C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 GS A6 Steering problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 09:58 PM
EMERALD BEAUTY
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 GS A6 Steering problem

...HELP...I bought a beautiful jetstream blue 2010 GS auto last week with 10k miles on her. The problem is in the Magnasteer. She has parking lot ease of steering at all speeds. There is no road feel at high speeds at all. It also jerks left or right at stand still. It's not a problem to drive but not normal. My local (trusted) mechanic has done a front end alignment and spent countless hours (computer) diagnosing all layers of the steering and car, to no avail.They have consulted with Chevy and Cadillac mechanics. The computer shows no errors and default at all levels. What could it be ? Has anyone else ever had a similar problem ? Please advise me (us) a direction to go. Monday we start a plan for a new rack and pinion because the Magnasteer system with its embedded electronics is hard mounted to the r & p system. Help is greatly appreciated for any advice and direction...Thanks again.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:09 PM
Jstan2014
Safety Car

Received 546 Likes on 421 Posts

Free bump. (Sorry, I have no helpful input) Good luck.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:02 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Maybe the 'jerking L/R at standstill' isn't a problem, a'tall.
Could be Ackermann Effect, explained here:

Corvette's very large & sticky tires make car skip when making sharp turns from a stop. Can you describe symptom, better?

No codes?

BTTT

Get notified of new replies

To 2010 GS A6 Steering problem

Quick Reply: 2010 GS A6 Steering problem