C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Southern Car Parts Opinions ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 10:03 PM
TripleBlackZ06
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Southern Car Parts Opinions ?

I seem to be having trouble getting a representative from this company to respond to my e-mails & phone calls about an order that is incorrect. I received a package with the wrong part for my car in it on Monday , it has been 4 days of trying to get a response & I am not sure what to think . I have used them for many prior purchases & have not had any issues. My question is , have any other forum members run into issues with this company & if so , how was their customer service dept. in handling the problem & how did you resolve it ?
The following users liked this post:
FasNuff (06-29-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 01:44 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleBlackZ06
I seem to be having trouble getting a representative from this company to respond to my e-mails & phone calls about an order that is incorrect. I received a package with the wrong part for my car in it on Monday , it has been 4 days of trying to get a response & I am not sure what to think . I have used them for many prior purchases & have not had any issues. My question is , have any other forum members run into issues with this company & if so , how was their customer service dept. in handling the problem & how did you resolve it ?
I have placed several orders with them in the past year with the merchandise and parts always being the quality I expected. However, shipping was often much slower than I would have liked and communication was downright nonexistent. I have NEVER received a reply to ANY emails I have sent, whether it was pertaining to my order or info/details regarding an item they were selling. I have received order confirmation emails, but nothing more! I have never received shipping confirmation and/or tracking info! I understand now that items are often not stocked by them personally, but shipped from and by their vendors, so they do not have as much control. I placed an order March 1st 2018 and still have yet to receive several items. I ordered two leather route bags also on 3-1-2018 and 2 weeks ago was informed they were being made by their vendor. I have only received one of them! I called SCP and spoke with Dave, who has always been very nice, said he'd check into it and email with what he learned. I have heard nothing since my call. Additionally, I have yet to receive my group-buy Coverking car cover or Blockit Sound Deadening Kit.
All emails have gone unanswered as well as voice messages, but when my calls do get thru, I do get taken care of in a friendly helpful manner. I doubt I will be doing business with them again because of their inability to properly communicate shipping & tracking info, order delays and failure to return voice and email messages!

Last edited by TomdaToolman; 04-06-2018 at 01:54 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:11 AM
TripleBlackZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by TomdaToolman
I have placed several orders with them in the past year with the merchandise and parts always being the quality I expected. However, shipping was often much slower than I would have liked and communication was downright nonexistent. I have NEVER received a reply to ANY emails I have sent, whether it was pertaining to my order or info/details regarding an item they were selling. I have received order confirmation emails, but nothing more! I have never received shipping confirmation and/or tracking info! I understand now that items are often not stocked by them personally, but shipped from and by their vendors, so they do not have as much control. I placed an order March 1st 2018 and still have yet to receive several items. I ordered two leather route bags also on 3-1-2018 and 2 weeks ago was informed they were being made by their vendor. I have only received one of them! I called SCP and spoke with Dave, who has always been very nice, said he'd check into it and email with what he learned. I have heard nothing since my call. Additionally, I have yet to receive my group-buy Coverking car cover or Blockit Sound Deadening Kit.
All emails have gone unanswered as well as voice messages, but when my calls do get thru, I do get taken care of in a friendly helpful manner. I doubt I will be doing business with them again because of their inability to properly communicate shipping & tracking info, order delays and failure to return voice and email messages!
I ordered front fender vent ducts in carbon fiber for my ZR-1 ( custom made to order , have waited 6 weeks for them to be produced ) & they arrived on Monday as Z0-6 fender ducts. Big Mistake as it is clearly printed on my invoice that they were supposed to be for a ZR-1. I understand that mistakes happen but I sent e-mails directly to David Wood , left messages on his voice mail , spoke to Crystal in sales , ( the one time I was able to get thru using a different phone number )who promised me she would forward the info to David & I still have not gotten a response. I'll try again today & hope to get this resolved.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:40 PM
TripleBlackZ06
Racer

So I finally got through on the phone today out of the blue on the third try & similarly like the other forum member had mentioned that it was very difficult in getting a rep on the phone ,but once I did & they heard the problem they seem very prompt about correcting it. He asked for a picture of what I received & said he would get right on it. I will let you know how this turns out.
JerriVette (04-18-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 06:16 PM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

I ordered a license plate holder from them in chrome and the one that was sent to me was painted black. I contacted them and was told the supplier sent a painted one because chrome was out of stock. I told them I only wanted what I had ordered and paid for. A few days later they found the correct one in chrome finish and sent it to me a along with a pre-paid mailer to return the one the sent in error which I did. The guy at Southern Car Parts was helpful in the resolution. Not sure how much Corvette stuff they have on hand or when they act as middle man and contract with other suppliers. Inconvient mistake, but my issue was resolved OK.

Last edited by Nice Ride; 04-07-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Landru (04-12-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 01:24 PM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,488 Likes on 771 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I have bought a few things from these guys and like them. MAny of the items they sell are special order custom, so yes the items are built to order by the supplier and at times take some time. What I like about them, is if you call the always are straight and will level with you on any item. There was a cover I was thinking of getting and called tjhem. They told me to forget it in this case as they were made in China and taking months. Other suppliers were trying to get me to order the same one, but would avoid the long wait issue! Southern has always been honest on wait times.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:52 PM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

After several call attempts, I got thru to Crystal who said she'd have someone get back to me after they got back from lunch. Three hours later after not hearing back, I called and got thru to Dave and was reassured that the items I haven't received were on their way or would be soon. Received my Blockit Sound Deadening System yesterday which I immediately threw in the car as a stop gap fix until I can do a much more complete sound deadening and insulating job this summer in nicer weather. It does make a difference!
Suppose to have the car cover by the end of the month.
TKO Performance (07-03-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 10:40 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleBlackZ06
So I finally got through on the phone today out of the blue on the third try & similarly like the other forum member had mentioned that it was very difficult in getting a rep on the phone ,but once I did & they heard the problem they seem very prompt about correcting it. He asked for a picture of what I received & said he would get right on it. I will let you know how this turns out.
Same thing here on a Z06 rear spoiler, problems from the get go with it - sent pictures from last JULY 0f 2017 and have been phone tagging, emailing, pictures the whole 9 yards from Dave Woods with plenty of promises to get me a new one and still to this day I have not received a new one -

The one they got was drop shipped from Mid America and Dave has promised to locate a replacement due to the faulty craftsmanship, and I mean faulty, and still nothing and no word -

I have bought many things since this purchase for my Vette and other Vettes (workmates and friends) but unfortunately I could not buy from Southern Car Parts due to this issue - They were a trusted business before this but now I cannot recommend nor trust them anymore.

Thanks,Matt
Old 04-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by madmatt9471
I have bought many things since this purchase for my Vette and other Vettes (workmates and friends) but unfortunately I could not buy from Southern Car Parts due to this issue - They were a trusted business before this but now I cannot recommend nor trust them anymore.
Really a bummer hearing that, SCP used to be a stand-up outfit.
Past purchases went fine w/ no snags.
Wonder WTH happened?

Sounding a little like DD Mods demise, an ultimate How To for destroying promising Internet businesses. MBA grade stuff.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:06 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----

Originally Posted by Landru
Really a bummer hearing that, SCP used to be a stand-up outfit.
Past purchases went fine w/ no snags.
Wonder WTH happened?

Sounding a little like DD Mods demise, an ultimate How To for destroying promising Internet businesses. MBA grade stuff.
I really don't know - but I hate that I cannot ethically purchase from them anymore nor send anyone to purchase from them, even as much as I would like to.

I really wish they would take care of this almost 1 year old problem as they have promised over and over again - I have notes and emails and phone messages to prove it too -

Thanks,Matt
Old 04-13-2018, 09:54 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by madmatt9471
I really wish they would take care of this almost 1 year old problem as they have promised over and over again - I have notes and emails and phone messages to prove it too -
Well Matt?
In your shoes I'd make it jihad, raise such unholy hell & be biggest PITA arsehole they'd ever had they'd comply JUST to get rid of me. Yesterday.
Squeaking wheel always gets the grease, not made nearly enough noise.

Call e v e r y d a y, more if you like + emails twice as much.
No more Mr. Nice Guy.

OR, cancel/dispute w/ CCC.
Kick 'em to the curb.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:46 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Landru
Well Matt?
In your shoes I'd make it jihad, raise such unholy hell & be biggest PITA arsehole they'd ever had they'd comply JUST to get rid of me. Yesterday.
Squeaking wheel always gets the grease, not made nearly enough noise.

Call e v e r y d a y, more if you like + emails twice as much.
No more Mr. Nice Guy.

OR, cancel/dispute w/ CCC.
Kick 'em to the curb.
Believe me I am not done -

It's post like these that you hope get Vendors attention, they know who we are and SCP has lost quite a bit of business this past year and the beginning of this year.

I will not be making any large purchase, IE my new wheels through them for this very purpose

Thanks,Matt
Old 04-16-2018, 10:14 PM
TripleBlackZ06
Racer

I own a business & the # 1 most important rule for repeat customers is how a company handles their problems. Customer service is key for long term success. I would be out of business if my customers called with an issue & I took an average of a week at a time to return a call or e-mail or to not call back at all. Yet here we are , my weekly update on my issue is that I got thru after a couple of days trying again & got an answer that the warehouse is in the process of making the correct part & when it is ready they will contact me with a ship date. Sounds promising but from what I am hearing from others who have replied to this thread, I am going to refrain from celebrating until I see the right parts in my hand. It really shouldn't be this difficult to communicate with a vendor.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:26 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,088 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Reading threads like this ... You can bet the farm that I [won't] be ordering anything from Southern Car Parts !

I just don't need any extra headaches in my life.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:02 PM
TripleBlackZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Reading threads like this ... You can bet the farm that I [won't] be ordering anything from Southern Car Parts !

I just don't need any extra headaches in my life.
Really was not trying to get this kind of reaction when I started this thread, I am just hoping that in the end I can report that my issue was resolved even though the communication was difficult & maybe this will serve to better customer/vendor relations with this company.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:43 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

JUst contact credit card company and cancel payment.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:17 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Never had a problem with them. but haven't ordered in a while.

Get notified of new replies

To Southern Car Parts Opinions ?

Old 04-18-2018, 03:51 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Default CHECK VENDORS ON THIS CF SITE-transaction feedback

AS THE TITLE SEZ, CF has a section where you can see threads on some vendors. check Transaction Feedback first, then maybe you won't have to post a thread like this one.

Who knew? Now you do. A little late. Sorry about that one.

Some vendors are pretty good and then go bad. Some are pretty bad from the start, and go away by being forced off.

It's like buying a used car: if you don't check it out first, you might pay the price. Twice.
TripleBlackZ06 (04-19-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 04:18 PM
DezVette
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Nice Ride
I ordered a license plate holder from them in chrome and the one that was sent to me was painted black. I contacted them and was told the supplier sent a painted one because chrome was out of stock. I told them I only wanted what I had ordered and paid for. A few days later they found the correct one in chrome finish and sent it to me a along with a pre-paid mailer to return the one the sent in error which I did. The guy at Southern Car Parts was helpful in the resolution. Not sure how much Corvette stuff they have on hand or when they act as middle man and contract with other suppliers. Inconvient mistake, but my issue was resolved OK.
I would have sent them back a plastic one with a letter explaining the metal ones were on backorder.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:30 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Update:

The part was ordered on 5/11/17 then went to the paint shop on 5/12/17 and then shipped to me on 6/19/17 and then went to install it once received and there was no hardware, then I contacted SCP and they were able to send the mounting hardware, then as of 7/5/17 I have been trying to get a replacement for the faulty product.

As of 4/17/18 I was promised a full refund through PayPal but however, since I had to call this morning 4/19/18 to find this out, they could not refund thru PayPal due to it being too old of a transaction -

I was informed that the accounting department has sent a full refund check for the product to me and I informed David that I will contact him as soon as I receive it, and I will update here as well -

Thanks,Matt
The following 2 users liked this post by madmatt9471:
Landru (04-19-2018), TripleBlackZ06 (04-19-2018)

Quick Reply: Southern Car Parts Opinions ?