C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 09:28 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

For those outside of the Motor City, the link below is about the 2018 Woodward Dream Cruise, but also has about 150 photos to click through of the various types of cars seen................ photos were of the 2017 event

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ide/915094002/
Old 08-13-2018, 10:12 PM
teebee
Safety Car

Received 539 Likes on 287 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Originally Posted by wayback
I'm a lefty also.....kinda. Play all sports left handed but write right handed. Also shoot right handed.

Hope that does not confuse the GSers, but I bet it will.
Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Same with me....
Me too...except a little different. I do some things left handed, some things right handed, I could shoot a basketball with either, batted as a switch hitter, I'm left eyed so any shooting (ie pool, guns, bow and arrow) left handed. AS a teacher, I do all my writing on paper left handed but wrote right handed on the chalk board.....yes, I still had a chalk board right through until I retired. People would say "Oh, you're ambidextrous" .... "you call it ambidextrous, I say I'm freaking screwed up. I don't know which to use". It actually comes in really handy in many situations.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:34 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,834 Likes on 1,970 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Hmmmm.......that explains a lot Tee......... like why you are so mult talented I mean.... ......

Raining here off and on.......bring it I say....... let the heavens pour forth...... Had a client show up to take us out to dinner last night and to also bestow on us a bottle of Weller Bourbon....... so we had to crack that open...... very smooth......... some say it is the same recipe as Pappy's only not aged as long........ I can neither confirm nor deny that rumor so am awaiting confirmation from the great informed here at Hammy's......... I do know it is good......and a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to find then Pappy's....... but what do we care...... as long as Ruxy keeps printing money we are flush anyway...... Right? damn right!

I thought you might find this kinda cool........

Old 08-14-2018, 10:56 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I think this should be required watching for all basers.......... What a great color......... this car is bad ***........ almost as cool as mine is....... Grand Sports matter.........

Old 08-14-2018, 11:11 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,629 Likes on 2,349 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Soooo...I'm a little cconfused about all you lefty righty dooty tooty guys. Does that mean you're hermaphrodite? You can go...ooops, my mistake. I meant to say ambidextrous. You can use either hand. You can probably swap hands without missing a stroke...😱
Old 08-14-2018, 11:39 AM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Soooo...I'm a little cconfused about all you lefty righty dooty tooty guys. Does that mean you're hermaphrodite? You can go...ooops, my mistake. I meant to say ambidextrous. You can use either hand. You can probably swap hands without missing a stroke...😱
That I can definitely do, had to learn to switch so I could rifle through the 25 browser tabs of ****
Old 08-14-2018, 11:43 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ruxvette
those were kind of my thoughts on the one's bragging about being able to use either hand...........................

all I will say from MY perspective, is two hands are required due to size..................

pretty slammed at work, new normal, but also disappointed that I am unable to provide the gif of the monkey using both hands............

perhaps my wide-bodied topless brother can come to the aide of this baser and post it................

H1, may need some input from the basers related to Pappys?????????????? We seem to get all we require at a very low cost.......................... just need to give a few pesos to the boys to reroute the delivery drivers............
Old 08-14-2018, 12:38 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by Huskerman
Hmmmm.......that explains a lot Tee......... like why you are so mult talented I mean.... ......

Raining here off and on.......bring it I say....... let the heavens pour forth...... Had a client show up to take us out to dinner last night and to also bestow on us a bottle of Weller Bourbon....... so we had to crack that open...... very smooth......... some say it is the same recipe as Pappy's only not aged as long........ I can neither confirm nor deny that rumor so am awaiting confirmation from the great informed here at Hammy's......... I do know it is good......and a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to find then Pappy's....... but what do we care...... as long as Ruxy keeps printing money we are flush anyway...... Right? damn right!

I thought you might find this kinda cool........
Most people cant tell the difference from a high dollar bourbon to a cheap one.

had a good friend (until I traded the Vette for little chit, hasn't talked to me since, so maybe not so good ) who had an extensive bourbon collection, including all of the Pappys years. His wife use to joke that she would blind taste test him and ask him "cheap or expensive". Said he never got it right.

Put $20 bourbon in a Pappy's bottle and most won't know the difference.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:58 PM
dshamrick
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 147 Posts

Put $20 bourbon in a Pappy's bottle and most won't know the difference.
It must be the meds but QUIT giving away all of our secrets !

The following users liked this post:
Huskerman (08-15-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 01:19 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by dshamrick
It must be the meds but QUIT giving away all of our secrets !

There must be a reason they sell empty Pappys bottles on ebay for ridiculous prices. But hey, you get free shipping...
Wonder what my 3/4 full bottle is worth....

Last edited by R&L's C6; 08-14-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:34 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Being that everyone is talking about liquor...
I clearly know nothing about the differences but I have bought a few bottle of Jonnie Blue for my brother over the years as that's his favorite. For his bday last weekend I picked this up for him, cheap by standards of what I've paid in the past. $99.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:46 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane
Being that everyone is talking about liquor...
I clearly know nothing about the differences but I have bought a few bottle of Jonnie Blue for my brother over the years as that's his favorite. For his bday last weekend I picked this up for him, cheap by standards of what I've paid in the past. $99.
Nice gift pack....I just never had the taste buds for scotch, or maybe I just never tried good scotch.

Whenever I see Johnnie Walker I think of the series Jessie Stone played by Tom Sellick. One of my favorites.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Nice gift pack....I just never had the taste buds for scotch, or maybe I just never tried good scotch.

Whenever I see Johnnie Walker I think of the series Jessie Stone played by Tom Sellick. One of my favorites.
Scotch, Whiskey, Bourbon, all smells like MEK to me. Can't imagine what it would taste like. I do know in a pickle to clean some parts at 1am I bought a two litre bottle of some whiskey for .99c. Worked just as well as the solvent in my parts washer.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:07 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

There must be a reason they sell empty Pappys bottles on ebay for ridiculous prices. But hey, you get free shipping...
Wonder what my 3/4 full bottle is worth....

Randy, seems to me almost any GS'er would ante up and pay the money for the empty bottle.................. then go and get some of the cheap stuff, fill it up, and brag to his other GS'er buddies that he has some Pappys................. seeing that the only way a GS'er here at Hammy's could get some of the real stuff would be to ask a baser to provide it...........

kind of the same thing GM did to get them to buy GS'ers....................... larger body, everything else the same as a baser car except for the GS'er slower speed...................
Old 08-14-2018, 03:33 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rkj427
Randy, seems to me almost any GS'er would ante up and pay the money for the empty bottle.................. then go and get some of the cheap stuff, fill it up, and brag to his other GS'er buddies that he has some Pappys................. seeing that the only way a GS'er here at Hammy's could get some of the real stuff would be to ask a baser to provide it...........

kind of the same thing GM did to get them to buy GS'ers....................... larger body, everything else the same as a baser car except for the GS'er slower speed...................

This lower than low baser ( not sure I even qualify as that any longer ) only has Van Winkle's 12 year old, but any of my Hammy's homies are welcome to it if they ever stop in...
Old 08-14-2018, 04:53 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,888 Likes on 1,911 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Hey Randy why don't you slap some fender extenders and wider tires on lil chit. Then you can claim to be an GSer. Everyone will believe you now that the new baser lil chit is faster.

Just put the good whiskey in a flask, replace with cheap crap to serve all your GSer friends......good to go.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:08 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by wayback
Hey Randy why don't you slap some fender extenders and wider tires on lil chit. Then you can claim to be an GSer. Everyone will believe you now that the new baser lil chit is faster.

Just put the good whiskey in a flask, replace with cheap crap to serve all your GSer friends......good to go.
They actually have a process where they "roll" the fenders to make them wider....might have to check that out..

I'll be the first to say I cant tell the difference between the really expensive stuff and the cheaper stuff.

It's a good thing to have Walmart taste buds I guess....

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 08-14-2018, 05:11 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Put in four hours at work today...

The "book" said 4 to 6 weeks for recovery....made it back in thirteen days...

Now I just need to take it easy for a few more weeks.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:33 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Put in four hours at work today...

The "book" said 4 to 6 weeks for recovery....made it back in thirteen days...

Now I just need to take it easy for a few more weeks.

Congrats. on completing the whole process, and the road to recovery......................

four hours................. been here since 6AM, hoping to get out by 6PM......................

planned on longer hours today, as I am going to leave at 3PM tomorrow to make the Corvettes on Woodward event, as long as the rain stays away..................

let H1 keep it south at least through this big event upcoming weekend.....................

Old 08-14-2018, 07:59 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Sooo.....Big R......you have actual Pappy's 12 year old at your domestic....? Where do you live........ wait...... just wrap that bottle up and send it down to me for a taste test and then I will return it to you........ no honest....... I will......... or you can find the empty on eBay......... just kidding...... who and the hell would but cheap booze in a Pappy's bottle and try to pawn it off as the real stuff....... geez....... Shao that .99 two liters of hooch.......where did you get that? That's a hell of a deal........ we could make a bunch of Pappy's for that........ just saying....... be back in a bit........

Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill