C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Must sell 012 gs ce

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 02:41 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,887 Likes on 1,910 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Sorry to hear of your health problems. Hoping you get better soon.

Should be no problem selling your car. Might have better luck next spring though.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:45 PM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 193 Posts

Sorry for your health issues Billy, we all get there sooner or later, hope it all works out for you. Do you have your car listed anywhere? I'd like to see a little more info about it, I've been "kinda" looking for a 2010-2013 GS to replace my '05...thank you and all the best!
Old 11-16-2017, 02:47 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Cars come and go, but you only live once. That you are home and able to use the keyboard, is a good thing.
I assume the rest of you has recovered equally as well. Take some time to think about what you want to do and are capable of, before making big decisions. Just don't let Bruze give you any crap though.

Hoxxy states it all right here Billy...............

cars can come and go fairly easily, not so much people........

best of luck with your health and selling that gorgeous car......

doesn't mean you have to stop visiting here either.........
Old 11-16-2017, 02:58 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Sorry to hear about your illness. Hope your recovery goes well. You should not have any issue selling your GS. Wish hou the best!

Last edited by Vet Interested; 11-16-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:59 PM
Fly N Low
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by billyboy47
Did it have the clear bra and both tops?
No clear bra. I think only painted top.

Also it was from a dealer so that inflates the price a little. But my point was I think your car is well worth what u r asking.

Last edited by Fly N Low; 11-16-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:07 PM
Texan79423
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 138 Posts

Best of luck to you and yours. After a adventure like this we begin to enjoy more little things than we did before.

I bought my corvette because I know my time is not far off so I want to really enjoy the time I have, today.

My father in law lived in a small town with not much traffic. At ninety he still drove to town for coffee with the boys every morning. One morning he called me said he ran out of gas. I got there and jokingly suggested he check his fuel gauge each morning from now own.

He replied hell I have not been able to see the gauge in two years! My wife said we have to take his car away. I replied good luck with that as he might just whip you butt if you try.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:13 PM
Welker1
Melting Slicks

Received 555 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Cars come and go, but you only live once. That you are home and able to use the keyboard, is a good thing.
I assume the rest of you has recovered equally as well. Take some time to think about what you want to do and are capable of, before making big decisions. Just don't let Bruze give you any crap though.
Couldn't have put it any better
Old 11-16-2017, 03:17 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Billy, very sorry to hear the news about your health. All the good wishes from me start w. the good words of HOX, and on down the thread. Applause to you for being concerned about others as well as yourself.

If you're really certain there's just not going to be a time when you will drive the car, then I'd say the price is fair enough. "RobLo" may be interested and he's not too far away, and is a CF member. Kinda keeps it in the grouperoni.

Take good care of yourself. Continue to share the knowledge with us. And with Bruze.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:19 PM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,674 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Originally Posted by billyboy47
That bum gets up at 2:30? Retired like him and I get up 8 in the morning,
In my wildest dreams I wish I could sleep until 8! I can't ever sleep past 5:30; I am typically up between 4:45 and 5. I am unfortunately following in my father's footsteps in this regard.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:22 PM
hey32g
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAV
His car is a Centennial edition; it carried a $5k sticker price premium over a comparably equipped car.
Honestly, and I'm not trying to be a smart A, but that would not have mattered to me one bit. All I cared about was mileage and condition, plus a couple of other must/must not haves. It seems to me, and I may be wrong, and if I am, I'm very confident it will be pointed out to me, but it seems that in the used car market all these special editions only matter to some aficionados. I view them as marketing gimmicks.

Why do I feel I'm going to get flamed here!?!!?

Last edited by hey32g; 11-16-2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:29 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by hey32g
Honestly, and I'm not trying to be a smart A, but that would not have mattered to me one bit. All I cared about was mileage and condition, plus a couple of other must/must not haves. It seems to me, and I may be wrong, and if I am, I'm very confident it will be pointed out to me, but it seems that in the used car market all these special editions only matter to some aficionados. I view them as marketing gimmicks.

...about the marketing gimmicks. Anything to get people interested and BUY cars! I will share the heat with ya! But this particular car sounds nice.

Last edited by Vet Interested; 11-16-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:32 PM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Well if you look like your avatar, I want let anybody burn you to bad

Last edited by WKM; 11-16-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:38 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by RobLo
Sorry for your health issues Billy, we all get there sooner or later, hope it all works out for you. Do you have your car listed anywhere? I'd like to see a little more info about it, I've been "kinda" looking for a 2010-2013 GS to replace my '05...thank you and all the best!
3LT, A6, NPP, 2 tops with the clear bra and as stated above, 7500 on the clock. Chrome wheels were an extra option priced at $2000. MRCS also. Meant 2 tops and clear bra.

Last edited by billyboy47; 11-16-2017 at 03:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RobLo (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 03:39 PM
hey32g
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Vet Interested
...about the marketing gimmicks. Anything to get people interested and BUY cars! I will share the heat with ya! But this particular car sounds nice.
I agree. It sounds like a very nice car.

Originally Posted by WKM
Well if you look like your avatar, I want let anybody burn you to bad
If I looked like my avatar I'd never leave the house!
Old 11-16-2017, 04:25 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Received 522 Likes on 370 Posts

The motto me and my buddies always used when buying a used car was "we won't pay more for less only pay less for more" meaning miles. I never liked to pay more just for the fact the owner refused to drive the car, that's his loss.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:38 PM
bill gsport
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm the same age as you and suffered a mini stroke this past Memorial Day....in the hospital for a day and a half...doctor said I've had quite a few, but I didn't know it. (God's little wake-up call...we're not immortal or bullet-proof!). The neurologist said it caused a bleed that put pressure on the portion of my brain that controls balance and vision (had some poor focus and double vision). He said it would correct itself within a relatively short time. My first thought was just like yours...not confident in my abilities, bracing myself for another stroke, potential lack of coordination, etc., etc. Long story short, most everything was back to normal within 3-4 weeks, and no permanent impairment. However doctor said to take things slow for a little while, so I cooled it and backed down to "part throttle" for the summer. Had long talk with doctor and wife...mini strokes are not uncommon as we get older, many go unnoticed, most have no lasting effects. I'm still enjoying the GS, wife's glad I didn't sell. Now more aware of symptoms and getting on with life. A little food for thought, Billy. This is just my story. Everyone's different, so do what's best for you.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:49 PM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,674 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Special carbon-flash metallic paint, stripes, and wheels. Also a limited quantity made. It's not rare by any means, but it should still command a premium over a "normal" Vette. Like you, many people would not pay extra but there are plenty who would for a rather unique, great looking factory OEM limited production car. From my observations the Centennials appear to be cars people specifically look for; I am not saying this just because I own one.

Get notified of new replies

To Must sell 012 gs ce

Old 11-16-2017, 05:55 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,887 Likes on 1,910 Posts

While most limited C6s were just decal pkgs the Centennial was not. Look it up.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:57 PM
69 L46 4 Speed
Drifting

Received 452 Likes on 276 Posts

Speedy recovery and the best of luck with whatever decision you make. If you do sell your GS, don't abandon us here!!
Old 11-16-2017, 06:10 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts

The price sounds about right but sorry to hear about your health issues.

Quick Reply: Must sell 012 gs ce