C6 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C6 products, services and promotions.

C6 Corvette Coupe Illuminated Glow Plate @ PFYC-PartsForYourCar

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 04:03 PM
PFYC
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 165 Likes on 145 Posts

Default C6 Corvette Coupe Illuminated Glow Plate @ PFYC-PartsForYourCar

Wind Restrictor Illuminated Glow Plate for C6 Corvette Coupe

A coupe version of our popular Wind Restrictor is now available for your C6 Corvette (non convertible). All models will come with your choice of etched logo and illumination color. You can choose to have one our standard Corvette graphics or a custom graphic and use your own by supplying us the artwork. Lots of add-ons are also available.

This wind restrictor was designed to wow spectators and provide functionality for you as a driver at the same time. The all new wind restrictor for the C6 Coupe, Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1 is a custom designed acrylite-glass partition that serves as a trunk divider by day, and show stopper by night! It creates a partition that will keep trunk items from sliding into the cabin when making those quick stops and as a nice bonus, also reduces wind noise and buffeting in the cockpit when your removable roof is off and you are driving at highway speeds.

Some more details you might be interested in:

Made from double-sided AR Polycarbonate
-This very durable acrylic type material is also scratch resistant. Others are made out of much cheaper materials and dangerously breakable plastics. Some are Lexan; the disadvantage is that it scratches easily and won't emit illumination and may also discolor with etching.
Professionally and precisely designed and laser cut
-Others are produced at home using table routers and jigsaws leaving rough edges and defective shapes. Wind Restrictors are professionally produced from the finest materials using state-of-the-art equipment.
Illumination available
-The only wind deflecting device on the market that has this patent pending feature! You can have the Wind Restrictor Light Kit hard wired to any 12 volt wire in the car. Most car audio/electronic shops or dealerships can wire it or you can do it yourself in less than 1 hour. A cigarette lighter plug adapter or AAA battery pack can be added for an easy, convenient connection.
Laser etching available
-Etched with a high powered laser to really make your roadster unique and stand out. The engraving will also emit light and give off an awesome glowing effect with a light kit installed. Personalize your roadster with a custom logo or any of our standard graphics
Perfectly formed to the contours of your Corvette
-Others won't fit as nicely as this.
Attaches to your Corvette without permanent alteration or tacky fixtures
-No drilling or permanent modification is required.
Extremely smooth crystal-clear edges
-Others are sometimes sharp and ridged; ours are laser cut smoothly to perfection and then flame polished so that the Wind Restrictor looks and feels like "a million bucks" as well as emitting the best quality illumination

Glow Module Add-On

The Glow Module will work perfectly with the extreme lighting kit offered above. There is no need for the dimmer control switch, the on/off switch, battery pack, or 12V adapter if you have the Glow Module. Below you'll find the six options provided by this new and improved module - there is nothing like this on the market anywhere! With five different functions (plus off) to choose from as well as a slider to set intensity, the drive and show possibilities are endless with this incredible option!

[B]Glow Module Functions:

Light Mode: Allows you to have the Windrestrictor lit up at any desired intensity with vehicle or running light power. It is constant and the intensity is only determined by the slider on the module.
Show Mode: This is the perfect mode for evening car shows or showing your Windrestrictor off while parked. It will not drain the car battery in any way. Intensity is determined by the slider.
Ghost Mode: No lighting while driving, but whenever the brake pedal is activated and then released, the Windrestrictor will produce a bloom in full 12V power and then fade out in a ghost effect. This patented lighting effect is a must see!
Brake Mode: The intensity while driving is determined by slider. (We recommend having the slider set to a mid level). When the brake pedal is activated, Windrestrictor lighting will kick up to FULL brightness along with your brake lights turning the Windrestrictor into a third brake light. When the brake pedal is released, intensity will go back down to the slider setting. If you set the slider to zero, no light will be present when driving, only when you brake.
Ghost PLUS Mode: While driving, the slider determines the lighting intensity. (We recommend having the slider set to a mid level.) When brakes are applied, lighting will kick up to FULL brightness with your brake lights. When the pedal is released, the ghost function allows the intensity to slowly fade all the way off, then slowly fade back to the slider setting.
OFF: Windrestrictor will produce no lighting at any time.

Extreme Lighting Kit: With our new Extreme Lighting Kit, you can choose which color you want your Wind Restrictor to light up in - no longer do you have to choose a pre-defined color. Choose from red, white, blue, pink, yellow, green or cyan any time you wish. The unit comes with a remote control that you can use to turn the lights on or off or change the color. The controller features a cool "fade" option and also a "blink" option for use at car shows or gatherings. Requires a 12V plug and can be either hardwired or used with a 12V outlet in your car for maximum flexibility.

Makes a great, custom addition to your car!

C6 Corvette Coupe Wind Restrictor Illuminated Glow Plate

PFYC.COM - Proudly Serving You For Over 20 Years! Call Us Toll Free: 866.695.PFYC (7392)
www.pfyc.com info@pfyc.com .."we're here to help"

Last edited by PFYC; 02-12-2016 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:25 PM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 174 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by PFYC
Thank you for the orders!!!

Love it.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:55 PM
PFYC

Wow LOOKING GOOD!!!!
Old 11-23-2017, 10:18 AM
PFYC

Thank you for the orders!
Old 11-24-2017, 07:14 AM
Gbrad
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you for the orders!
I see two models in your pictures, one appears straight across, the other has an indentation toward the front of the car.

Which is the current model?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2017, 12:21 PM
PFYC

Originally Posted by Gbrad
I see two models in your pictures, one appears straight across, the other has an indentation toward the front of the car.

Which is the current model?

Thanks
They are all one size and shape. The only difference is the models. And one is applied if you want to take it off and put it back on. and the other version it stays in one spot and cant be removed.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:57 PM
ontime
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 85 Posts

Is there a purpose for this thread it is not available on their site. I personally will never place any order on a site that has no inventory.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:46 AM
PFYC

Originally Posted by ontime
Is there a purpose for this thread it is not available on their site. I personally will never place any order on a site that has no inventory.
These are custom made to order and drop ship straight from the manufacture of this product
Old 04-23-2018, 08:11 PM
hydrasport
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Just tried to place an order and it only states that the item is out of stock - try back later. Will not let me place an order even if it is made to order.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:59 AM
PFYC

Originally Posted by hydrasport
Just tried to place an order and it only states that the item is out of stock - try back later. Will not let me place an order even if it is made to order.
I am not sure what is happening on your end, but these are custom made to order and take about 2 weeks to make, if you are having trouble, please give us a call and we will help you out.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:07 AM
BigB72
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Question for you . I noticed that the color changing option includes a remote and color changing module . If I already that same thing from some previous lights that I am no longer using can I use my own. What actually lights up the divider?
Old 08-16-2018, 10:17 AM
PFYC

Originally Posted by BigB72
Question for you . I noticed that the color changing option includes a remote and color changing module . If I already that same thing from some previous lights that I am no longer using can I use my own. What actually lights up the divider?
Usually, it is a better option to use what Wind Restrictor has just so if anything happens they are holding warranty with it.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:08 PM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Received 236 Likes on 178 Posts

What is the plush Lloyd trunk mat?
Do I need the battery pack?
12V adapter plug?
Illumination adjustment dimmer?

Last edited by Matthewstorm; 08-16-2018 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:21 AM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Received 236 Likes on 178 Posts

Order yours today!
Thanks for answering my questions.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:44 AM
PFYC

Originally Posted by Matthewstorm
What is the plush Lloyd trunk mat?
Do I need the battery pack?
12V adapter plug?
Illumination adjustment dimmer?
The plush Lloyd trunk mat is going to be the Ultimat, which is a little thicker mat than the factory mat.
The battery pack is only used if you are not hard wiring it into the car
The 12V is for to charge it and run it while the vehicle is on.
The dimmer should not be an option as it is discontinued.
Sorry for the late response on this.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:16 AM
PFYC

Order yours today!
Old 02-25-2019, 03:54 PM
PFYC

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Corvette Coupe Illuminated Glow Plate @ PFYC-PartsForYourCar