C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How good are neoprene seat cover?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 11:41 PM
LV Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default How good are neoprene seat cover?

I’m thinking of getting some neoprene seat covers to protect my Vette seats, particularly the bolsters on the sides of the drivers seat. Are they comfortable, do a good job of protecting the seats do the make it more difficult to enter or exit the car?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Old 11-21-2017, 12:46 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,019 Likes on 2,175 Posts

The leather seats are bad enough to hold you in place so your not sliding all over the place, and when you put covers on the leather seats, end up just sliding more around in the seats isntead.

If at some point you need to replace the leather seat covers, plenty of walk through doing such, and the replacement covers are not that much as well.

Truth is, your going to be into the seat in no time anyways, since the foam on the seats is not the best to begin with. Hence you will not only adding some more foam to the seat bolsters (and maybe replacing the seat foam at the same time), but installing a jute pad so the wires under the seat are not cutting into the foam as well.

Last edited by Dano523; 11-21-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:44 AM
LV Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Dano523
The leather seats are bad enough to hold you in place so your not sliding all over the place, and when you put covers on the leather seats, end up just sliding more around in the seats isntead.

If at some point you need to replace the leather seat covers, plenty of walk through doing such, and the replacement covers are not that much as well.

Truth is, your going to be into the seat in no time anyways, since the foam on the seats is not the best to begin with. Hence you will not only adding some more foam to the seat bolsters (and maybe replacing the seat foam at the same time), but installing a jute pad so the wires under the seat are not cutting into the foam as well.
Not to sound too stupid, but what a jute pad? Also, I don’t think the wear that is just starting to show, is from the seats wires, but from my old body sliding over them. On my prior Vette, a 99 C5, I replaced the seat covers with nice aftermarket ones, that was of much better quality, and they didn’t show any wear after two years. So, maybe the way to go, is wait until I think they are too worn, and get new replacements and better padding. What say you?
Old 11-24-2017, 06:29 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,019 Likes on 2,175 Posts

The short version is the seat pad foam beaks down quickly, so you start with a new seat foam that will last longer than the OEM, add in addition foam to help the side boosters on the seat to keep you centered on the seat, then the Jute pad so the wires will not cut into the new seat pad as well.
The following users liked this post:
wideglideleon (01-30-2020)
Old 11-24-2017, 06:35 PM
airmed2
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 190 Posts

This is what I have....they work great, and protect the areas that often receive the most wear and tear.

https://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corv...iABEgJg2vD_BwE
Old 11-24-2017, 06:37 PM
airmed2
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 190 Posts

Before adding these, I rebuilt my seat bottom foam on both seats as Dano523 explained. I now have the support I need and am confident it won't break down with continued use. I took off all the sharp edges that tend to cut into the stock foam while replacing the old with new. It's also a must to cover the wire with the jute pad.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:33 PM
CadVette
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

I have a set in my Silverado. I like them. It is a good option if you are looking to save the original vinyl/leather on the seats. They clean easily and hold up to wear and tear very well. My truck has 80,000 miles and they look good as when the vehicle was new. Also eliminates the too hot or cold feeling when you first get in the car. If you track your car then you may want to go a different route.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:58 AM
09LS3
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I have to say that I live my neoprene seat covers.
I bough mine from Wet Okale and they are a very high quality product; they fit well and hold you much better than the oem plasti-leather.
I have had them for about 4+ years now-and are just starting to show some wear on the side booster of the seat back (I also drive this car every day)
I do remove then a couple times a year for "major clean-ups" and the seats look good as new.
I also live in Texas with the ebony interior, so the covers have saved my backside many times in the summer time sun.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:49 PM
R_W
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by 09LS3
I have to say that I live my neoprene seat covers.
I bough mine from Wet Okale and they are a very high quality product; they fit well and hold you much better than the oem plasti-leather.
I have had them for about 4+ years now-and are just starting to show some wear on the side booster of the seat back (I also drive this car every day)
I do remove then a couple times a year for "major clean-ups" and the seats look good as new.
I also live in Texas with the ebony interior, so the covers have saved my backside many times in the summer time sun.
Another vote for Wet Okole here. I have them in my Silverado and had them in my Honda S2000. (Not in the vette since I have Sparco Evo race seats now)
They are very customizable, made to order, and I have never had one not fit.

https://www.wetokole.com/mm5/merchan...Value=Corvette

Last edited by R_W; 11-25-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:47 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by LV Vette
I’m thinking of getting some neoprene seat covers to protect my Vette seats, particularly the bolsters on the sides of the drivers seat. Are they comfortable, do a good job of protecting the seats do the make it more difficult to enter or exit the car?

Thanks in advance for your input!
I've had them on my 08 for years and love them they add more padding and are very comfortable,no need to remove them to clean just vacuum them then use a wet washcloth to wipe down..And i do not slide around with them.I got my from Mid America Motorworks.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:04 AM
airspeed
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

I love the neoprene seat covers got mine from wetokole .com custom made to fit and very sharp looking feels good winter or summer
Old 11-27-2017, 02:36 AM
Welker1
Melting Slicks

Received 555 Likes on 464 Posts

I had the neoprene covers for a while, not as much to protect the leather, but due to the seats getting so hot during road trips in the summer. They fit extremely well, they do not 'slide around' and in addition to protecting the leather, the stay cool if you live in a hot climate as I do. I also found them to be very comfortable and had no impact on entering/exiting the car; the ones I had fit so well, most people didn't even realize they we're covers

Last edited by Welker1; 11-27-2017 at 02:44 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To How good are neoprene seat cover?

Quick Reply: How good are neoprene seat cover?