C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux nav/radio input question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 05:48 PM
Dr Bee
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Aux nav/radio input question

I've done a fair amount of looking so I'm not too embarrassed to ask this question.

Where is the Aux input for the stock navigation corvette radio (2010 Grandsport)?

In the trunk, left hide-away panel, I found an aux cord specifically installed for an iPod and on the radio it comes up as "Direct". Also visible on that screen is Aux which is different than the iPod connection. I want to insert a flash drive with a few 100 of my favorites songs but simply can't find the aux input.

Any help is appreciated.

And yes... I have read the manual. It references an aux input jack on the faceplate. Even if this applies to the standard (non-nav) radio I have looked on, under, and around my nav radio and cannot find an aux input.

Last edited by Dr Bee; 03-25-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:03 PM
1stvette94
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Bee
I've done a fair amount of looking so I'm not too embarrassed to ask this question.

Where is the Aux input for the stock navigation corvette radio (2010 Grandsport)?

In the trunk, left hide-away panel, I found an aux cord specifically installed for an iPod and on the radio it comes up as "Direct". Also visible on that screen is Aux which is different than the iPod connection. I want to insert a flash drive with a few 100 of my favorites songs but simply can't find the aux input.

Any help is appreciated.

And yes... I have read the manual. It references an aux input jack on the faceplate. Even if this applies to the standard (non-nav) radio I have looked on, under, and around my nav radio and cannot find an aux input.
Open your center console lid.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:06 PM
Dr Bee
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 1stvette94
Open your center console lid.
First place I looked, just a standard 12v car accessory charger, and that's it.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:17 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

2010 Nav doesn't have one. The Aux / USB jacks first appeared on 2011 models, in the console.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:22 PM
Dr Bee
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RicK T
2010 Nav doesn't have one. The Aux / USB jacks first appeared on 2011 models, in the console.
And that explains it...

So what does AUX refer to on the nav screen? Not sure why it's an option.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:30 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

I'm not sure either, mine didn't have factory Nav. Sorry.

You do have aftermarket options, like the GM PAL. If you're interested I can try to find some info for you to read.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:31 PM
Dr Bee
Le Mans Master

I'm not sure either, mine didn't have factory Nav. Sorry.

You do have aftermarket options, like the GM PAL. If you're interested I can try to find some info for you to read.
I am, thanks. Anything that might allow me to play music other than radio, DVD (it's a single disc), or XM which I don't like.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:54 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Here's Ray Kawal's website. He has been the audio and interior guru here for many years. You will probably find what you need within the first 4 sections unless you want to move onto the iPod stuff that follows. You can click to order near the bottom. There is nothing to worry about, Ray has a great reputation. Hope it helps.

And others who have been through what you are doing will likely chime in over the next couple days so keep watching.

http://www.kawal.net/vettemods.htm
The following users liked this post:
Dr Bee (03-25-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 07:07 PM
Dr Bee
Le Mans Master

Here's Ray Kawal's website. He has been the audio and interior guru here for many years. You will probably find what you need within the first 4 sections unless you want to move onto the iPod stuff that follows. You can click to order near the bottom. There is nothing to worry about, Ray has a great reputation. Hope it helps.

And others who have been through what you are doing will likely chime in over the next couple days so keep watching.

http://www.kawal.net/vettemods.htm

Very helpful, thanks dude
Old 03-25-2017, 08:27 PM
Rick369
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 150 Posts

I have a 2010 Grand Sport. Bought a GM PAL version 2 off a forum member last year. This is the only unit that totally integrates with your GM NAV and non-NAV radio systems in model years 2005 - 2010 and also displays your music from your iPhone or iPod in the HUD. New GM PAL units are no longer available? You will have to find a used one. You can go to the Parts For Sale section of this forum and check to see if any forum members are selling one. You want the GM PAL version 2. You can also put a "GM PAL version 2 Wanted" ad in that section. That's what I did and received a few responses.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:00 AM
Dr Bee
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Rick369
I have a 2010 Grand Sport. Bought a GM PAL version 2 off a forum member last year. This is the only unit that totally integrates with your GM NAV and non-NAV radio systems in model years 2005 - 2010 and also displays your music from your iPhone or iPod in the HUD. New GM PAL units are no longer available? You will have to find a used one. You can go to the Parts For Sale section of this forum and check to see if any forum members are selling one. You want the GM PAL version 2. You can also put a "GM PAL version 2 Wanted" ad in that section. That's what I did and received a few responses.
Thanks Rick. Will the GM Pal work with Android? Still need to do some reading.

I'm also thinking about a simple FM transmitter that includes a usb input. I think that would allow me to put a memory stick full of music into the FM transmitter and broadcast that to my radio.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Rick369
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Bee
Thanks Rick. Will the GM Pal work with Android? Still need to do some reading.

I'm also thinking about a simple FM transmitter that includes a usb input. I think that would allow me to put a memory stick full of music into the FM transmitter and broadcast that to my radio.
I don't know if the GM PAL will work with Android. I have Apple products, so that's all I ever used. Like one of the other forum members suggested, you should go to Ray Kawal's website. He is the expert and you should find all your answers there.

Last edited by Rick369; 03-26-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Aux nav/radio input question

Quick Reply: Aux nav/radio input question