C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sticking DIC Controls

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 08:37 PM
bikingles
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sticking DIC Controls

It seems that some of the DIC controls on my 06 vert stick sometimes. I have to pull out by hand or continue to push until they pop out. Would appreciate any suggestions on how to alleviate this issue. It's not a big deal but it does get annoying.

Last edited by bikingles; 08-13-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:29 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Pull the bezel, pull the buttons and boards off the bezel via the back screws and clean them of the soda that someone got on the buttons to cause the problem in the first place.

Bezel is out at the 1;40 mark.

Pods removed from the bezel, then apart to clean them.

Also to point out, if any of the bulbs are burnt out and need to be replaced, where is the new bulbs part number from radio shack you will need to solder in new replacement bulbs.

Last edited by Dano523; 08-13-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:00 AM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

New ones are about $40 each if I remember right if you want to to replace them.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:15 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Why replace????

you still have to pull the bezel, then unscrew the bolts to pull the pods out of the Bezel either way,

Once you have it this far, then takes about a min to pull the pods apart to get the rubber front piece and boards out of them, then to just run all the parts except the circuit board under running tap water to flush the soda that was spilled on them away, a quick dry, and put the pods back together.

Hell, if the circuit board contacts need a quick cleaning, than that only take a second with some spray contact electrical cleaner instead.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:19 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

2008 base...I had the same problem a few years ago so I got a can of electronic cleaner and a can of compresed air for cleaning my key board.I cleaned them without removing them and no problems since.I do blow out any dust with the canned air once in awhile,for some reason my gets a lot of dust inside?.....Only took about five minutes...Good Luck
Old 08-15-2017, 09:10 PM
bikingles
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
2008 base...I had the same problem a few years ago so I got a can of electronic cleaner and a can of compresed air for cleaning my key board.I cleaned them without removing them and no problems since.I do blow out any dust with the canned air once in awhile,for some reason my gets a lot of dust inside?.....Only took about five minutes...Good Luck

Thanks this seems like a lot easier then pulling the entire dash. I'm not the most handy when it comes to these jobs
Old 08-15-2017, 09:16 PM
bikingles
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dano523
Pull the bezel, pull the buttons and boards off the bezel via the back screws and clean them of the soda that someone got on the buttons to cause the problem in the first place.

Bezel is out at the 1;40 mark.
https://youtu.be/umBo8Q3PF6A

grade.

Pods removed from the bezel, then apart to clean them.

Also to point out, if any of the bulbs are burnt out and need to be replaced, where is the new bulbs part number from radio shack you will need to solder in new replacement bulbs.
Thanks for your reply and advice. It looks like I would have to pull the dash to get to the bezel I'm not the handiest person and probably above my pay grade. I will try blowing out with compressed air as another member suggested.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:22 PM
SilverC54me
Melting Slicks

Received 411 Likes on 333 Posts

If you want help with this, I am in the OC and have done many C5's and my C6. Not that much has to come out to remove the button pod.

PM me if interested.

Gary
Old 08-16-2017, 11:49 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by bikingles
Thanks this seems like a lot easier then pulling the entire dash. I'm not the most handy when it comes to these jobs
For sure!

Get notified of new replies

To Sticking DIC Controls

Quick Reply: Sticking DIC Controls