C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

year 'round car cover?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 07:08 AM
trogdor
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default year 'round car cover?

hey i have a C6 vert that i daily drive and sometimes here in DFW it gets cold enough for the car windows to freeze up and not let you in the car.

is there a car cover that i can use so when i come out of work my car is not frozen shut?

thankyou in advance
Old 09-23-2017, 09:22 AM
J3TVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 405 Likes on 290 Posts

The only thing that would scare me from using a car cover is all of the scratches that the car would develop leaving a car cover on with the accumulated dirt particles. I think you would have fine scratches all over the car. Just something to think about.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:46 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

I use a Typhoon outdoor cover custom fit for my 07Z. Fits well and I use it all year long.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by trogdor
hey i have a C6 vert that i daily drive and sometimes here in DFW it gets cold enough for the car windows to freeze up and not let you in the car.

is there a car cover that i can use so when i come out of work my car is not frozen shut?

thankyou in advance

I purchased this outdoor cover made by SoftShield last year and it fits well, is water proof and has a thick plush flannel liner. It also breathes even though its water proof. The price was just under $200. The only downside it has is that it's bulky when rolled up into its storage bag so its not suitable to take on a trip.

Last edited by Icecap; 09-23-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:57 PM
trogdor
Melting Slicks

thankyou for the review...

i saw the softshield one when i did an online search so i feel better about ordering it.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:07 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

I have a few Covercraft covers that I really like, but I would be careful using a cover on a vert top in frosty conditions. It might not be an issue, but it would worry me.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:27 PM
trogdor
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Patsgarage
I have a few Covercraft covers that I really like, but I would be careful using a cover on a vert top in frosty conditions. It might not be an issue, but it would worry me.

i see your point... but that fabric is no joke... it's thick and its on there nice and tight (giggity) so im sure there wont be a problem... less of a problem than me getting off work in the morning and not being able to get in my car LOL

Get notified of new replies

To year 'round car cover?

Quick Reply: year 'round car cover?