C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chuck COW vs Vitesse

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 04:57 PM
montman
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
I've driven and rode in cars with both types of controllers. As a passenger, I couldn't tell the difference, since my brain and foot relationship was not responsible for the rate of vehicle movement. As a driver, it took a minute to adjust to the specific rate of foot movement required to get the car to move at the rate I wanted. With the Vitesse and having several options of advance and retard from the "stock" rate, it also took a minute for each setting to be able adjust my foot rate. The "booster" had no option for multiple rates and therefore the driving adjustment was much simpler/quicker.

The whole thing reminded me of the bolt on carb bellcranks with multiple holes to change the rate of foot pedal movements to carb shaft rotation. The advent of 4 barrel carbs with vacuum secondaries resolved the problem of too much throttle with too little input on less than ideal surfaces. Progressive linkage did it for 3 deuces too. The reason that manufacturers did that then and with electronics now, is to make the cars driveable in all weather conditions by all drivers. The fair weather Vette owners who never leave the garage if rain is expected or the temps are below 50F won't suffer with the booster. But those owners who venture beyond the safety of home are far better off with the Vitesse and it's ability to be adjusted to the weather and road conditions. The Vitesse retard options make it far easier to control high powered cars on ice, snow, wet, or other slippery roads.
We don't have weather in El Paso, Texas - we watch it on TV. But yes, the adjustment is a nice feature. I usually leave it on 9, which is the maximum, except when I let someone else drive who I think might not be ready for the instant downshifts and sudden torque (let's just say I learned that one the hard way.) When set on 5 in the economy mode, you would actually have to try in order to make the tires break traction on ice.

Last edited by montman; 09-23-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:17 PM
montman
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyS5600
I have no experience with either the Chuck Cow tune or the Vitesse controller. iam interested because I detest the
dam throttle lag. Anyway,how come the Sprint Booster isn't mentioned too much? Just asking
Jimmy
I haven't seen much on the Sprint either. I think when I originally made this thread, I wasn't clear about the difference between a CoW booster and a CoW tune. I can't really justify a tune for 800 dollars. I will never race, and the extra horsepower would get me closer to tickets than I already am. But a booster or throttle controller for a couple hundred is a must in these cars for sure. People don't always realize how unresponsive they are. I didn't, until I got rid of that lag.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:02 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,245 Likes on 1,637 Posts

I have no experience with either the Chuck Cow tune or the Vitesse controller. iam interested because I detest the
dam throttle lag. Anyway,how come the Sprint Booster isn't mentioned too much? Just asking
Jimmy
because it's more expensive than the vitesse ...
Old 09-24-2018, 11:45 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Call me and I'll explain....

Jimmy

Call me and I'll explain.... 914-332-0049

Chuck CoW

Quick Reply: Chuck COW vs Vitesse