C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feckin a$$holes!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 03:22 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Welker1
Unfortunately, parking way out can often 'invite' more trouble then if you had parked amongst the masses. There will always be those few a-holes that are of the mind 'so they think they (those that park way out) are special/better then the rest' and do something to your car or those that think it's funny do as what was done to your car ... especially when you park in places like Walmart.
Originally Posted by EVRose
Mix in with everyone else and you'll most likely never have a problem.

Don't let fear over-run your life. It's just a car and you've had others before and you'll have others in the future. You have a lot more exposure to damage by people driving and texting.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:38 PM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

If you take in account the clientele of Walmart, you would come to the same conclusion as I did. I don't shop and Walmart. And if I did, I wouldn't drive a car I care about.

I once had to go to a Walmart, which was in a large strip mall. I parked a vehicle that wasn't my Corvette in an area of the mall lot that wasn't crowded with Walmart shoppers and didn't have stores with shopping carts. I then walked to Walmart.

I've never seen anything in that store that I couldn't get elsewhere for about the same price. They are the only store in many miles where I can get ammo at a good price, and in stock. That's the only reason I ever go there.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:51 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Oh well! No harm no foul.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:31 PM
Johnathon59
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Walmart is a very strange place with some very odd shoppers.. I have watched youtube videos on people that shop at Walmart ...enough said...I don't take my car to Walmart period !!
Old 10-25-2017, 06:25 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

For reasons that do not matter, I take my car to Wal-Mart at least 3-4 times each week. I have parked all over...last spot next to a curb, large spot NEXT to the cart return, in between any two cars, etc. My Wal-Mart has VERY wide parking spaces, and I have never had a problem, never had anyone park too close, or leave a cart nearby.

I might be tempting fate. But, it is a car, a car I truly enjoy, but not something I am going to plan any part of my life around where it is parked.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:42 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy_in_MD
Two things....

#1. I love the title of your post. It reminds me of the villain from a movie called "Johnny Dangerously" who used to refer to everyone as a "fargin icehole".

#2. I'm torn about parking situations. Parking amongst the masses can have a "hiding in plain sight" effect....but some people fling their doors open as wide as possible with no regard for anyone or anything else. Far out parking can attract unwanted attention, but I've found that most people who would purposely damage a car are also lazy and might not take the time and effort to walk out to your car.

Either way, be careful when confronting people now days. People are crazy and many are armed. Not a good combination.
Fargin bastages

Clif
The following users liked this post:
Randy_in_MD (10-25-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 06:50 PM
Randy_in_MD
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by z06clif
Fargin bastages

Clif

YES!!! You are right. It was fargin bastages and simonobeechin iceholes.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:51 PM
Exact1
Burning Brakes

Received 184 Likes on 114 Posts

Take your receipt into Walmart. Go to customer service and have them alert security. Have them pull the parking lot video tape that has your checkout time stamped on it. Have them rewind the tape until they spot the culprit. They can then find his vehicle and license plate. Have them contact aurhorities. File a complaint against culprit and bill him for having your car completely checked over by a GM dealership. Hurt him in his wallet.

Ask how I know..........
Old 10-25-2017, 07:02 PM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by Exact1
Take your receipt into Walmart. Go to customer service and have them alert security. Have them pull the parking lot video tape that has your checkout time stamped on it. Have them rewind the tape until they spot the culprit. They can then find his vehicle and license plate. Have them contact aurhorities. File a complaint against culprit and bill him for having your car completely checked over by a GM dealership. Hurt him in his wallet.

Ask how I know..........
You can bet I would have immediately been in the store asking for the tape if there had been damage. There was no damage so I let it go, with the exception of this rant thread. 😁
Old 10-25-2017, 07:19 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,714 Likes on 2,999 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by dhpeck
Sorry to hear! Don't shop at Walmart with the Vette!
or K Mart, or the grocery store, or......
Old 10-25-2017, 07:31 PM
BadAV
Race Director

Originally Posted by 449er
or K Mart, or the grocery store, or......
I bought it to drive it and that is what I will continue to do. I will try to be careful where I park but I won't be held hostage worrying about it in the parking lot when I am in a store.

One thing I will never do is valet park it unless I have my HPTuners and flash it to a 5 mph speed limit before I allow them into the car. 🤣
Old 10-25-2017, 08:46 PM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 193 Posts

Last time I went to WalMart I parked in an adjoining lot, it was a lot for an Applebees and they weren't open yet so I figured I was safe. It was a hot day so I parked under a tree figuring the car would stay a little cooler. I came out and took the long walk back to the car, no carts around so I figured I was good. Got to the car and there was this big-**** blackbird in the tree cawing away at me, it had crapped all over my car. Some days you just can't win, LOL!
Old 10-25-2017, 08:48 PM
MCR.44
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My last insurance agent would only cover a vette if you agreed to "NEVER drive to the store" Too many claims because of people who drive a piece of ****, and think your ride should match
Old 10-25-2017, 09:15 PM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

You lost me when you said Walmart.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:41 PM
Chris J
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpeck
Sorry to hear! Don't shop at Walmart with the Vette!
The Vette never goes to Walmart
Old 10-25-2017, 11:04 PM
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Surprisingly I've never had this issue come up but I am sure one day it will. you get a few people that see a nice car and get jealous so they do stupid things or teenagers that dare/bet one another to do something.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:24 PM
Dr Bee
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy_in_MD
Damnit. Now I have to buy a "Walmart run" car.
I've said this a few times and have suffered the wrath of other vetters: Most people who can afford a corvette can afford a "cash car" for errands. I have a used Wrangler for walmart runs..... the idea of leaving my vette in a walmart parking lot for more than 90 seconds causes stress pains in my jaw muscles.

Bottom line, doesn't matter where you park, the ******** will eventually find you.
The following users liked this post:
Randy_in_MD (10-26-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Feckin a$$holes!!!!

Old 10-25-2017, 11:55 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by Exact1

Ask how I know..........
You imply that you had a similar situation. I doubt it though. You will not be on a WM video, unless you were parked very close to the front of Wal-Mart, or live in an extremely high crime area. Wal-Mart does not video their entire parking lot. If you park out more than about 10 spaces, you are not on camera, except as mentioned above. And, YOU cannot tell them to "rewind the video". Most companies, WM included, will NOT give you video access unless you are LEO, or have a court order. Yes, they may make exceptions, but not for a cart sitting against a car WHEN THERE WAS NO DAMAGE.

Last edited by buckmeister2; 10-25-2017 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:55 AM
Twayneo1
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I wish it was legal to mount airsoft barrels in areas of the car and if people got to close the car would automatically unload on them, only in a dream world i guess.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:40 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dr Bee
I've said this a few times and have suffered the wrath of other vetters: Most people who can afford a corvette can afford a "cash car" for errands. I have a used Wrangler for walmart runs..... the idea of leaving my vette in a walmart parking lot for more than 90 seconds causes stress pains in my jaw muscles.

Bottom line, doesn't matter where you park, the ******** will eventually find you.
I agree with you regarding the a$$holes. My other vehicle is a 2015 F-150 Lariat Supercrew. I would be just as upset if it gets damaged versus the Vette. As I stated, I will not limit where I take my vehicles, and will not worry about it while I am shopping. I will try to pick prudent parking spaces and leave it at that. When my number is up, it is up; I can't control that and despite wanting to keep my vehicles nice, they are a depreciating asset.

Quick Reply: Feckin a$$holes!!!!