C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quickjack BL5000/BL7000?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 04:45 PM
seijack
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 128 Posts

Default Quickjack BL5000/BL7000?

Hello all!!! It looks like Santa is going to bring me a Quickjack for Christmas!! I have measured all of my cars and it looks like the BL5000 will work on my current cars however considering that my wife may purchase a small SUV down the road, I may want to consider the BL7000... Is any one using the BL7000 on their Corvette? Any issues?

TIA
The following users liked this post:
mccrosky2004 (08-22-2021)
Old 11-21-2016, 05:19 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

I have a 7000. If your Vette is lowered, you may have some clearance issues. I have a post with dimensions somewhere but if you check QuickJack's website they have all the specs. The 7000 is about 1/2" higher when fully collapsed than the 5000. My C6 is slightly lowered on stock bolts but I have no issues driving over it. I only install the lifting blocks when I'm going to lift the car. If you're stock height you should be fine. Keep in mind if you plan on using the jack on a truck/suv, you may need to purchase their extender kit that allows the truck/suv to be raised higher. That's an extra $250 I believe. I got the 7000 for the same reasoning as you. Both my wife and I have SUVs so I wanted a jack that will handle all of my vehicles and friend's and family's as well. Plus I got a good deal on the 7000.

Quickjack has a video of their 5000 holding 3x it's weight limit without failure. So I would think that you'd be fine with the 5000. But if you can spend the extra money, upgrading to the 7000 is good piece of mind.
seijack (11-21-2016)
Old 11-21-2016, 05:45 PM
corvettecolin
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Another issue to consider is the weight of them. I wanted the lighter version of the 5000 but it wasn't available at the time so bought the xl. I find them very heavy and can be difficult to manoever under the car, ok on a smooth surface. Check the specs?
seijack (11-21-2016)
Old 11-21-2016, 05:57 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettecolin
Another issue to consider is the weight of them. I wanted the lighter version of the 5000 but it wasn't available at the time so bought the xl. I find them very heavy and can be difficult to manoever under the car, ok on a smooth surface. Check the specs?
Good point. I believe the 5000 are 76lbs each and the 7000 are 91lbs each. Mine slide fine because I have a carpet in my garage but it certainly could be an issue on concrete or asphalt.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:14 PM
corvettecolin
Instructor

Originally Posted by 5knives
Good point. I believe the 5000 are 76lbs each and the 7000 are 91lbs each. Mine slide fine because I have a carpet in my garage but it certainly could be an issue on concrete or asphalt.
I have even thought about replacing the rubber feet with nylon/plastic ones that slider better.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:04 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

I'm also waiting for Santa to bring me some kind of lifting device. Any regrets with these?
Old 11-21-2016, 07:30 PM
corvettecolin
Instructor

Originally Posted by RicardoFors68
I'm also waiting for Santa to bring me some kind of lifting device. Any regrets with these?
None at all, these are a very safe and stable way of lifting cars. I have lifted my C6, C4 and Blazer with no issues.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:50 PM
seijack
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by 5knives
I have a 7000. If your Vette is lowered, you may have some clearance issues. I have a post with dimensions somewhere but if you check QuickJack's website they have all the specs. The 7000 is about 1/2" higher when fully collapsed than the 5000. My C6 is slightly lowered on stock bolts but I have no issues driving over it. I only install the lifting blocks when I'm going to lift the car. If you're stock height you should be fine. Keep in mind if you plan on using the jack on a truck/suv, you may need to purchase their extender kit that allows the truck/suv to be raised higher. That's an extra $250 I believe. I got the 7000 for the same reasoning as you. Both my wife and I have SUVs so I wanted a jack that will handle all of my vehicles and friend's and family's as well. Plus I got a good deal on the 7000.

Quickjack has a video of their 5000 holding 3x it's weight limit without failure. So I would think that you'd be fine with the 5000. But if you can spend the extra money, upgrading to the 7000 is good piece of mind.
Sounds Great, My car is not lowered....Yet..I have been checking all the videos and reviews as well as the posts that I see here on the forum it looks like a great product that I can put too good use..
Thanks for your input.

Originally Posted by corvettecolin
That sounds like a good consideration...Now I will just have to make a final decision!!
Thanks for your input.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:11 PM
royalcasa
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my lift
Attached Images  
Old 11-21-2016, 10:03 PM
Levi550
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by royalcasa
I love my lift

is that a lift, or a lower?
Old 11-22-2016, 06:54 AM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

I went with the 5000. I have side skirts and I wanted to make sure I could clear them. The unit works very well. Mine has been up on the lift for 3 weeks now without issue as I do a bunch of work.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:01 AM
vcheng
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Levi550
Obviously, he is in Australia!

On topic, I have a 7000, and it works like a charm.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:25 AM
royalcasa
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Levi550
It's a lower lift, jack
Old 12-25-2016, 08:19 AM
snomuncher
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Quickjack BL-7000SLX

I just purchased the 7000 pound model Quickjack for use on all of my vehicles, including a full-size pickup. Here's my assembly experience.

Total time from unpacking to first use was about three hours, taking my time, reading the manual, and working in the cold garage. Upon unpacking, one of the strain reliefs on the power unit was very loose so the first thing I did was tighten that. Hydraulic fluid (likely from testing) had leaked from one of the temporary plastic pump plugs that was loose so I cleaned and wiped down everything, including the internals of the motor capacitor enclosure. This power unit was already completely assembled and the hardware kit in the packaging contained four extra feet/fasteners for the power unit and two extra wheels for the frames.

It was very easy to assemble; most of the labor involves attaching Teflon tape to pipe threads and threading the quick disconnects onto the four supplied hydraulic hoses and to the pump. I found a strange mix of sizes requiring both SAE and metric wrenches to tighten the various fittings. I also needed a 3/16" hex key to remove plugs and bleed the hydraulics. Charging the air cylinders requires a compressed air source but not much air to reach 50psi. It could be done easily from a small portable compressed air tank. The instructions included a procedure for blowing any packing oil from these air cylinders but on mine there was none- they were already dry and the air fittings (containing Schrader valves) had already been installed.

I only needed to cycle the unit about three times to the mid-rise position under no load to bleed air from the hydraulic cylinders. I'd advise placing some plastic sheeting or cardboard on the floor under the bleed valves and using some rags or paper towels to catch the bleed-off fluid as you perform this process- enough will leak out to dribble and puddle on the frame and floor. I then replenished the lost fluid in the reservoir.

The flush-face quick disconnects work well; just pay attention to the orientation of the "pull-back" collar because it has a small notch in it that has to be aligned before you can disconnect the joint.

Positioning the frames under my car didn't take much effort but I did have to crawl around a bit getting them properly aligned. And I can see that this jockeying did cause a few scars in my epoxy floor coating- not much but I'd suggest that your floor be clean of debris that could get caught under the frames and cause this type of scarring.

Lift operation was smooth on both lifting and lowering but I did notice the frames (only) shift on the ground about a half-inch once relieved of the 4700 pound weight of the car, not totally unexpected as you consider the angular direction of the process and that there is still some friction between the frame and the rubber blocks as the unit continues to lower.

Relative to portability, the cover of the package shows a man carrying one ramp in each arm. That is not realistic for the 7000 pound model unless, in my view, you are built like and as strong as a football player. Each ramp is six feet long and according to FedEx the carton weight of each is 130 pounds so I estimate net weight at 125 pounds each. I could not lift, balance and carry both ramps as illustrated. The power unit weighs in at 35 pounds and has a carry handle.

Overall I see that it will meet my expectations as a complement to my four post lift as I will use it like others for tire, brake, suspension, detailing work and more.

Last edited by snomuncher; 12-25-2016 at 09:20 PM.
R_W (10-23-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Quickjack BL5000/BL7000?

Quick Reply: Quickjack BL5000/BL7000?