C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing the C6

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 10:40 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Default Missing the C6

I sold my 13 GS last August. My wife has Lupus and she was really working too much. I noticed she was stressing too much which is not good for Lupus. I knew she wouldn't let me sell the Corvette because of her so I drove it less and less stating that since my heart attack in Oct 2013 I lost interest in the car. She finally quit her 2nd job earlier this year. She originally started the second job because of the economy in 2009. It was a way to guarantee 40 hours per week.

I finally told her the real reason a couple weeks ago and she almost cried. She said we will get another Corvette someday. Since she wants me to pick it up at BG with my son it would be new. Right now we are just taking care of some finances so we can afford it easily.

I admit I'm missing the Corvette, especially my 10 year old so is also. I'm looking at maybe 2017 to buy a new one. I work for the civil service with the USAF and we are considering working in Germany someday. My wife said "We have to buy our Corvette before we go though".

What did we trade it in for? Since we also traded in the 12 Sonic I was driving as a daily driver, we bought a 2014 Dodge Durango Citadel. She got that car and I'm driving the 12 Chrysler 300C AWD Hemi which is not Corvette quick but still fast, any time of the year though. There isn't a GM sedan I would own to be honest.

Well just stopped in to say hi to everyone, since I was on this forum for 7 years.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:19 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

sorry to hear of the misfortunes. keep plugging as things will start to get better soon. hang in there.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:02 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Hope you're back in a Corvette soon!
Old 04-04-2015, 04:51 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Nice to see you back here.

I lost my sister in law to Lupus over ten years ago, she was only 48 at the time and battled the most severe form for many, many, years.

What a touching story, the true love you two share is apparent, may both you and your wife feel Gods healing touch in this most Holy season of Easter.

Hope to see you post about your next Corvette soon and don't forget, you don't need to own a Corvette to hang out here...

Last edited by R&L's C6; 04-04-2015 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:34 AM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by jrose7004
Hope you're back in a Corvette soon!
Have faith it will all work out
Old 04-04-2015, 01:08 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Thank you to all. The good news is that my wife's lupus is under control for now. Im hoping by 2017 I will be in another Vette. I will still be only 48 so I will have plenty of time to enjoy it.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:34 PM
RMcoolX
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Your wife's much better, the economy is way better, you're 48, and there is a new Vette out. Dude, what are you waiting on?!? Git 'er done!!!
Old 04-04-2015, 01:42 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Originally Posted by RMcoolX
Your wife's much better, the economy is way better, you're 48, and there is a new Vette out. Dude, what are you waiting on?!? Git 'er done!!!
Clearing up finances so we can easily afford it like before
Old 04-04-2015, 01:49 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,579 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
I sold my 13 GS last August. My wife has Lupus and she was really working too much. I noticed she was stressing too much which is not good for Lupus. I knew she wouldn't let me sell the Corvette because of her so I drove it less and less stating that since my heart attack in Oct 2013 I lost interest in the car. She finally quit her 2nd job earlier this year. She originally started the second job because of the economy in 2009. It was a way to guarantee 40 hours per week.

I finally told her the real reason a couple weeks ago and she almost cried. She said we will get another Corvette someday. Since she wants me to pick it up at BG with my son it would be new. Right now we are just taking care of some finances so we can afford it easily.

I admit I'm missing the Corvette, especially my 10 year old so is also. I'm looking at maybe 2017 to buy a new one. I work for the civil service with the USAF and we are considering working in Germany someday. My wife said "We have to buy our Corvette before we go though".

What did we trade it in for? Since we also traded in the 12 Sonic I was driving as a daily driver, we bought a 2014 Dodge Durango Citadel. She got that car and I'm driving the 12 Chrysler 300C AWD Hemi which is not Corvette quick but still fast, any time of the year though. There isn't a GM sedan I would own to be honest.

Well just stopped in to say hi to everyone, since I was on this forum for 7 years.
Sorry to hear, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Family comes first.

Don't be a stranger, you are always welcome here.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:05 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Dave, I missed this thread but caught you in the other one by ruxvette. Glad I saw this one just now. Welcome back! You certainly have your priorities straight so, in time, a Corvette will come to you. Just keep hangin' out here and look in on C7 Gen. Pretty interesting stuff going on there, too. I think the "new cars" are goin' thru their new-model issues altho not too many. I was a little surprised to see someone mention a squeaking/creaking roof panel, but hey! everything is new again! Take care of all of you; health is everything.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:50 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Default who knows.....

Thank you to all. The good news is that my wife's lupus is under control for now. Im hoping by 2017 I will be in another Vette. I will still be only 48 so I will have plenty of time to enjoy it.
.......by then you may be looking at a mid engine C8!
Old 04-04-2015, 08:51 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

A tip of the hat and a pat on the back for keeping your priorities straight.

If the finances don't align right for a C7, the C6 is still a great car.
In our club, I've noticed that the people with older Corvettes seem to have just as much fun as the people with shiny new ones; unless reliability becomes a problem.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:04 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Nice to see you back here. ..... you don't need to own a Corvette to hang out here...
Old 04-04-2015, 09:47 PM
Oshuwah
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back! Sounds like you made the right decision for the season of life you were in. I did the same in 2010 and waited until 2014 to get another one. In the middle I paid off all my credit cards, which was my goal. Dream big, set goals often!
Old 04-04-2015, 10:11 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Philly I'm sure everything will work out well for you and the wifey as you sound like you have everything under control as always. Don't be a stranger here as I miss our conversations on wheel alignments!
Old 04-04-2015, 10:27 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,629 Likes on 2,349 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

I love your positive attitude! Keep the faith.
Best wishes for the future.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:44 PM
logansrun73
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

My wife also has lupus... The disease is really messing up her knees she is only 49 and needs a double knee replacement... I feel really bad for her it seems like every other week there is something else. She is a very tuff lady as I am sure your wife is... I feel guilty going places or doing things in the vette because I know she enjoys it just as much as me. She is a trooper though and I live her to death!!

Get notified of new replies

To Missing the C6

Old 04-04-2015, 10:57 PM
v26278
Melting Slicks

Received 147 Likes on 93 Posts

Glad to see you're doing okay and planning for another Corvette. Sounds like you're also raising a future 'vette nut and owner, which is pretty cool.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:04 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Thanks again everyone. It is great to see some old friends here. I considered a C6 but I'll probably wait a year. I want to make sure the wife is good. Lupus is a tough disease but she is a tough woman.

Yeah my son is a car nut especially Corvettes. Has been since he was 3. Even walked up to my friend who owns a Cayman and told him that his car is missing two cylinders. I didnt tell him to say that, I just stated all Vettes have 8 cylinders. I thought about trying to buy back my 08 since he has a C7 now.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:22 PM
Brian Ritter
Heel & Toe

I got on this site so I could make a decision on what corvette to buy in the future as I currently own a 1970 chevy truck that I have had for over 40 years.

Hearing stories like this make me sad but for another reason, it saddens me to know that people get rid of their cars for these kind of reasons.

Knowing myself I would be the one working 2 or 3 jobs just to make sure I could hold on to it! Regardless of what situation my wife was in.

Quick Reply: Missing the C6