C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Spacers, Got Educated Today

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 11:21 AM
Welker1
Melting Slicks

Received 555 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
Spacers are OK for certain applications.....mild hot rod.....street boat....etc. But running spacers on one of these high performance applications that not only go fast in a straight line, but also handle like a carving knife just seems a little iffy.......good luck.
I ran spacers on my '87 Callaway Twin-Turbo Corvette for the 5 years I owned it so I could run C5 wheels. I drive very spiritedly, especially on mountain/curvy roads, I also took it to the strip a couple of times; it handled great and I never had a problem.

Last edited by Welker1; 04-17-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:25 AM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

That looks great! Glad they worked out for you.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:31 AM
jost6453
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by doomi
That looks great! Glad they worked out for you.
1/2" was perfect! Thx again! Anyone need a set on 1/2" NON hub-centric spacers? Ha!
Old 04-17-2018, 01:43 PM
Sledge Hammer
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by jost6453

1/2" was perfect! Thx again! Anyone need a set on 1/2" NON hub-centric spacers? Ha!
They do look good. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:39 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Welker1
I ran spacers on my '87 Callaway Twin-Turbo Corvette for the 5 years I owned it so I could run C5 wheels. I drive very spiritedly, especially on mountain/curvy roads, I also took it to the strip a couple of times; it handled great and I never had a problem.
I'm sure that many have used, and will continue to use spacers without any problems. But being just a "little bit" up on engineering, I wouldn't use spacers cause they just aren't a good idea....
Old 07-27-2019, 10:47 PM
Gryphon_
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll resurrect this thread as I dont know if I have spacers fitted or not, but the right rear is sitting 1/4" further out than the left rear. And now i have new tires on, it rubs on bumpy left handers. Now, of course, if I happened to have a spacer on that wheel then all would be explained, and I'd just have to take it off. Please see image below - do I have a spacer on that wheel? If not, I guess I will start to worry that the wheels I have on my car that arent the size I thought they were...

Old 07-28-2019, 09:34 AM
Thera p
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Gryphon_
I'll resurrect this thread as I dont know if I have spacers fitted or not, but the right rear is sitting 1/4" further out than the left rear. And now i have new tires on, it rubs on bumpy left handers. Now, of course, if I happened to have a spacer on that wheel then all would be explained, and I'd just have to take it off. Please see image below - do I have a spacer on that wheel? If not, I guess I will start to worry that the wheels I have on my car that arent the size I thought they were...

Can't tell what I'm looking at from that pic. If you had spacers, I think you'd be able to see them clearly. Wheel size should be visible on the inside of the spokes somewhere. Also, it's not uncommon for the body to not be centered on the chassis. I run a 1/2" spacer on the left rear, and a 1/4" one on the RR to balance things out.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:28 PM
916Z06
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gryphon_

Doesn't look like a spacer is there, you may just have a more aggressive (lower offset) than what is normally on there. Most wheels have size & specs of wheels on the back side of the wheel, most.

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers, Got Educated Today