C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those running MOOG End Links

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 02:48 PM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default For those running MOOG End Links

I purchased 4 of them a couple of months ago (Moog K750136 Stabilizer Bar Link). Well I was told not to do more than 3 pumps with the grease into the fittings. I usually did 2-3. Well I guess one of them I did three full pumps and I think it split the seal so grease came flowing out. I am pretty sure this is causing my metal clanking problem on the driver side. It was the driver side rear that I had busted the seal on. It didn't make any sound for a few weeks or so until lately. I think all the grease prob fell out or something and now every time I go into reverse then forward or if I let the clutch out to early and it jumps on accident it makes the metal to metal clank. Now the axles nuts I have used the famous lock washer they use on the ZR1's and I have tightened it down to 160lbs. So I can rule that out.

I went ahead and purchased another end link in hopes of it fixing the problem. What do you guys think?

Last edited by crAzy; 11-17-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:12 PM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by crAzy
I purchased 4 of them a couple of months ago (Moog K750136 Stabilizer Bar Link). Well I was told not to do more than 3 pumps with the grease into the fittings. I usually did 2-3. Well I guess one of them I did three full pumps and I think it split the seal so grease came flowing out. I am pretty sure this is causing my metal clanking problem on the driver side. It was the driver side rear that I had busted the seal on. It didn't make any sound for a few weeks or so until lately. I think all the grease prob fell out or something and now every time I go into reverse then forward or if I let the clutch out to early and it jumps on accident it makes the metal to metal clank. Now the axles nuts I have used the famous lock washer they use on the ZR1's and I have tightened it down to 160lbs. So I can rule that out.

I went ahead and purchased another end link in hopes of it fixing the problem. What do you guys think?
I am looking to get Moog endlinks, which are being recommended by some guys here on the forum. So while doing some research, I dug out this old post. 500+ views and no comments?!

So who all are using these and how are they holding up?

Old 06-20-2018, 05:51 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by crAzy

What you seem to be suggesting is that the end links are worn out after just 2 months because the grease seal was/is broken. Seems like even with the seal broken that there would be enough grease to last for several months, if not longer depending on the type of driving you do and how much.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:02 PM
98Gambler
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18

I installed the Moogs about 2 months ago and so far great, nice and quiet. I can’t remember how much grease but they didn’t take much. I would also be surprised if it wore out that quick.
The following users liked this post:
Vette_Fan (06-20-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To For those running MOOG End Links

Quick Reply: For those running MOOG End Links