C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supervettes ZR8X Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 09:44 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

I guess that the installation kit doesn't come with liners and ducts...
Old 05-06-2016, 09:50 PM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 174 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by RicardoFors68
I guess that the installation kit doesn't come with liners and ducts...
It comes with the rear wheel liners no ducts, and the front liners behind the front wheel not the ones in front of the wheel, and no ducts for the front either.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:03 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

ahhhh, good to know
Old 05-07-2016, 12:18 AM
cforcht
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by COMMANDER2OOO
yes I have those on my car.
then all you will need is the liner and the duct and you should be golden.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:55 PM
cforcht
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

well its officially DONE. aside from a few mechanical things that have nothing to do with the widebody. took it for a shake down drive today. put about 50 miles on it. no problems other than it certainly needs the tuning ironed out. ran well and drove well but its a little rough around the edges. wouldnt want to drive in real traffic the way it runs right now. going to dyno on wednesday for tuning. all work done by myself with the assistance of a friend. including painting.

pics for your amusement.

The following users liked this post:
RicardoFors68 (05-08-2016)
Old 05-08-2016, 12:06 AM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by cforcht
well its officially DONE. aside from a few mechanical things that have nothing to do with the widebody. took it for a shake down drive today. put about 50 miles on it. no problems other than it certainly needs the tuning ironed out. ran well and drove well but its a little rough around the edges. wouldnt want to drive in real traffic the way it runs right now. going to dyno on wednesday for tuning. all work done by myself with the assistance of a friend. including painting.

pics for your amusement.

You nailed it Cforcht that car just looks dangerous, as u know I'm not a fan of the black wheels but on your car they look sick. That car is truly BADASS, Congrats on the completion it looks amazing.
The following users liked this post:
1Willy1 (02-26-2021)
Old 05-08-2016, 12:10 AM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Cforcht I cant really tell but it looks like u have front splash guards, if so where did u get them? I need some.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:11 AM
cforcht
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

You nailed it Cforcht that car just looks dangerous, as u know I'm not a fan of the black wheels but on your car they look sick. That car is truly BADASS, Congrats on the completion it looks amazing.
Thanks Commander. Im not a fan of black wheels in general either. but this particular combination just screamed black wheels. not sure why. I have never owned a car with black wheels before not to mention paying this much for them to boot. but I do like the overall look of the car.

now get crackin Commander we wanna see some pics of yours. same to you Magik. tell that painter to quit sniffin the paint fumes and start layin paint.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:14 AM
cforcht
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Cforcht I cant really tell but it looks like u have front splash guards, if so where did u get them? I need some.
I wish they were. those are just the inner liners. I bought some that were "supposed" to fit. they were not even close. sent em back. gonna make my own or try to anyway. will let you know how it goes. gonna be made of black Kydex. or thats the plan anyway. it can be heat formed and still retain flexibility afterwards unlike most other plastics.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:34 AM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

2016 C5 of Year Finalist

I wish they were. those are just the inner liners. I bought some that were "supposed" to fit. they were not even close. sent em back. gonna make my own or try to anyway. will let you know how it goes. gonna be made of black Kydex. or thats the plan anyway. it can be heat formed and still retain flexibility afterwards unlike most other plastics.
OK if they turn out well make 2 sets. Oh and you have to post everytime u walk up to your car and accidently kick the side skirts.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:35 AM
cforcht
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

OK if they turn out well make 2 sets. Oh and you have to post everytime u walk up to your car and accidently kick the side skirts.
ok I have already done that a few times now. damn things are in the way like no other.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:40 AM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

2016 C5 of Year Finalist

ok I have already done that a few times now. damn things are in the way like no other.
that's why I put the decals there, u need something to draw your eyes that way to remind you that they are there. lol
Old 05-08-2016, 12:41 AM
cforcht
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I think I would still hit them. got the car aligned today hit them a couple times just getting that done.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:46 AM
Magik
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

So you don't have this gap right?
Sorry, late reply.

No, I don't have the gap. I ordered the full install kit from Supervettes, which had the front liner.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:49 AM
Magik
Racer

pics for your amusement.

Love the shots! The car looks damn gorgeous. I love the paint, and the black wheels are growing on me. I wasn't much a fan of black wheels before, but I like them a lot more now. Thinking of going to a matte black on mine as well. My son really loves black wheels.

Just out of curiosity, on this last pic, it looks like it sits a little lower on the right rear. Is it just the angle? My car sits a little lower on the left rear, so I tried adjusting the bolt on the right to try and get it even. When last I had my car it still didn't settle yet.

Last edited by Magik; 05-08-2016 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:55 AM
Magik
Racer

I've seen front splash guards for sale in the MidAmerica site.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:57 AM
Magik
Racer

Thanks Commander. Im not a fan of black wheels in general either. but this particular combination just screamed black wheels. not sure why. I have never owned a car with black wheels before not to mention paying this much for them to boot. but I do like the overall look of the car.

now get crackin Commander we wanna see some pics of yours. same to you Magik. tell that painter to quit sniffin the paint fumes and start layin paint.
I know man. The wait is killing me! Just a few more weeks I hope.

Get notified of new replies

To Supervettes ZR8X Kit

Old 05-08-2016, 06:59 AM
Magik
Racer

I'd love to see how those turn out. I may look into getting front splash guards in some point in time. I'm worried about road debris being kicked up by the front wheels.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:16 AM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

2016 C5 of Year Finalist

It comes with the rear wheel liners no ducts, and the front liners behind the front wheel not the ones in front of the wheel, and no ducts for the front either.
OK I stand corrected, the kit does come with the front liner, not sure why mine didn't but I'm looking into it.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:50 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

cforcht: car came out looking very nice! Why does the rear seems to be raised?

Quick Reply: Supervettes ZR8X Kit