C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 06:01 PM
sea six
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New exhaust

I have had NPP exhaust system on my 06 C6 for several years. I am thinking of something different. Been looking at Borla axle back. Anyone have an opinion on them or something like?
So that’s means I also have a set of NPP that are in great shape if anyone is interested.
Thanks Rod
Old 02-03-2018, 06:04 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Opinions on these forums, opinions we got
Although I don't have one, happy with headers and NPP open sound
NSF
Old 02-03-2018, 06:06 PM
redrckt97
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I am interested in your NPP's
Old 02-03-2018, 06:08 PM
ULEWZ
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

In my humble opinion, anything louder than the Corsa Sport is too loud. Had the Billy Boat PRT, and it was way too loud. My wife wore ear plugs!!!
Extremely happy with the CS. I can hear it, but it isn't overbearing like my ex.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:40 PM
sea six
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
Opinions on these forums, opinions we got
Although I don't have one, happy with headers and NPP open sound
NSF
I also have a set of headers I just bought a new pickup and it has a set of Borla on it and it sounds terrific. You are correct it does sound good just wanted some that was a little deeper growl.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:42 PM
sea six
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by redrckt97
I am interested in your NPP's
I have the aftermarket control box with it’s remo. Although I use my visor center button to control it.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by sea six
I also have a set of headers I just bought a new pickup and it has a set of Borla on it and it sounds terrific. You are correct it does sound good just wanted some that was a little deeper growl.
They're just so PRICEY that I couldnt justify them, but I'm happy with what I got
They drone but it sounds good to me and then if the wife wants quiet, click and "Viola" quiet she has
NSF

Last edited by Not So Fast; 02-03-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:13 PM
sea six
Burning Brakes

They're just so PRICEY that I couldnt justify them, but I'm happy with what I got
They drone but it sounds good to me and then if the wife wants quiet, click and "Viola" quiet she has
NSF
Roger that
Old 02-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,088 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I had the NPP muffler option on my GS, but now have Borla 'Touring' mufflers instead ....

I have always liked the NPP mufflers that came on my GS ... until I installed a set of headers on the car.

During normal driving the car was really no louder with the headers and the NPP as it was with the stock exhaust manifolds and the NPP.

The big problem was at wide open throttle (WOT) ... When the NPP valves would open fully at WOT, the car was just obnoxiously loud when I installed headers.

The only fix was to remove the NPP mufflers and install a set of Borla 'Touring' mufflers.

Now the car don't attract so much attention when at WOT ... It sill has a nice sound, but not that "In Your Face" noise anymore when you put your foot in it.

I'm happy
Old 02-03-2018, 09:52 PM
sea six
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
I had the NPP muffler option on my GS, but now have Borla 'Touring' mufflers instead ....

I have always liked the NPP mufflers that came on my GS ... until I installed a set of headers on the car.

During normal driving the car was really no louder with the headers and the NPP as it was with the stock exhaust manifolds and the NPP.

The big problem was at wide open throttle (WOT) ... When the NPP valves would open fully at WOT, the car was just obnoxiously loud when I installed headers.

The only fix was to remove the NPP mufflers and install a set of Borla 'Touring' mufflers.

Now the car don't attract so much attention when at WOT ... It sill has a nice sound, but not that "In Your Face" noise anymore when you put your foot in it.

I'm happy
Not sure about which Borlas to get touring or S type?
Old 02-03-2018, 09:59 PM
jeffs64
Burning Brakes

Received 261 Likes on 190 Posts
Default Without NPP

Mine never had the NPP exhaust I have driven a few with and a few without. I drove one with the Borla. I really didn’t like any of them.
For some reason mine was recalled and they replaced the Cats / Pipes / Mufflers and Tips. I do not know what exhaust it has been installed but it sounds great. I wish I knew what type it has. Just love it Nice and quite with normal driving and nice and loud when pushing it.
Attached Images  

Last edited by jeffs64; 02-16-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:01 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,088 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

If you keep your stock exhaust manifolds, I would think that the S type might be the best option.

With headers, the car will be a little louder, so that's why I went with the Touring mufflers.
The following users liked this post:
jeffs64 (02-04-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 10:21 PM
sea six
Burning Brakes

If you keep your stock exhaust manifolds, I would think that the S type might be the best option.

With headers, the car will be a little louder, so that's why I went with the Touring mufflers.
Ok good information thanks.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:47 PM
Adam Cifonelli
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 56 Posts

NSF
When I was thinking about getting new exhaust system, looked at the Corsa Sport and Borla Sport.. $1300+. Didnt wanna spend that kinda money. So I just picked up NPP mufflers for 300 bucs and I keep them open. Sounds just fine to me now.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:58 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by sea six
Not sure about which Borlas to get touring or S type?
S or atak both sound good.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:02 PM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 84 Posts

I did something dumb. I had the NPP with the muffler mod on my GS. Before when I had took my car to get my headers with cats and cam installed the black friday sale was going on. An I lucked up and got a Hooker Blackheart NPP for like $1,079. I love it and the snap crackle and pop. It does drone a little but it's not super bad to me and I can close the valves with the NPP in a box when I want to.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:27 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

I'm happy
Awww, as my kids tell me Ron, your just getting too old dad lol.
I admit mine is loud when NPP is open and too quiet when closed but that's why I like having the remote option. Plus I find it not as bad if the windows are down, the drone that is, but Mama likes them up of course. So when I'm by myself guess where the windows are, DOWN !!!!
But I love the raspyiness that it has just the way it is
NSF

Get notified of new replies

To New exhaust

Quick Reply: New exhaust