C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Humming sound - 2006 low beam recall

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 08:02 PM
odessade
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Humming sound - 2006 low beam recall

Hi All... a have a 2006 coupe..and i just had the C6 2006 low beam recall fix at the dealership............NOW..... it may be just a coincidence....BUT........now I noticed a sort of humming sound, it sounds like its coming from behind the dashboard. (like something is running for a min or 2) Now, this noise stops happening about 60-90 seconds AFTER my interior lights go out. Now...the car is NOT running at all. This humming sound is every time you open and close the door, you don't have to get out or the car to duplicate it. just open and close the door and listen....you hear a humming....then it stops........open the door and it starts over again.

I've had the since 2008 and have never noticed that humming....

Please any idea's?....Could it be related to the recall fix i just had done? or is there another explanation?

thanks all
anthony
Old 02-19-2015, 09:45 PM
Richard Ames
Drifting

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Whe sound is probably the trim piece on the bottom of the windshield on the outside think the service bulling on is 12260. A forum search should find the fix. I got mine done under warranty last week.

Just searched "12260" and got the results you need. If you turn on recirculate on the AC when it starts making the hum and it dimishes that is the cause .

Last edited by Richard Ames; 02-19-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:52 PM
joeking
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

I have not taken mine in for the recall yet and now I am a little scared of what might happen. Let us know what the problem is once you find it.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:21 PM
Richard Ames
Drifting

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by joeking
I have not taken mine in for the recall yet and now I am a little scared of what might happen. Let us know what the problem is once you find it.

They are not related as the cowl piece is not accesed for the jumper wire to be installed.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:26 PM
odessade
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Richard Ames
Whe sound is probably the trim piece on the bottom of the windshield on the outside think the service bulling on is 12260. A forum search should find the fix. I got mine done under warranty last week.

Just searched "12260" and got the results you need. If you turn on recirculate on the AC when it starts making the hum and it dimishes that is the cause .

thanks....just to be clear...this humming is happening while the car is COMPLETELY OFF...sitting still......just get in and sit down and listen.....thats all u gotta do.....its cold as heck here in de....so i'll be waiting a little while to get back down to the dealership.....i will keep everyone posted...

love hearing different thoughts and ideas....thanks all
Old 02-19-2015, 11:34 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Is the sound coming from that little vent looking thing near the start switch? If so thats the interior air temp sensor. It has a little fan running and might be what your hearing. Maybe you just never noticed it before.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:46 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by EVRose
Is the sound coming from that little vent looking thing near the start switch? If so thats the interior air temp sensor. It has a little fan running and might be what your hearing. Maybe you just never noticed it before.
i've had it happen to me upon returning home from a drive. i shut the car down, get out and i hear the "whirrring" sound coming from either the dash or somewhere under the hood. its all good, trust me. but guys, please don't make fun of my fan sound reference.

Get notified of new replies

To Humming sound - 2006 low beam recall

Quick Reply: Humming sound - 2006 low beam recall