C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 05:02 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
I lost nearly 10 lbs of skeletal muscle (primarily legs and arms) in a 5-day period a year ago. A drug reaction occurred when it clashed with a statin prescribed for nearly 5 years and an antibiotic prescribed for a UTI. The lingering effects have reduced my strength and somewhat my ability to regain the muscle. While some forms of exercise are sustainable, others take several days to recover from. My doctors tell me it's all part of the winding down process after I retired from working the average 75 hour weeks.
I passed the 63 year life expectancy 14 years ago. Genetically speaking, I probably have 20 years left, since both my parents lived to their mid-90's. Obviously, I'm not going back to the 75 hour work weeks and I'm older than any of those guys you named. I'm just trying to see how to handle the natural degradation process and if the damage from a year ago is permanent or if I can recover a portion of it.
Yes and no. Everything is diet related. Comes down to nitrogen efficiency of the body. Since that's what all our food is converted to after eating it. The male CNS system can handle rework of a certain muscular system about 72 hours after a complete intake nitrogen cycle (women can actually do the same in just 4 hours, but overall output is less since they have less androgen receptor output than male structures do)

So people who adhere to a standard training cycle i.e. Chest Monday, back Tuesday etc. Limit total growth potential as they allow an unnecessary overlap of rest. There is a whole host of endocrine response that I don't really feel like typing out.

Now, down to the "natural" progression...
I have always been an advocate for being better evolved species and with medicine where it is now and the affordability of it, there's no reason anymore to not supplement an aging endocrine system. We supplement everything, why not hormones? Having a protein shake, multivitamin or advil is no different.

TRT(Testosterone replacement therapy) clinics are everywhere now. And for $100-200 a month you can have CNS and endocrine functionality of your 21 year old self. Which typically decreases other health related issues as well and now that I've reached 30 I'm finally a candidate for TRT and will be starting soon.

As far as the skeletal muscle loss. I've been there. My shoulder dislocation, then bursa break then the depression from discovering my fiance was cheating sent me from 215lbs to 137lbs in about 6 weeks from an absence of training and eating. Eventually I just had to suck up the pain and push to train. I did however have my brothers assistance at the beginning, the pain in my left arm was so I struggled to hold onto a 5lb weight and he would be there keeping my hands closed so I could complete my sets. Took about 5 years to recover the weight.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:34 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,837 Likes on 1,970 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Yeah.....Atta boy Shao...huge comeback......nice work, congrats....... raising a cold one in your direction as I type....... Amazing how I give the same talk to farmers about Nitrogen efficiency in Corn. How to maximize it.....what products to use and when to use them....that kind of thing. Very interesting how the same thing correlates in the human body. How are we intaking Nitrogen..... ? What does it do?

Hey hey how bout dem Huskers...... totally dominating the Spartans 9 to 6....... we are dancing in the streets...... what's that like, 4 wins in a row now? .....come on....free steaks and Pappy's in the Husker lounge at Hammy's..... hahahaha........first win we have had in a game with no touchdowns scored since 1936 or 7....... what a nail biter.....I think we scored all the field goals in the 4th quarter...... dude, total blast at the stadium.....it was freezing out and windy and snowing....Classic Big 10 football game..... nobody left early......the much maligned Black Shirts kicked *** today and along with special teams won the game for us........ happy happy happy...... Iowa next week at their house .....don't miss it...... t

Gotta rest now....... lot's of action today....... but then I am a man of action......

Hey hey....what's this about the Cougs girls B Ball team beating the Lady Huskers in like double or triple overtime last night? I wish the Cougs well but that's not working for me....... I heard we got home towned by the Refs and some of the Cougs players should be checked for testosterone levels....if you get my drift........ figures that it took that to beat us....... I'm going to make sure I attend that game here when the Cogs come to our house.......
Old 11-17-2018, 07:13 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,350 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Huskerman
...some of the Cougs players should be checked for testosterone levels.......
Check their nitrogen level...they don't call it "moo U" for nuthin.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:42 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 324 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Check their nitrogen level...they don't call it "moo U" for nuthin.
H1, any win is a Good Win, even better when ya feezing ya tootsie.

Ruxy....Either way tonight, the Cougs big game is with the "UDDER" U next Friday.
GO COUGS....
Did someone say PopCorn...must be a husker

To bad Ohio State survived another one by a Hair for sure.

Last edited by NOWUCME; 11-17-2018 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:13 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

The Cougs eked out a win tonight beating Arizona 69-28.
Apple cup next weekend...in Pullman!
Go Cougs.
The following users liked this post:
NOWUCME (11-18-2018)
Old 11-18-2018, 02:00 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane
Now, down to the "natural" progression...
I have always been an advocate for being better evolved species and with medicine where it is now and the affordability of it, there's no reason anymore to not supplement an aging endocrine system. We supplement everything, why not hormones? Having a protein shake, multivitamin or advil is no different.

TRT(Testosterone replacement therapy) clinics are everywhere now. And for $100-200 a month you can have CNS and endocrine functionality of your 21 year old self. Which typically decreases other health related issues as well and now that I've reached 30 I'm finally a candidate for TRT and will be starting soon.
Thanks Although I don't want to go back to my 20's or 30's (I'm afraid I'd hurt myself), just going back to 75 would be great. I do the protein shake, multivitamin, 162mg aspirin, acid inhibitor and 2 scoops of ice cream daily in addition to a wide ranging diet of other foods. I'd probably OD on the TRT program for more reasons than one.
Last week it took me an hour to jack up the car, get under (that was the hard part) and put in the exhaust pipe that had fallen out. Two years ago that would have been a 15 minute job. Now i'm nearly halfway done moving a 3 ton load of asphalt grindings about 250 feet from where they were dumped to where they're needed, one wheelbarrow load at a time. I have the Salonpas Lidocaine patches on standby.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:21 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Thanks Although I don't want to go back to my 20's or 30's (I'm afraid I'd hurt myself), just going back to 75 would be great. I do the protein shake, multivitamin, 162mg aspirin, acid inhibitor and 2 scoops of ice cream daily in addition to a wide ranging diet of other foods. I'd probably OD on the TRT program for more reasons than one.
Last week it took me an hour to jack up the car, get under (that was the hard part) and put in the exhaust pipe that had fallen out. Two years ago that would have been a 15 minute job. Now i'm nearly halfway done moving a 3 ton load of asphalt grindings about 250 feet from where they were dumped to where they're needed, one wheelbarrow load at a time. I have the Salonpas Lidocaine patches on standby.
You couldn't OD on Testosterone if you wanted to, it's an essential body function hormone. Take too much and you start to develop benign gynecomastia, which is quickly reversible. TRT will be administered in two forms, either Cyponate or Enanthate. Both of which increase joint fluid retention. You could drop the aspirin down to 50mg a day for straight heart health and keep the TRT at 150mg a week and have stable total T in the high 800-900 range. It would increase nitrogen retention, GH response and increase bone stability, etc.

No while I do have a protein shake daily, it is something that should be avoided if possible. I have a shake only post cardio, to help with catabolism, it's in quick, and processed quick. If you haven't taxed your CNS sufficiently then it can be very harsh on the kidneys. If I have the opportunity I always choose solid foods over a shake. Egg whites, and whole milk is a great alternative. You get a mixture of two types of protein. Specifically casein from the milk, which is a long digestion protein, keeps you fuller longer and has a stable amino profile breakdown. If you insist on a shake, use a casein variant.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:11 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

So my Pure Isolate Whey Protein shake I have for lunch with a 4 pack of Belvita whole grain biscuits is ok? Or not...... I need energy without eating a steak at lunch.....Protein gives me that energy. When I lift or work the rowing machine I make a Muscle Milk shake with 32% Whey Protein that has some vitamins and minerals in it......with low sugars. I put these powders in 2% milk...... all Chocolate flavored protein of course....... The Belvita's give me about 4 hours of energy...... I don't lose weight but don't gain any either. I take a Centurum Silver vitamin pill a couple times a week but that is all for supplements. In the morning I have a bowl of Special K Protein Cereal....10% and a chopped up banana or raisins on it with 2% milk. That will get me to lunch.

The cereal has soy protein isolate which I try to stay away from but I am usually in a hurry and don't have time to fry or scramble eggs......and bacon..... I loooove bacon......what is not to love? We get these big packs of it that has been cooked already so I just have to pop it in the micro.......mmmmm........geez I'm making me hungry.......

Supper I try to have lean meat and veggies or homemade soups. Try to stay away from canned soup due to the amount of salt. Very little fast food.....but fall off the wagon every now and then.....when I have no other choice for chow. I like bread and pasta and other things that may not be good for you.....like chocolate cake..... My main snack is Fig Newtons.......

So go ahead and rip it apart and tell me what I should be doing......... I can take it........ just don't mess with my fig newtons......
Old 11-18-2018, 04:09 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 707 Posts

House smells of ham baking in pineapple juice and brown sugar ....probably not on the "healthy " list.... Must restrain myself to only a piece or two, everything in moderation.

Picked up a half ham cheaper than we paid for two taco combos at Taco Bell today

22# Butterball thawing in fridge for turkey day.....theres some healthy protein...
Old 11-18-2018, 08:06 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Huskerman
So my Pure Isolate Whey Protein shake I have for lunch with a 4 pack of Belvita whole grain biscuits is ok? Or not...... I need energy without eating a steak at lunch.....Protein gives me that energy. When I lift or work the rowing machine I make a Muscle Milk shake with 32% Whey Protein that has some vitamins and minerals in it......with low sugars. I put these powders in 2% milk...... all Chocolate flavored protein of course....... The Belvita's give me about 4 hours of energy...... I don't lose weight but don't gain any either. I take a Centurum Silver vitamin pill a couple times a week but that is all for supplements. In the morning I have a bowl of Special K Protein Cereal....10% and a chopped up banana or raisins on it with 2% milk. That will get me to lunch.

The cereal has soy protein isolate which I try to stay away from but I am usually in a hurry and don't have time to fry or scramble eggs......and bacon..... I loooove bacon......what is not to love? We get these big packs of it that has been cooked already so I just have to pop it in the micro.......mmmmm........geez I'm making me hungry.......

Supper I try to have lean meat and veggies or homemade soups. Try to stay away from canned soup due to the amount of salt. Very little fast food.....but fall off the wagon every now and then.....when I have no other choice for chow. I like bread and pasta and other things that may not be good for you.....like chocolate cake..... My main snack is Fig Newtons.......

So go ahead and rip it apart and tell me what I should be doing......... I can take it........ just don't mess with my fig newtons......
Shakes aren't bad per say, just solid foods are better. The belvitas are cool, I usually have a few dozen boxes around cause they taste like **** and don't cause a sugar craving, even though they have a ton of sugar.

Soy is a no no, it's the number one cause of cancer in humans, next is sugar. Also sodium is not as bad as people make it out to be, if your muscles are taxed sufficiently, sodium is a necessity. Current my carbs are so low I'm sodium loading to help with the hunger and fatigue.

Also Bacon is all kinds of bad, but so is ******* strangers without a condom and since I won't stop doing that, I won't stop eating bacon either.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:16 AM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 920 Likes on 465 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

The new Grand Sport is finally here, but I don't get to bring it home yet. This photo was taken before the front splitter and side skirts were installed. That will be done Monday morning, we pick it up mid-day and deliver it to our local Xpel Ultimate installer. Should be able to bring it home Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning.

What is the one thing I told them multiple times? DO NOT install one of the front license brackets during PDI. I found an open toolbox and removed the damn thing myself!
The following 3 users liked this post by duckvett:
HOXXOH (11-19-2018), Huskerman (11-19-2018), teebee (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 05:29 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

your new GS convertible looks great Duckvette!

Here's hoping that you have as many miles of smiles and enjoyment from this one as your C6 provided!
Old 11-19-2018, 06:20 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 707 Posts

Originally Posted by rkj427
your new GS convertible looks great Duckvette!

Here's hoping that you have as many miles of smiles and enjoyment from this one as your C6 provided!

Beautiful......
Old 11-19-2018, 09:02 AM
teebee
Safety Car

Received 542 Likes on 287 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Agreed! It is a sweet looking ride.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:07 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Ah, man, I want me one a them...
Old 11-19-2018, 10:02 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,892 Likes on 1,914 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Ah, man, I want me one a them...
Make mine a coupe please. But that is a beauty.

Last edited by wayback; 11-19-2018 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:29 AM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Black or body color wheels and shes perfect.

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 11-19-2018, 11:29 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Dude......its a stunner...... and so wide......can't wait to see it in person.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:03 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Interesting watch of Chevy's being made in 1936...

Old 11-19-2018, 12:17 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Watch it and weep basers.........

Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill