 PM
David A.
Advanced

Originally Posted by NDMIKE88
On the bright side maybe you got lucky. If they tried to remove the hand prints they might have scratched everything. I mean if whoever left greasy hand prints on the vehicle he might have just grabbed a dirt shop towel and wiped the grease off scratching the vehicle.
Yeah, I'd much rather get rid of the hand print myself. I was picking my car up after some warranty work had been done to it and I saw the shop manager out by my car with a bottle of Windex and a roll of paper towels, vigorously wiping down the door area where the mechanic had probably left some fingerprints. "Here you are, sir, we know the Corvette is a very special car." Not a fingerprint on the car, but when I got home I had to get out the Porter Cable to get rid of the swirl marks…Next time I'm going to tell them to please keep all towels and cleaning supplies away from my car. This goes to show you that the dealer can never win, I guess.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:27 PM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

At 77 miles, Jack Schmitt Chevrolet at exit 14 on I-64 in O'Fallon IL would be a hike for you. If you had business in StLouis, though, they're not that much farther away.

They've pampered my Red ever since day one, and made sure I was their first C6 repaired under this recall.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Torquem
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Jim Trenary in troy Missouri curbed the $H!t out of my zr1 wheels. They flat out denied it and refused to do anything. Found a shop that would refinish it for 125 bucks and gave them the quote. They flat out refused. Took them to small claims court and they had to fork out 800 bucks for a new wheel.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:28 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by airmed2
Your first mistake was not driving a little further to Elco in Ballwin. I live in Staunton, Il (quite a haul to Elco), but will not have my Vette touched by anyone else. They pride themselves in specializing in Corvettes.
Actually his first mistake was going into any Chevrolet dealership in the universe. They all are horrible and useless...so expect what you got or worse.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:49 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Cor430vette
Actually his first mistake was going into any Chevrolet dealership in the universe. They all are horrible and useless...so expect what you got or worse.
No, they aren't. I have personal experience with two and word of mouth kudos for the third.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:38 AM
cyclesailor955
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Default ELCO has been Good to me

We purchased our 2011 Grand Sport new from ELCO. We have recieved nothing but,courteous and competent work from that Chevrolet dealership.
From wheel alignment,tires and most recently the headlight jumper wire recall the car has been returned clean and in a timely manner. And all Corvette repairs are performed by a Technican who exclusively works on Corvettes.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:27 AM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Received 227 Likes on 162 Posts

That is not a fair statement.
There are honest hardworking folks in most dealerships.
My guess would be the large city dealerships with a high turn over rate. I don't know, because I don't live near a city.
The mechanics at my local dealership have all been there for many years with few or no issues.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:39 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Man....you sound like you have a personal vendetta against Chevy dealerships. I'm sure that some may not be up to par....and some may not be really up to par, but not sure I'd lump them all into the category of useless. Theres a bad apple or two in every barrel.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:39 PM
Racer86
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 180 Posts

Also, they didn't re-set the windows after disconnecting battery. Easy enough and only takes a few seconds, but they didn't.

Definitely not Corvette people at Jim Trenary.
Stupid tech didn't use an ORB II power memory cable . Plugs into ORB port and keeps power to the ECU through an external 12volt battery.
This will hold all memory settings and fuel trims in the ECU, BCM
These cables have been around for years.
I have used one for years, and I am not a big PRO dealer tech with my name on my shirt,,,
Old 01-29-2015, 06:03 PM
BLUEMEANIE
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Talk with service mgmt

Originally Posted by TxLefty;158I711
Try to get to know the Service Manager or even better the GM at the dealership. Drop names when you come in for service. It works for me.
I agree. OP only the really squeaky wheels get fix unfortunately at the dealerships.
I had a similar problem that was resolved properly after some persistence on the phone and email. If you have a few pics, send those in email too so they can't dispute it.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:43 PM
JB'sVETTE
Instructor

Default FreeLand Chevrolet, Nashville Tn

Freeland Chevrolet in Nashville will never see my Vette again, after a/c service I noticed both of the seats were scratched up so bad that I had to have them reconditioned. The tech used the seats as a workbench plus it appeared he got in and out with tools in his pockets.

Just rec'd car back from the headlight recall. It was taken to Jim Trenary Chevrolet in Union, MO.

After picking car up, which happened to be dark, I head on over to QT to top off the tank, 93 octane at $1.95.

Get out and see the car under lights. Covered in friggin' greasy hand prints. Driver's window, targa top (guess he used the top as a handle to get in and out) and the hood. I get it, my C6 isn't as new as the C7 they have displayed in the showroom but I do try and take care of it. WTH.

Common courtesy to at least wipe it off, oh no. Wash your friggin' hands before getting in and out? Reckin' not.

Common experience? Or am I just being picky?

Quick Reply: Poor customer service - Jim Trenary Chevrolet