C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feckin a$$holes!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 02:09 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by 080808
I usually park about 4 or 5 spaces past the last car or so, usually in a spot that's not too convenient. I try to make it look like the place was busy, but people around me have left. That way I'm by myself but not enough so that it attracts the "farging iceholes" in the world. I've found if you park a nice car way out by itself you're just openly advertising and asking for trouble.

It's truly sad that there are people in the world like this.
^ I've found parking in-between two cars that also don't want dings works well. A spot between an M3 and a Merc GL450 is a pretty safe bet.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:59 PM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAV
I have been parking like this for many years with all of my vehicles, not just the Vette, and have never had any issues before. I will continue to do so; I realize the eventuality that my number will likely be up some day.

Maybe the wife's parking methods will take care of my number, though. She will drive around in the parking lot for 15 minutes to get a close parking space, and squeeze between 2 junkers, for the privilege of getting their car doors opened into hers and ending up with door dings.
As to the OP, I always park way out with anything i'm driving other than a bike.

I find it hilarious that, at my gym, folks will jockey and wait long times for a close in space only to enter the gym and then do an hour on a treadmill.
The following users liked this post:
Randy_in_MD (10-28-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 03:17 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by ibgolfr
Unfortunately I fear this situation reflects poorly on how others today respect both themselves and especially their fellow mortals. In addition to the Vette, I have a new Taurus for the wife. I drove it on day to the Post Office, parked and left her sitting in it. When I came back she was fuming. A young lady had parked next to the car--passenger side and slammed her door into the rear side, causing a small dent over the wheel. When confronted about her actions, her reply was, I was in a hurry I guess and didn't pay any attention to what i was doing--sorry. It is all about me don't you know--would have been a better answer.
YUP.....cept the reflection is on just how people respect themselves and no body else. This rash of "ME...ME...ME" has been going on for quite a few years now and unfortunately it's only gonna get worse. What amazes's me is that these people like the one that banged your Taurus actually have a cow when they are approached about their F-UP. It's like..."Oh, i hit your car....how dare you approach and question me for my F-UP".....
Old 10-28-2017, 05:16 PM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports
^ I've found parking in-between two cars that also don't want dings works well. A spot between an M3 and a Merc GL450 is a pretty safe bet.
Except that you are not too likely to find those 2 cars parked close together in a Walmart parking lot! 🤣 At least not in middle class, vanilla central MO.

Last edited by BadAV; 10-28-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:51 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Big, wide, close parking spaces but I wouldn't wish the need for a handicapped parking placard for anyone. My mother and father-in-law both have and need them.
I used the temporary card my wife had used after foot surgery until it expired, but only when I went to the mountain hiking trail. It was a stupid, but legally required, place to have 3 never used handicap parking spots so you could hike up 460' feet on a 2.6 mile rocky trail.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:08 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Old 10-29-2017, 02:06 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Except that you are not too likely to find those 2 cars parked close together in a Walmart parking lot! 🤣 At least not in middle class, vanilla central MO.
Haha true. I forget that Collin County Is one of the top 5 per capita incomes in Texas, it’s not Greenwich but there are a LOT of bmw, merc, and high trim level domestics.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:44 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,761 Likes on 3,177 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRose
Mix in with everyone else and you'll most likely never have a problem.
You were saying?
Old 10-31-2017, 07:48 PM
S.C. vette
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 258 Posts

.... exactly the reason I don’t take my vette anywhere close to a parking lot unless I’m standing guard next to it
Old 11-01-2017, 10:41 AM
ibgolfr
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S.C. vette
.... exactly the reason I don’t take my vette anywhere close to a parking lot unless I’m standing guard next to it
Sometimes I worry at car shows when parents drag along their little tots and don't pay any attention--the new generation--as to what they hell they are doing. It gets to the point these days that you would prefer to just leave it in the garage.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:25 PM
gilbybarr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,888 Likes on 795 Posts

I actually look at the grade/slant of the lot when I park....I park away from the herd and try to avoid a "downhill" spot where the runaway shopping cart can hit you.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:40 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 898 Likes on 687 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH

Don't let fear over-run your life. It's just a car and you've had others before and you'll have others in the future. You have a lot more exposure to damage by people driving and texting.
Pretty much.. I park as close as I can get to where I am going.. I have never understood why people get so upset over things so trivial. Don't run errands in the car if you car about door dings and such. At the end of the day, it really is just a car. There's nothing you can do about it if you put yourself in the situation to begin with.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:49 PM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Pretty much.. I park as close as I can get to where I am going.. I have never understood why people get so upset over things so trivial. Don't run errands in the car if you car about door dings and such. At the end of the day, it really is just a car. There's nothing you can do about it if you put yourself in the situation to begin with.
I don't run errands in my Corvette. I have several other vehicles, including a F-150 to shop and run errands. My Corvette and motorcycles are just for pleasure. At least that's what it says on my insurance policy.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:57 PM
BadAV
Race Director

All of my toys are for pleasure since I retired. And yes, as I stated, it is just a car and I drive it. Doesn't mean I don't care if it gets dinged up. People should show a little respect for other people's property but I guess if they don't give a crap about their own stuff they surely don't care about mine.
The following users liked this post:
SLOjoe (11-04-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 08:03 PM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by ByRiver
I don't run errands in my Corvette. I have several other vehicles, including a F-150 to shop and run errands. My Corvette and motorcycles are just for pleasure. At least that's what it says on my insurance policy.
You said it! Have a 2001 and a 2010 and unless it is an extreme emergency would never do shopping errands in either. Why invite something to happen. Don't even understand why someone would be going shopping in a vett.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:27 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Maybe because it's a car, and they were made to take you places, including shopping. It's not like we are driving a Bentley or a Ferrari.......

Last edited by BadAV; 11-02-2017 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:46 AM
10thumper
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MCR.44
My last insurance agent would only cover a vette if you agreed to "NEVER drive to the store" Too many claims because of people who drive a piece of ****, and think your ride should match
Uh huh, sure buddy. What’s your agent’s contact info?

Get notified of new replies

To Feckin a$$holes!!!!

Old 11-02-2017, 07:07 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,368 Likes on 907 Posts

Maybe because it's a car, and they were made to take you places, including shopping. It's not like we are driving a Bentley or a Ferrari.......
This is the best comment yet.

C6s are about to become two generations old. A 2013 is about to turn 5 years old; an 05 13 years old. Realize this is an enthusiast's forum, but come on, these are high production cars that sell in the range of many common cars today. A Ford Raptor is more than a C7 base.

Given the window sticker price on my C6 and a Bentley Continental GT in the same year, I could have bought 3 brand new C6s and a spare Mini Cooper or Kia to handle groceries.....

Last edited by BlindSpot; 11-02-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:26 AM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Well if you do you have no reason to whine if it gets hit or dinged
Old 11-02-2017, 08:43 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Originally Posted by WKM
Well if you do you have no reason to whine if it gets hit or dinged
WRONG! People should respect other people's property. I don't open my car door into someone else's $100 hooptie, let alone someone's nice car, because I was raised right and am a responsible person. As I have stated several times in this thread, I will not be held hostage worrying about my car in the parking lot. I will park in such a way that if someone damages my car, it was because THEY DID IT ON PURPOSE just like the a$$hole that put the cart on my fender.

THEY, the jealous a$$holes, are the ones with a problem - not me. And I will complain when it happens, and wish I caught the responsible party in the act so I could make them feel the pain by making them have to pay for the damage. Maybe they would then be a little more careful in the future.
The following 4 users liked this post by BadAV:
BlindSpot (11-02-2017), Corvette_Ed (11-02-2017), ibgolfr (11-02-2017), owc6 (11-02-2017)

Quick Reply: Feckin a$$holes!!!!