C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pic of Hollander 5348 Polished Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 02:48 PM
66nAustin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic of Hollander 5348 Polished Wheel

I'm in the finishing stages of a '66 restomod vert on a Billy Dawson Corvette Correction frame. Beautiful car, ready for shake down cruise if I can make a decision about which wheels to use and get some wheels and tires on this thing. I've pretty much decided to use a stock Vette wheel, as I'm limited to 18 x 8.5 wheel with +56 backset on all four corners. Got it narrowed down to a couple of different wheels. But yesterday, I saw a Hollander 5348 15 spoke polished wheel that was available from 2005-2012. Never seen one before. Have looked exhaustively online with no luck. Went to Corvette Invasion yesterday in Austin where there were easily over 500 vettes, but not one with 5348 option wheels. I've found a nice set for sale but am hoping to find a pic or two of the wheel on the car before going to the trouble. I feel like if they were really good looking, there would be a lot of them around. But the wheel itself looks pretty sharp. So, if you have a pic of a car with one of these wheels, you'd certainly make my day by posting it. Thanks!!
Old 07-24-2016, 03:50 PM
clearwaterms
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

I'm pretty sure that is the one, right? I don't think it was a very popular option.
The following users liked this post:
66nAustin (07-24-2016)
Old 07-24-2016, 04:19 PM
66nAustin
Intermediate

Default Yep, that's the one!

I think you're right: it must not have been very popular. I think I like it because it's one of the few polished 18 x 8.5's with +56 backset that are available for my 66 restomod. All the original corvette wheels are available in 8.5, but mostly in chrome. And the chrome looks a little 'cheap' on a car that's as nice as the 66 I'm working on. I think also that the available aftermarket chrome wheels aren't nearly as nice as the original GM wheels. But I'm faced with buying the original wheels in the $1200 range for a knock off set, or $5k and up for CCW, Budnik, Schott, etc. And I'm not sure I see that much difference. Thanks again for posting the pic. And please, everyone, feel free to weigh in with an opinion. I've been agonizing over wheel choice for 4 months.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:35 PM
clearwaterms
Drifting

do you have any details on the build? LS powered, 6spd, what generation is the suspension based on? Is the interior of the car mostly stock, or more restomod with updated gauges, fancy infotainment, etc.

Pictures please, I love restomods...
Old 07-24-2016, 06:12 PM
66nAustin
Intermediate

Default yep, details are helpful.

Billy Dawson Corvette correction frame with LS3, 4l65e tranny, american muscle gauges, modern entertainment system, one off door panels, all sitting on a modern frame with C4 suspension.
Attached Images  
Old 07-24-2016, 06:23 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,831 Likes on 1,969 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

.....I'd drive it.......
Old 07-24-2016, 06:30 PM
66nAustin
Intermediate

Default Me, Too, if I had wheels and tires

Originally Posted by Huskerman
.....I'd drive it.......
Looks good but still needs a few things to be ready, like tires/wheels!
Old 07-24-2016, 07:18 PM
66nAustin
Intermediate

Just to clarify, the wheels pictured on the car were loaners from Bill Dawson and had to be returned. Right now, the car is not drivable as it has a mis-matched set that is too large to be used for anything other than rolling it around the shop. I don't hate the ones pictured on the car, but I don't love them either. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:52 PM
clearwaterms
Drifting

Its a nice looking car for sure.
i would love to see pictures of the interior.

Did you port any of the advanced electronics like ABS, traction control, etc?
What was the condition of the car before you started?
How long did the work take?
Old 07-24-2016, 08:00 PM
66nAustin
Intermediate

Default No interior yet...

Just have old seats bolted down until we get to interior shop in a few weeks. Nothing fancy, just Retro sound radio with Bluetooth. Going back with stock white top and interior. Vintage air, good quality carpet and one off door panels and console.

Get notified of new replies

To Pic of Hollander 5348 Polished Wheel

Quick Reply: Pic of Hollander 5348 Polished Wheel