C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a California corvette - any issues on emissions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 02:22 PM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,743 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
I lived in Southern Ca. when his father, Edmund "Pat" Brown was Governor, and when Moonbeam was first elected. They both are big gov, high taxes, the-state-will-take-care-of-you Governors. California has the most uninformed, pie-in-the-sky suckers for an electorate. They have destroyed what was once the most beautiful state in the nation, by a long margin. I don't know how sensible people like you remain in the state.

Everyday, justifying the cost of staying here because of the weather becomes more and more difficult.

I'm stunned that there's been so little national attention on the embarrassment of the homeless problem we have here. If moonbeam and his cronies (as well as Pelosi and the rest of the liberals) were so "correct" in approach, why is the homeless problem out of control?

Not so funny story....a few weeks back, in the OC they had to agree (as a result of a lawsuit) to pay for hotel rooms for the homeless because the OC was removing homeless encampments. Gee guess what....now more homeless are showing up. It's a national tragedy and it's directly a result of the liberal policies. Other states have nice weather so they need to quit blaming the influx on that.

This will get moved to PR&C

Hopefully a year ago the OP was able to get his car.

Last edited by 96GS#007; 02-23-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:48 PM
danzio56
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by BlindSpot
It sounds like the car is already out of CA? You don't have to go there to pick it up? If you do, you should hurry if you really want the car.

Reports are Californians will possibly get to vote on cessation from the Union in 2018. If that's the case, then you'll have to pay export/import taxes on the car along with every other tax.
Or I could just bring it to you on my way outta' here. Won't be long now, and between my wife and myself we have a combined 128 years here. But we've both had enuff of this crap and will be soon making our Exodus. These effin libs have effed up this beautiful state to the point where if you're a conservative, you simply can't live here any longer. Sorry for the rant.....I'm out.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:38 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

[QUOTE=Welker1;1595269141]You shouldn't have any issues; most cars built (for US sales) in the last decade or so are built to meet California emissions off the factor line.[/QUO1TE]

If its gpod in California.....its good anywhere

Clif
Old 02-23-2018, 06:48 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 655 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
Talk is cheap, but it will never happen. How could a state that is virtually bankrupt, survives only by taxing wage earners ever more and more, and is absorbing 300,000 illegals, with no skills nor earning power, survive without the Feds?
California pays more in federal taxes than it receives in federal expenditure. It is a net donor to the federal government.

Regardless, there is no serious cessation movement. You guys are being played.

Quick Reply: Buying a California corvette - any issues on emissions?