C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fantastic tuner & performance shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 01:36 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Default Fantastic tuner & performance shop

I would like to share my experience with "Powertech Performance" in St. Pete, FL. I recently purchased the stage 4 heads package with all the goodies inside it from AHP (another great forum vendor) along with a BTR stage 4 cam.

I never could get it tuned to run properly even though it put down 575 RWHP on a mustang dyno. It had to much surge than I wanted and yes I know with a cam that big I will never get ALL the surge gone.

I brought my Z to Powertech Performance on Friday and Joe (the owner) spent roughly 6 hours tuning until he ran into a issue around 5:00 which is closing time for them. He couldn't get the air/fuel mixture right on WOT until he found the problem. There was a 4" by 3/4" rubber seal that was only inserted half way through the sleeve that joins the CAI to the throttle body. This was just flapping around causing a disturbance to the MAF sensor.

They generally do not work weekends but since I traveled 2 1/2 hours to get there he drove me to a near by motel and came in early Saturday morning to start over the whole tuning process. When Joe finished he picked me up at the motel showed my how great the car performed and got a lot of the surge gone and all is well. This goes way beyond customer service as far as I'm concerned and I will highly recommend Powertech Performance (a forum vendor) to everyone I know for tuning or just insane builds! Thanks again Joe for all that you have done for me.

http://www.powertechperformance.com/
Old 06-27-2017, 02:46 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Great to hear you finally found someone to get your tune all squared away. Im very glad to hear that.

Its crazy how much the tune can positively or negatively effect the drive ability of these cars.

Thank you for purchasing our heads. Very nice mustang dyno numbers!!!!

If you ever need anything don't hesitate to let us know!

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/

If anyone in Florida needs a good Tuner I would not hesitate to contact Joe at Powertech Performance

Last edited by American Heritage; 06-27-2017 at 02:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Fantastic tuner & performance shop