C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euro Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 10:32 AM
CleVette1
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Euro Tail Lights

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am Currently working on a project for my tail lights. I am trying to create a modified version on the Euro tail Lights. I have searched and Searched on for to get the ambers to operate without the brake light functioning on the ambers lights which would have all the lights on when the brake pedal is pressed. I am not to interested on buying the Euro harness or reprogramming the BCM. I found a diagram after searching and searching from a member on here that has done this mod, but the specifics are lacking in his post, and unfortunately I am awful at reading wire diagrams! If anyone has done this mod please PM me so we can talk.
Chris Bouchaya

Last edited by CleVette1; 02-10-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:44 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

I can't see how it can be done when the brake light filament and the turn signal filament in the North American bulbs is the same. The system does not differentiate between them.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:53 AM
CleVette1
Instructor

Originally Posted by cclive
I can't see how it can be done when the brake light filament and the turn signal filament in the North American bulbs is the same. The system does not differentiate between them.
That's the problem I am running into. The wire diagram I posted is from this forum where a member like 8 years ago did this mod. He wired it in a way with the 3rd brake light that they operated independently using relays and diodes and such. He didn't post how he wired it, just that diagram on the concept I think, unless I missed something he posted.

Chris
Old 02-10-2017, 11:57 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

I thought about the relays and diodes and such, but it seems to me that that approach would work if you wanted to put USA tail lights on a European car, not the other way around. I can't figure how you can split one wire into two separate functions, whereas it's simpler to combine two wires into one function...this is what you would do to add USA tail lights to a Euro car.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:13 PM
CleVette1
Instructor

Originally Posted by cclive
I thought about the relays and diodes and such, but it seems to me that that approach would work if you wanted to put USA tail lights on a European car, not the other way around. I can't figure how you can split one wire into two separate functions, whereas it's simpler to combine two wires into one function...this is what you would do to add USA tail lights to a Euro car.
i cant figured it out either haha I'm electronically challenged. I just contacted my electrical engineer buddy and he said it can be done with that diagram if I use the third brake light as switch lol.

Chris
Old 02-10-2017, 09:00 PM
Kahunah911
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

First, let me say I have not looked at the schematics for the C6 Brake/Turn Signal wiring. If it is wired as older Chevrolet models it is not that difficult to achieve.

The brake light circuit feeds through the signal light switch. That is how they are isolated for the turn signals. The CHMSL is a separate circuit. Isolate the power from the brake light switch to the turn signal switch and the tail lights will only operate via the turn signals. These circuits will now be used to illuminate the amber lenses. The brake lights will now need to be tied into the CHMSL circuit.

Again, I have not seen the C6 diagram.

Get notified of new replies

To Euro Tail Lights

Quick Reply: Euro Tail Lights