C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Parking Brake Switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 08:10 PM
chuck71l
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default C6 Parking Brake Switch

The parking brake switch looks like it might need replacing. As an example, I went to put the top up today, and the DIC said to set the parking brake. No light on the display, after a few attempts on resetting the brake, the light finally came on, allowing the top to come up. I couldn't find any how to's on replacing the switch. Can some one give me some guidance?
Old 03-01-2017, 09:24 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck71l
The parking brake switch looks like it might need replacing. As an example, I went to put the top up today, and the DIC said to set the parking brake. No light on the display, after a few attempts on resetting the brake, the light finally came on, allowing the top to come up. I couldn't find any how to's on replacing the switch. Can some one give me some guidance?
page 20 of this service manual section, it shows the steps for replacing the parking brake switch.
The switch may be out of adjustment only.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
PARKING BRAKES.pdf (787.2 KB, 244 views)
Old 03-02-2017, 06:10 PM
chuck71l
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the instructions. Would you also have a copy of the instructions for removing the passenger seat. It shouldn't be difficult, but instructions would make it go faster.

Chuck

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
page 20 of this service manual section, it shows the steps for replacing the parking brake switch.
The switch may be out of adjustment only.

Old 12-16-2021, 12:21 PM
kfede1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

I have the new handle. The switch is obviously replaceable. I will try first to adjust the existing switch once apart. Failing that, I will simply pull the switch off the new handle and replace the failed switch.

Thanks!

Last edited by kfede1; 12-16-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Parking Brake Switch

Quick Reply: C6 Parking Brake Switch