C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry, Dodge Demon...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 06:33 PM
tri08sbc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Unfortunately not everyone loves all muscle cars no matter what the maker is. Sad...
The following users liked this post:
Movie Muscle (04-20-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 07:55 PM
SargeInSocal
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Meh. I'm not a racist - I love all vehicles that excel at their given task no matter the brand.

The Demon wins 1/4 mile KING hands down.

Same reason I bought my RAM 3500 dually to pull our 5th wheel - 865ftlbs of tourqe out of the box. Cummins diesel and Aisin transmission are THE towing standard.

Same reason I bought the CE Grand Sport - Best bang for the buck. Performance / Looks / Comfort = WINNER

And if I can escape CA soon enough - The dealer in my hometown will order up one on my family EP pricing deal - Putting a Demon around $74k.....

Last edited by SargeInSocal; 04-19-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:22 PM
bdenny
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sarge, if you can get a Demon for 74K good on ya.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:10 AM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by snow
...what Dodge has done is great for American muscle, the sad part is that Chevy could very well have out done them, but chose to not get into the HP wars...

...So just be happy that some one is pushing the HP envelope in a production car, may be Chevy will get the idea soon. We still know that the Vette is king...
Fear not. Chevy will surely come out with an overpriced decal-only special edition to compete.
The following 2 users liked this post by 5knives:
Movie Muscle (04-20-2017), Uncle Meat (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 11:05 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,276 Likes on 1,193 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by simplegto
...I see the Jeep as the bad idea in all this. The first few bad roll overs will bring out the "Unsafe at Any Speed" liberals and try to limit horsepower.
Not sure what you're talking about, the Jeep SRT (basis for TrackHawk) handles very well (not just "it handles well for a Jeep", but it handles very well PERIOD). I've got a '14 and love it, it's the most fun vehicle I've ever owned (even over my blown Vette). There's actually a number of people that run them at road course events. Yes, it feels a little weird the first time you pitch it into a turn hard, but it will not roll over. Personally, I see the Jeep TrackHawk as the one to get. 707HP that you can actually put to the ground in a vehicle that can be daily driven, tow 7200lbs, run a road course/autox and go off road.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:29 PM
simplegto
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 69 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Evan70
Not sure what you're talking about, the Jeep SRT (basis for TrackHawk) handles very well (not just "it handles well for a Jeep", but it handles very well PERIOD). I've got a '14 and love it, it's the most fun vehicle I've ever owned (even over my blown Vette). There's actually a number of people that run them at road course events. Yes, it feels a little weird the first time you pitch it into a turn hard, but it will not roll over. Personally, I see the Jeep TrackHawk as the one to get. 707HP that you can actually put to the ground in a vehicle that can be daily driven, tow 7200lbs, run a road course/autox and go off road.
700 hp in a sports car is a good idea, 700 hp in a nose heavy pony car not as good but 700 hp in a suv is a bad idea. Just my opinion.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:06 PM
Millenium Z06

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Landru
Except, a PU truck w/ a Copperhead V10.
Chrysler mismanaged the hell out of Viper, its doom due solely to price more than anything else.

Whatever tech Chrysler was developing should've appeared in Viper, first. Makes ownership extra special & reduction of MSRP would've put more Vipers on the road & it'd still be around.
GM does this w/ Corvette only they've an advantage having Cadillac to feature new tech, also.

Many boomers bought Dodge & Plymouth during the muscle car era. After ~'72 D/P really didn't have anything to offer anymore, totally abandoning performance in any form & those customers. OK, there was Dodge Shelby.
I was just such one, Chrysler's lame carline brought me straight to Corvette.

Can't disagree.
Just don't like the reality of it.
Lutz has to be pissed, suspect he'd another plan for Viper.
The Truck V10 and the Viper V10 didn't share one component, they are two completely separate engines
Old 04-20-2017, 04:14 PM
Millenium Z06

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts

Lol @ People claiming reliability when there's a sticky in this section about a fuel leak recall, LS7 head issues, fan harness relays melting, headlight harness relays melting ect.

Serioulsy, some of you are going to cry reliability? Lol
Old 04-20-2017, 05:17 PM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 901 Likes on 586 Posts

I give FCA kudos for building this engine. But seriously, the chassis is an obsolete piece of junk and way over weight. It's based on an old 4 door semi-luxury car. The Demon is achieving it's purpose which is to give FCA a lot of publicity. Hopefully it will generate a lot of foot traffic in the dealerships and sell some minivans.

I too wish they had kept the Viper alive but it was up for a complete redo and the low volume could not generate a successful business case. I doubt they ever made money on the Viper but it was a halo car and previous administrations had different priorities. This Demon is built on the same platform as all their other rear wheel drive V8 cars and probably cost very little to launch and gets as much or more press than a new Viper.

Car companies have always built some outrageous cars just to get press, remember the Prowler? Ridiculous but any more ridiculous than a Cyclone?

Quick Reply: Sorry, Dodge Demon...