C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 10:03 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,831 Likes on 1,969 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Here's a gal that needs to be on the Hammy's Wall of Fame........ RIP Kitty.....

https://jalopnik.com/kitty-oneil-dea...n-d-1830239603
Old 11-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 11-06-2018, 11:46 AM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Huskerman
Thats a nice view...... enjoy that.....I love the beach......some folks even call me the son of a beach...... Thinking of going somewhere with a beach after we retire...... sounds like fun to me.....

Speaking of Airlines I read that The Bikini Airline that has Bikini dancers on the plane in this age of PC....has just ordered 6.5 billion dollars worth of new airplanes......business is good......don't tell our frequent flyer Ruxy.....he would never get off the plane........

Glad you got the big engine sold Shao...... is there a reason for the cleanup........other then just to restore order........ just trying to keep up on things.......

Well better get to it....... free half shots of Pappy's for the first 10 basers to get up the stairs and get to the main bar......... its fun to see them all get stuck in the stairwell as they fight to get up it....... films on You Tube later......... Have a nice day!
I got to buy property, I'm getting assfucked on taxes
Old 11-06-2018, 02:50 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I am sure that is painful but Kalifornia is rather famous for that right? Are there any deductions left for property owners......? I think they took that all away with the Fed taxes......State taxes may give you a break ....... but there isn't enough legal dodges left so now it's a simplified form....... How much do you make? Send it in.......... I used to have a C corp an S corp and an LLC to move money around in and keep the IRS confused........ but what I paid in this year just wants to make me weep...... damnation...... and then they lost some of it.......what the hell..... and now they are charging me taxes and penalty because I missed the deadline....... I am not complaining I am stating facts...... I loooove this country but the buy in is getting worse all the time............vote no to big fat bureaucratic Government....... Rant over for now but reserve the right to revisit.......
Old 11-06-2018, 03:16 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,887 Likes on 1,910 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane
I got to buy property, I'm getting assfucked on taxes
Getting that in Cali........whooda guessed?

But I do feel for ya...getting bad around here also.
My property tax is now more than my mortgage was per year.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:26 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

I am sure that is painful but Kalifornia is rather famous for that right? Are there any deductions left for property owners......? I think they took that all away with the Fed taxes......State taxes may give you a break ....... but there isn't enough legal dodges left so now it's a simplified form....... How much do you make? Send it in.......... I used to have a C corp an S corp and an LLC to move money around in and keep the IRS confused........ but what I paid in this year just wants to make me weep...... damnation...... and then they lost some of it.......what the hell..... and now they are charging me taxes and penalty because I missed the deadline....... I am not complaining I am stating facts...... I loooove this country but the buy in is getting worse all the time............vote no to big fat bureaucratic Government....... Rant over for now but reserve the right to revisit.......
To be honest I haven't been keeping up on what's still available but my accountant keeps telling me to either have kids or buy property and I'm sure as **** not having kids
Old 11-06-2018, 03:28 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by wayback
Getting that in Cali........whooda guessed?

But I do feel for ya...getting bad around here also.
My property tax is now more than my mortgage was per year.
I'm not even sure I want to stay in the US anymore. I'd really like to live in Japan for a long while. Countryside houses there go for about 80k.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:32 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

here's a great article with photos of a "typical" Japanese house................

https://www.city-cost.com/blogs/Sait...living_saitama

my plans for late night or early morning entertainment is shown below................. will need to leave the area I am at about 2AM to get there for the 3AM launch.........

also the majority of Japanese people do NOT live in "typical houses" but more in small apartment or dorm style places due to lack of space, proximity to employment, and costs
Old 11-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rkj427
here's a great article with photos of a "typical" Japanese house................

https://www.city-cost.com/blogs/Sait...living_saitama

my plans for late night or early morning entertainment is shown below................. will need to leave the area I am at about 2AM to get there for the 3AM launch.........

also the majority of Japanese people do NOT live in "typical houses" but more in small apartment or dorm style places due to lack of space, proximity to employment, and costs
I've spent a LOT of time in Japan. I wouldn't be anywhere near a tech city that's for sure. It would be a tatami style home in Matsumoto

Old 11-07-2018, 04:54 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

the rocket launch here was delayed, then postponed until tomorrow at 3AM................

met a few others who arrived from out of town to view it, and we made plans to meet up again to see it tomorrow............

more later................ time to sleep...........................
Old 11-07-2018, 06:35 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,674 Likes on 1,699 Posts

the rocket launch here was delayed, then postponed until tomorrow at 3AM................

met a few others who arrived from out of town to view it, and we made plans to meet up again to see it tomorrow............

more later................ time to sleep...........................
Bummer! At least you can stay and see it tonight.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:27 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BadAV
Bummer! At least you can stay and see it tonight.
that was the plan again..................... although NOT the rocket which was going to be launched, this was taken at the Kennedy Space Center about 3:20AM today.............

while walking around the streets before dinner, saw this in a store window...................

reminded me of the constant struggle between the basers and GS'ers........................

with the sign reading "Never Give Up"......................

GS'er price tag though........................... $399.99................

Old 11-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Strange what passes for art these days....... although I get the message....... hope Rocketman gets to see the launch or at least have a nice lunch..... In fact you may want to stay longer......its snowing here at the moment and I'm thinking Florida is looking real good right now......

the GS'ers have been thinking of getting a place here to while away the cold northern winter...... something small and wide....... maybe a yacht to party on also...... we will bring it to a vote later.....

https://www.oceanreef.com/Home-1888.html

was out working yesterday in the country and glad I did as the snow piles up.......

Shao...... if you could afford that place it would be a hell of a write off........I wonder what Japans taxes are like? Of course of you want to get away you could get a real nice log cabin in Wyoming or Montana where there are not a lot of folks around....... lots of cows and a few Buffalo and elk........ just saying..... Both those States don't have sales taxes......

well better get a nap in before lunch and then my afternoon nap.....that or go shovel snow.......

Last edited by Huskerman; 11-08-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:18 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,629 Likes on 2,349 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Well, Hamsters, today was the Corvette Outlaw's bfast...I had me some hot grease: fried eggs, bacon, hash browns, and, celebrating National Harvey Wallbanger Day, I had a Harvey Wallbanger. Ok, several.
Good food, good folks, and good 'bangers!
I'm glad bfast was today and not tmorro...National Scrapple Day. For those not in the know Scrapple is a dish just made for H1: a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal, wheat flour, and spices formed into a semi-solid loaf sliced, and pan fried. I think I read "scrapple" is Pennsylvania Dutch for "poon haus". But I could be wrong.
And a ponderment for your day:
If you are having surgery and your doctor suddenly had a heart attack would the other doctors work on the doctor or you?
Sic 'em, hammers...
Old 11-08-2018, 11:31 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

...... maybe a yacht to party on also...
I'm unsure which would be better for a GS'er yacht:
Plenty wide...

Or self-explanatory...

Old 11-08-2018, 11:37 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Teeb...I sent you a PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:38 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

thinking that the wide blow boat would be more appropriate for the GS’ers

could use use all the GS’ers hot air to power it around the earth

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 11-08-2018, 11:43 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Beautiful...where are you?
Old 11-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Strange what passes for art these days....... although I get the message....... hope Rocketman gets to see the launch or at least have a nice lunch..... In fact you may want to stay longer......its snowing here at the moment and I'm thinking Florida is looking real good right now......

the GS'ers have been thinking of getting a place here to while away the cold northern winter...... something small and wide....... maybe a yacht to party on also...... we will bring it to a vote later.....

https://www.oceanreef.com/Home-1888.html

was out working yesterday in the country and glad I did as the snow piles up.......

Shao...... if you could afford that place it would be a hell of a write off........I wonder what Japans taxes are like? Of course of you want to get away you could get a real nice log cabin in Wyoming or Montana where there are not a lot of folks around....... lots of cows and a few Buffalo and elk........ just saying..... Both those States don't have sales taxes......

well better get a nap in before lunch and then my afternoon nap.....that or go shovel snow.......
If I bought that place in Japan it wouldn't be a getaway, it would be a full on relocation. Ship my truck and vette over there, probably build a covert safe box somewhere in the frame rails of the truck to hide my guns in(not that I'd need them but I'm certainly not gonna sell them) and open some sort of business to satisfy Japanese visa requirements. Can't handle the extreme right of central states any more than I can handle the extreme left of CA.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:26 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Extreme right.....I like the sound of that........ although you guys are the only ones I can talk to about politics ....... wife banned me from talking it at family gatherings....... I said hey hey what about free speech........ huh what about it? I got the look......so went out to the shop so I could talk to myself and the dogs....... dogs love political talk......

Ruxy I can't find the pic of the boat we would get for the basers........can you look that up for me and post it please......you know the one.......

You're hurting me now Rocky.......just got done scooping snow........damnation.....

Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill