C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SoCal Garage Works

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 10:43 AM
05 Wreck
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

I ordered mine on Feb. 19. Initially I had trouble contacting Greg Bauchat at SoCal but found it was a problem with my email server. I switched to gmail and got the info I needed to ship my wheel. Because of this thread, I paid through PayPal Credit, six months to pay and can open a dispute if not delivered. (They say on their website 5-7 weeks). I plan to contact in a week or so for an update.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:38 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 05 Wreck
I ordered mine on Feb. 19. Initially I had trouble contacting Greg Bauchat at SoCal but found it was a problem with my email server. I switched to gmail and got the info I needed to ship my wheel. Because of this thread, I paid through PayPal Credit, six months to pay and can open a dispute if not delivered. (They say on their website 5-7 weeks). I plan to contact in a week or so for an update.
I sent my wheel in a couple weeks ahead of you. I checked in a couple of weeks ago and Greg told me they were still on track for the end of March. At this point I have no reason to doubt the stated timeline, so hoping to have it within the next couple weeks.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:16 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Received 597 Likes on 407 Posts

I ordered mine around january 19th...they received my wheel on january 23rd...they did say 7 weeks...i contacted them by text on the 13th of march....greg told me that their fabricator told them in about 15 days that the wheels should be done...but he also said he couldn't give me a exact date...lets all keep in touch...remember strength in numbers guys

Last edited by Smokeyjr; 03-20-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:42 PM
05 Wreck
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Smokeyjr
I ordered mine around january 19th...they received my wheel on january 23rd...the did say 7 weeks...i contacted them by text on the 13th of march....greg told me that their fabricator told them in about 15 days that the wheels should be done...but he also said he couldn't give me a exact date...now i am wondering if he will come through...lets all keep in touch...remember strength in numbers guys
At this juncture I have no reason to doubt SoCal is reputable. Any qualms I have are a result of total disgust with the left coast of California and it's governor "Moon Beam" Brown.
The following users liked this post:
doomi (03-20-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 06:46 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Got a message from greg on friday...sent me photos of wheels that were finished and he said they were waiting on shipping boxes
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
Bluewheelz (04-02-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 08:51 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Smokeyjr
Got a message from greg on friday...sent me photos of wheels that were finished and he said they were waiting on shipping boxes
I received the same picture last Thursday. Mine is the 2012+ all leather one on the lower right. Also had the airbag covered in perforated leather.

Waiting "patiently" for the shipping notification. Was hoping the wheel would be shipped out as soon as it was done, but apparently there is more waiting involved (going on 8 weeks now). Was told there were 40 wheels to be shipped, which "takes time." Of course, I will have to get my hands on the wheel before I make a final judgment as to whether the quality justifies the significant wait time, but the picture is encouraging.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:33 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

I am having the airbag cover as well...mine is one of them with carbon fiber/w red stitching...yep...we shall see...but nice looking wheel crvtbb
Old 04-02-2018, 09:47 PM
Bluewheelz
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 117 Posts

I got an email over the weekend stating the same - that they were packing them up and shipping them this week. Mine is suede with red stitching. Can't wait to throw that thing in my car!
Old 04-02-2018, 10:24 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Hope mine is in that bunch. I haven't heard back on the last couple of messages.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:31 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

What did he charge those of you that had the airbag covered?
Old 04-03-2018, 08:59 PM
doomi
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1rusty1
What did he charge those of you that had the airbag covered?
I'm interested in this as well. I didn't know it was an option. Got so excited about the wheel at the price I didn't ask a bunch of questions.

Curious if anyone has received shipping information? I still haven't had a reply from my couple of recent messages but I'm holding out hope mine is in the stack to ship.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:32 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by doomi
I'm interested in this as well. I didn't know it was an option. Got so excited about the wheel at the price I didn't ask a bunch of questions.

Curious if anyone has received shipping information? I still haven't had a reply from my couple of recent messages but I'm holding out hope mine is in the stack to ship.
I asked separately after ordering the wheel and was quoted +$85 on top of the price of the wheel so I jumped on it. Of course since I supplied my own wheel, my Vette has been sitting "wheel less" for the last 2 months.

I still haven't received shipping information, which is becoming increasingly annoying.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:43 PM
doomi
Drifting

Originally Posted by CrvtBB
I asked separately after ordering the wheel and was quoted +$85 on top of the price of the wheel so I jumped on it. Of course since I supplied my own wheel, my Vette has been sitting "wheel less" for the last 2 months.

I still haven't received shipping information, which is becoming increasingly annoying.
He's working on a bunch of wheels which I'm sure is difficult. I'm fairly impatient, but for what it looks like the quality is I'll be very happy when I receive it. And I did not send a core fortumately. That would be a bummer.

I only wish I had received a reply to my messages or heard they were done when the rest of you did. It makes me slightly worried mine might not be in the batch.

I appreciate the reply on the airbag. It's a no brainer at that price point. Please post pics when you get it installed.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:14 AM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

He's working on a bunch of wheels which I'm sure is difficult. I'm fairly impatient, but for what it looks like the quality is I'll be very happy when I receive it. And I did not send a core fortumately. That would be a bummer.

I only wish I had received a reply to my messages or heard they were done when the rest of you did. It makes me slightly worried mine might not be in the batch.

I appreciate the reply on the airbag. It's a no brainer at that price point. Please post pics when you get it installed.
Will do. This should be the last interior mod and I'm hoping the steering wheel wraps it all together nicely.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:46 AM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

Interesting. SoCal is a big vendor for Veloster turbo items (my previous car). They do top notch work and are generally really active in the community. I have ordered a part or two from them (not custom stuff) and the items were always quick to get to me. Cool to see they are doing Corvette steering wheels. I'll have to keep them in mind when the time comes.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:36 PM
05 Wreck
Burning Brakes

Just received notification that my wheel has shipped. Gave me a Fed Ex tracking number. We'll see what I get....?
Old 04-05-2018, 04:46 PM
doomi
Drifting

Originally Posted by 05 Wreck
Just received notification that my wheel has shipped. Gave me a Fed Ex tracking number. We'll see what I get....?
I ordered mine nearly a month before you and I'm getting nothing but crickets. Hasn't responded to any messages in weeks.

I hope I hear something soon or I'll be forced to dispute through PayPal. A little communication goes a long way.

Get notified of new replies

To SoCal Garage Works

Old 04-05-2018, 06:38 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

I just received a notice from fed ex...that my wheel has shipped...with a tracking number

Last edited by Smokeyjr; 04-05-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:27 PM
05 Wreck
Burning Brakes

Default Contact

I ordered mine nearly a month before you and I'm getting nothing but crickets. Hasn't responded to any messages in weeks.

I hope I hear something soon or I'll be forced to dispute through PayPal. A little communication goes a long way.
doomi,
I had trouble contacting socal through my email server. Finally was contacted after dispute started with PayPal. It wasn't socal's fault it was my email server. Once I used gmail instead, everything was cool.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:27 PM
doomi
Drifting

Notification that it's on the way!

Cannot wait to install.

Quick Reply: SoCal Garage Works