C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Life Expectancy of a C6 Z51 Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 05:38 PM
stoessjc
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Life Expectancy of a C6 Z51 Clutch

I have a 2008 Z51 coupe with 146,000 miles. Much of those miles are highway, but I do live in the Los Angeles area, which means a lot of stop and go traffic. I have never tracked the car and have not done burn-outs. Most of the time shifting is easy and short, taking advantage of the low rpm torque from the LS3. Engine has remained stock throughout the life of the car. I am the only owner and operator.

I know 146,000 miles is a lot for a clutch, but what are thoughts on where I might be in the life cycle of the original factory clutch?
Old 06-28-2017, 05:44 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,486 Likes on 1,948 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Well, since you don't say it's feeling mushy, or very high up on take up, I'd say you could be at somewhere betw. 50-75 of lifespan used up. Then again, that's the clutch alone. The other components that make up the clutch assembly could go at any time, throw out, master cylinder, etc.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:12 PM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
Well, since you don't say it's feeling mushy, or very high up on take up, I'd say you could be at somewhere betw. 50-75 of lifespan used up. Then again, that's the clutch alone. The other components that make up the clutch assembly could go at any time, throw out, master cylinder, etc.
So true, one of these parts will probable fail before needing the disc/pressure plate replacement.
OP, seems your easy on the clutch so far, as I find shifting mine so easy and without much slip because first gear is so low in our Z51 optioned cars....

Get notified of new replies

To Life Expectancy of a C6 Z51 Clutch

Quick Reply: Life Expectancy of a C6 Z51 Clutch