C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 11:41 AM
KRS
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by blu_c6
After much research and type of driving and weather conditions I drive in I went with Bridgestone Potenza all season run flats. Very happy with my choice and a very quiet drive.

I am in the burbs of Chicago and looking, thanks for the info!
Old 05-23-2017, 03:21 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Just as you request helpful information, so do the people who respond to questions. There is a really wide range of types of owners on this forum. Asking or giving advice is always difficult to understand the minds and experience of those in a conversation. Short of repeating some of the basic questions, filling out more information in your profile will provide a shortcut to understanding.

With that said, welcome to the forum.

You will find owners who rarely drive and are concerned with appearance and those that drive a lot and are highly performance motivated and everything in between. Some just barely got their driver's license and others who are on the verge of losing their's to senility. Some live in places where nice weather is 40 degrees and no snow and some where 90 degrees is a cool day.

Finding where you fit in and how you intend to use your car is paramount to advising most anything, especially tires. So help us help you.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:27 PM
07MontyRed
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 215 Likes on 139 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13,'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Red08
You will also find a lot of positive comments about Firestone Firehawk rft's. Excellent tires and competitively priced.

For street tires, they are great (I would probably opt for something more aggressive for even limited track duty). They also last a reasonable amount of miles (30K or so, on the street). Have enjoyed both sets I have run on my C6.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:55 PM
blu_c6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by KRS
Are you happy with these tires? I am leaning that way for my 2009 Coupe in NW burbs of Chicago
If you are not driving out of the Chicago area then runflats may not be as important. I daily drive mine from April to November and do a few road trips where I am in the middle of no where or small towns that will not touch the car with their equipment. For these reasons I went with the run flats. Peace of mind no matter where I am driving and A/S because of weather.
The following users liked this post:
KRS (05-25-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 06:50 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

My 2008 Z51 has recently gotten the best tire I have ever driven on the Michelin PS4S, nothing else needs to be said.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:57 PM
joeking
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

I have had several different Corvettes and prefer the less expensive tires. I have an 05 Z-51 coupe and I currently have Dunlop tires on it. They ride and wear very,very good. I paid about $200 each for the rear tires and approximately $150 apiece for the front tires. The Sumitomo's and Kuhmo's are good tires too. I just cannot justify spending tons of money on Corvette tires because I do not put very many miles on my Corvettes. I only have 48,000 on this car and most tires are good for only 5 years. If you do any sort of burnouts or auto crossing I wouldn't buy a high priced set of tires. The original Goodyear tires on the car only lasted 18,000 miles. I never buy run flat tires due to the expense and my lack of ever having a catastrophic tire breakdown. I don't think a lot of people pay $1000.00 extra for a used Corvette just because it has a premium expensive set of tires on it.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:58 PM
mmorse
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

i have an 08 with z51 pkg and am in need of tires once again. the original goodyear run flats lasted all of 16k miles. then went to firestone firehawks that lasted about 26k miles. presently have kumho ecstas that are down to the wear indicators at 27k miles. the backs anyway. fronts have a thirty second left. my car is an every day driver that isn't tracked so i want decent performance but good mileage. being retired, price is a concern too. i think i will be going with hankook ventus v12 evo2 this time around. they have a better UTQG mileage rating than the kumhos with equal performance. non run flat summer tires. i live in so cal so don't have to worry about the elements.

Quick Reply: C6 Tires