C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**** Those that are considering headlight Lens replacement ****

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 05:18 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Default **** Those that are considering headlight Lens replacement ****

Whether now or later.....

For those currently doing a lens replacement and those looking ahead to see what the job entails I have the best video for removing your lights from the car by one person and YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMOVE THE FRONT BUMPER COVER OR FENDERS. Most report about 1.5 hours on the portion of the job. This video has been available for years.

I also have my complete instructions that owners have used for the past 10 years and thousands of DIY headlight lens replacements. Plan a weekend and be patient.

Both are available on my website. No purchase is necessary. I just want to see well done and completed diy jobs.

www.c6c7vette.com

The following 4 users liked this post by RLSebring:
72greg (01-20-2021), BigBlok502 (07-27-2017), lynnt (07-27-2017), TonyFaub (07-25-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 05:31 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

I can say without doubt that if you use my instructions you will be less likely have some of the trouble and/or problems members are starting to post up about. The job is easily a 5 on a scale of 10 if you are patient and follow the instructions. If you want to do the job a different way then you'll probably have different results.

Search my username and you'll find thousands of post about the user experience with doing their headlights.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:35 PM
CadVette
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Glad you are still able to get GM replacement lenses. I would choose you over anyone else especially since your competitors use Chinese made lenses. I had the tough lens white colored adhesive. Chewed up the plastic edges prying it off with the biggest screwdriver I could find. Took eight cycles in the oven but I got it. Wrap the connectors in aluminum foil to prevent baking them to a crisp. Sanded down the rough edges afterwards and all is well.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:10 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by CadVette
Glad you are still able to get GM replacement lenses. I would choose you over anyone else especially since your competitors use Chinese made lenses. I had the tough lens white colored adhesive. Chewed up the plastic edges prying it off with the biggest screwdriver I could find. Took eight cycles in the oven but I got it. Wrap the connectors in aluminum foil to prevent baking them to a crisp. Sanded down the rough edges afterwards and all is well.
Good to hear you got them done. Some of these lights can be tough.

Couple of clarifications though, Mine are not Genuine GM lens but a better aftermarket lens. I spent a lot of time and money making sure I had a better product than stock lens.

Get notified of new replies

To **** Those that are considering headlight Lens replacement ****

Quick Reply: **** Those that are considering headlight Lens replacement ****