C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

auto trans jerks a bit goin from 1st to 2nd gear with slow speeds

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 01:28 PM
veyastar
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto trans jerks a bit goin from 1st to 2nd gear with slow speeds

this only happens if im at a red light and once it turns green and if I slowly accelerate theres a bit of a jerk going from 1st to 2nd, but if I accelerate normally its fine. is it normal?

Last edited by veyastar; 08-26-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:34 PM
montman
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by veyastar
this only happens if im at a red light and once it turns green and if I slowly accelerate theres a bit of a jerk going from 1st to 2nd, but if I accelerate normally its fine. is it normal?
I think mine does this sometimes. Do you have any modifications like a tune?
Old 08-26-2017, 07:54 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 141 Posts

Sounds like the infamous shift flare. There was a GM memo released about it (PIP-4395). GM replaces a seal in the transmission pump to supposedly fix it. Some say that if you put the trans in the relearn mode with a Tech2 that it will fix if for a while, but it may come back.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ip-4395-a.html

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
Some customers may comment on a flare or harsh 2-3 shift.

Recommendation/Instructions:
This condition may be caused by leaking 1-2-3-4 and 3-5-R clutch fluid seal rings (230). The following conditions are indications that the fluid seal rings may be leaking:

• Delayed/extended or delayed with harsh feel initial Park to Drive and/or Reverse to Drive shifts, that are more likely to occur when the transmission temperature is below approximately 40 degree C (104 degree F).

• Harsh or flaring 2-3 shifts that are more likely to occur when the transmission fluid temperature is in the approximately 0 degree C (32 degree F) to 40 degree C (104 degree F) temperature range, but can be present at any temperature.

• Harsh 2-3 shifts that are more likely to occur at less than 50% tp.

Vehicles built in the January through August, 2007 time frame are more likely to have leaking fluid seal rings

Important: When inspecting the 1-2-3-4 and 3-5-R clutch fluid seal rings (230) there probably will not be visible signs that the seal rings are damaged.

If any of the conditions above describe the flare/harsh 2-3 shift condition replace the 1-2-3-4 and 3-5-R clutch fluid seal rings (230), DO NOT replace the valve body or TCM.

Last edited by CSixDude; 08-26-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To auto trans jerks a bit goin from 1st to 2nd gear with slow speeds

Quick Reply: auto trans jerks a bit goin from 1st to 2nd gear with slow speeds