C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 05:41 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Checking in, what the hells going on around here. Been busy freshening the deck up. New railings (designed and made by yours truly) and prepping floor for stain. I'm ready for Margaritaville......

Last edited by R&L's C6; 07-01-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Checking in, what the hells going on around here. Been busy freshening the deck up. New railings (designed and made my yours truly) and prepping floor for stain. I'm ready for Margaritaville......
Very professional looking deck! How are you growing those tomatoes? Are you using a large flower pot?
Old 07-01-2015, 08:03 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,898 Likes on 1,916 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Hameister
Very professional looking deck! How are you growing those tomatoes? Are you using a large flower pot?
Got to be plastic!! Everyone knows there summer is neither long enough or hot enough to grow tomatoes.

Good job Randy, looks great.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:10 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks, yes in a flower pot. The darn thing is over six feet tall and growing like crazy. Probably wasn't the brightest idea planting that this year when we needed to work on the deck.

The white railing on the right still needs to be replaced. Friday's job.

Last edited by R&L's C6; 07-01-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:12 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by wayback
Got to be plastic!! Everyone knows there summer is neither long enough or hot enough to grow tomatoes.

Good job Randy, looks great.
Thanks Roger.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:20 AM
funz06
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Thanks, yes in a flower pot. The darn thing is over six feet tall and growing like crazy. Probably wasn't the brightest idea planting that this year when we needed to work on the deck.

The white railing on the right still needs to be replaced. Friday's job.

Haven't grown a tomato plant in decades------and I am sure you have forgotten more than I know, but do you think you may have a few 'suckers' growing in there? My daughter's father-in-law taught me about suckers over the Father's Day weekend when he was helping her revive her tomato plants (also in plastic buckets).......seems like he removed about a third of the growth so the remaining branches would be able to produce tomatoes. Having said that, I see you already have a few green tomatoes..............more importantly, the deck looks great---excellent work.

In any event, the main reason for my note---Hammy, I still haven't received my pay check for helping out while you were up North..........should I be contacting someone in Human Resources or something? And what should I do with the 'extra' cases of wine and Bud light that were delivered to my house by mistake (I just got so confused when signing the delivery and ordering slips during the happy hour give-away when tending the bar).
Old 07-02-2015, 11:50 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by funz06
In any event, the main reason for my note---Hammy, I still haven't received my pay check for helping out while you were up North..........should I be contacting someone in Human Resources or something? And what should I do with the 'extra' cases of wine and Bud light that were delivered to my house by mistake (I just got so confused when signing the delivery and ordering slips during the happy hour give-away when tending the bar).
I can't help you with the pay issue, but to avoid any cost to you, I'd be happy to send you shipping labels from my UPS account for the extra wine and beer cases. Just slap the labels on the boxes (no need to note the address) and call UPS for pickup. It'll be my contribution.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:10 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
I can't help you with the pay issue, but to avoid any cost to you, I'd be happy to send you shipping labels from my UPS account for the extra wine and beer cases. Just slap the labels on the boxes (no need to note the address) and call UPS for pickup. It'll be my contribution.
It's heartwarming to see everyone step up and help Hammy the way we have while he was on vacation.

We're a bunch of great, thoughtful friends in his time of need. I'm so proud of everyone........next 3 rounds are on the house.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:31 PM
funz06
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
I was just about to call you for the labels, and then................oh man, I hope I didn't make another managerial mistake---Huskerman will never hire me back next time Hammy goes away.

Well, I had the phone in my hand to call you, and I heard my bell ring. It was Hammy's cousin Hootrama. She saw my post about the pay check, and the extra wine and beer--so she thought it best to come right over to straighten things out. She explained that Hammy wanted her to take the extra beer and wine for a party she was having over the 4th weekend (I got invited if I tend bar--she liked the job I did at Hammy's). Oh, about that paycheck---never mind.

For those who missed my new very good friend Hootrama----she was introduced in thread #820.................Hammy, great idea putting her in charge of payroll.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:52 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I was just about to call you for the labels, and then................oh man, I hope I didn't make another managerial mistake---Huskerman will never hire me back next time Hammy goes away.

Well, I had the phone in my hand to call you, and I heard my bell ring. It was Hammy's cousin Hootrama. She saw my post about the pay check, and the extra wine and beer--so she thought it best to come right over to straighten things out. She explained that Hammy wanted her to take the extra beer and wine for a party she was having over the 4th weekend (I got invited if I tend bar--she liked the job I did at Hammy's). Oh, about that paycheck---never mind.

For those who missed my new very good friend Hootrama----she was introduced in thread #820.................Hammy, great idea putting her in charge of payroll.
That was hay roll, not payroll. It's no wonder you have management problems, geesh! Keep Hammy's cousin happy.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:57 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Haven't grown a tomato plant in decades------and I am sure you have forgotten more than I know, but do you think you may have a few 'suckers' growing in there? My daughter's father-in-law taught me about suckers over the Father's Day weekend when he was helping her revive her tomato plants (also in plastic buckets).......seems like he removed about a third of the growth so the remaining branches would be able to produce tomatoes. Having said that, I see you already have a few green tomatoes..............more importantly, the deck looks great---excellent work.
I have no idea how to grow tomatoes, I just stuck it in a pot and water it.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:24 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,294 Likes on 1,200 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Hope everyone has a good 4th! A few of us (2 GSs and a Z06) are getting ready to go down and cruise the three sisters tomorrow, and then the wife and I will be going on to Austin for the weekend.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,861 Likes on 1,982 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Rest easy Funzee......the way you were mixing drinks no one would want you fired.....really.....?.....three fingers of hooch is not going to be that profitable but the customers sure luv ya.......
Old 07-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Here's wishing everyone at the bar, a fun and safe July 4th!
It's a great time to enjoy family, as well as remember our roots, and our freedoms, and cherish the ones that still remain.

I'm waiting for some more parts to arrive tomorrow. I'll be building a new gaming computer once the family is gone, and the house quiets down.

For anyone who might be interested in a new power supply, you just cannot beat the sale price on this 1kw Corsair at NewEgg for $169.00.
It's normally $189 to $199 every where. All I really needed was an 850w, but the sale price on the 1,000w was the same price as the 850w, so it was a no brainer.
This PSU is awesome.
Allows for switchable +12v single, or multiple rail output, and is fully modular.
Through a USB cable, and the included software, you can monitor and adjust the power supply's individual output voltages, for +3.3, +5v and +12v.
Never thought I'd live to see power supply technology reach these levels.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:22 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Huskerman
Rest easy Funzee......the way you were mixing drinks no one would want you fired.....really.....?.....three fingers of hooch is not going to be that profitable but the customers sure luv ya.......
What? He charged you for your drinks? He never.....umm....nevermind.

Hurry back Funzee is all I have to say......
Old 07-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Oh great, my cousin was a virgin.
Now what am I supposed to tell her parents, after she spends a few days with you miscreants.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:04 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Oh great, my cousin was a virgin.
Now what am I supposed to tell her parents, after she spends a few days with you miscreants.
Just tell them she had a really really good time.

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 07-03-2015, 12:50 AM
GL10DR
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan70
Hope everyone has a good 4th! A few of us (2 GSs and a Z06) are getting ready to go down and cruise the three sisters tomorrow, and then the wife and I will be going on to Austin for the weekend.
The Three Sisters are a blast enjoy the ride and weekend in Austin
Old 07-03-2015, 01:37 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I've always heard good things about Austin Texas.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:19 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Torchsport
I've always heard good things about Austin Texas.
It's Weird......

Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill