C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xpel install on my 427 (almost)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Phlash
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Xpel install on my 427 (almost)

I took my '13 427 CE in today to have Xpel put on the front bumper, mirrors, and hood today, and quotes on the brake vents and on the rear quarters, but after talking with the installer and looking at the condition of his shop, I backed out. He said he had done a few corvettes and said the bumper was pretty challenging. I just didn't get that good feeling. I have seen his work with decals, stripes and window trim, and he is good, but when it comes to the Xpel, I want an installer who has done a lot of corvettes in a clean shop. Do any of you forum members have any suggestions for installers in Texas or Oklahoma or Colorado? That you would recommend? I am willing to travel for a good job.

Phlash
Old 09-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 402 Likes on 283 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'24

Is a drive to Tennessee out of the question? The person who did mine did an excellent job and if
the Museum gets backed up helps them out with the installs.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:47 PM
Phlash
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am near Amarillo, so anywhere I go is a drive, but I doubt I will be that direction until spring. I will be in Denver in a couple of weeks and Dallas later in September, so I was hoping for a convenient stopover. If I head that direction sooner, I will drop you a note. So far I have been lucky with road damage. I have one very small chip on the passenger door that wouldn't have been prevented without a full wrap and a scuff on a headlight.

Thanks
Phlash

Originally Posted by NDMIKE88
Is a drive to Tennessee out of the question? The person who did mine did an excellent job and if
the Museum gets backed up helps them out with the installs.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:48 AM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 931 Likes on 469 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

The Xpel website has a list of authorized installers. The installer I used spent a week in San Antonio learning Xpel's process. After the install we found a hair under the film on the bumper. He stripped the film, re-prepped, cut a new piece and replaced it, no questions. I have driven our Grand Sport from the west coast to Georgia and back and am very happy with the Xpel Ultimate.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:05 AM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 272 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Phlash
I am near Amarillo, so anywhere I go is a drive, but I doubt I will be that direction until spring. I will be in Denver in a couple of weeks and Dallas later in September, so I was hoping for a convenient stopover. If I head that direction sooner, I will drop you a note. So far I have been lucky with road damage. I have one very small chip on the passenger door that wouldn't have been prevented without a full wrap and a scuff on a headlight.

Thanks
Phlash
I don't believe we have any close to pampa, the closest would be amarillo.

But if you're going to be in dallas, click: XPEL DALLAS

When you're in Denver, click: XPEL DENVER

if you have any questions regarding an installer particularly you can always PM us
Old 09-03-2015, 10:42 PM
ButchN
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

Xpel FTW!
While on vaca in July I came out of a shopping center to find damage on my front fascia from someone backing into it.
Thought for sure I also needed paint but when I got home my xpel installer took off the old bra & to our surprise, no fascia damage!
The Xpel did its job, & quite well I may add!
Here are some pics of the damage, the fascia after the bra was removed, a couple of the re-install, & how the new bra looks.
W/O the Xpel I was probably looking at fascia rework, paint & a few weeks down time.
With the Xpel, I was only down a couple of hours, & for a allot less out of pocket $$!
Thanks Xpel!!

Damage to Xpel clear Bra.

Damage to Xpel clear Bra.

Xpel removed, no fascia damage!<br/>It did its job!

Xpel removed, no fascia damage!<br/>It did its job!

Xpel removed, no fascia damage!

Xpel being reinstalled.

Xpel being reinstalled.

Xpel installed.

Xpel installed.

Get notified of new replies

To Xpel install on my 427 (almost)

Quick Reply: Xpel install on my 427 (almost)