C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A new fob issue ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 06:29 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Default A new fob issue ...

Or at least it's new to me. I've been having trouble with the "No Fob Detected" message, so I put new batteries in last week. Today, I went to the gym and when I turned the engine off it had a DIC message that said "No Fob ... Off or Run". I could restart the engine with the button without the fob being there, and I could also get in the door without a problem. When I got home, it turned off normally. Could have been some sort of electrical interference at the gym since I was on an Army base, but it's never done that before when I went there.

Anybody else had this one? I haven't tried the second fob, but will. Could be I'll need a new fob, or need to clean the contacts or something.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:12 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,892 Likes on 1,914 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Possibly interference when you shut it off. Might have been a warning on DIC no fob detected, off or run, and you did not notice till you came back.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:58 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Likely some sort of interference. If you can open the trunk with the fob button, then it is working correctly.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:49 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by cclive
Likely some sort of interference. If you can open the trunk with the fob button, then it is working correctly.
While I was sitting in the car with the "on or off" message, I tried the trunk and it wouldn't open. But it very well could have been interference considering where I was at the time.

I took both fobs apart and made sure everything was in the right place after the recent battery change, and they both seem to work right now. Can't get them completely snapped together though!
Old 03-22-2016, 10:36 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketDawg
While I was sitting in the car with the "on or off" message, I tried the trunk and it wouldn't open. But it very well could have been interference considering where I was at the time.

I took both fobs apart and made sure everything was in the right place after the recent battery change, and they both seem to work right now. Can't get them completely snapped together though!
Wipe a little silicone spray on the gasket...makes the snapping together much easier. Test the trunk button and you're good to go.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:56 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by cclive
Wipe a little silicone spray on the gasket...makes the snapping together much easier. Test the trunk button and you're good to go.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that first thing in the morning. Beautiful weather here so I plan on taking the Vette to the golf course.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:13 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Could be the phone in your pocket, could be the fact that your fob is in your left pocket, and the battery is starting to be a little weak. Heck, it could be the fact that your fob is in your purse with the magnetic clasp. It's happened to me: don't judge.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:27 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

My 08 has showed (Off or Run) a few times..Why??...One day I walked about 20 feet away from it and put my fob down, then I went back to the car and opened the car put my foot on the brake and hit the start button and it started. I read somewhere in the manual about the 'Off or Run'.

Get notified of new replies

To A new fob issue ...

Quick Reply: A new fob issue ...