C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a good laugh at my expense-----read this lol

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 05:39 PM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

Default Need a good laugh at my expense-----read this lol

so went to buy a new battery today. autozone 650cca 5yr warr before you ask

and this is what my dumb *** did....

I am a stickler for time savings so i decided to just take the car to AZ and change the battery and purchase the new one at same time. (core charge, saves a trip etc etc)

SO, the autozone isnt in the best area, backs up to a crappy apt complex(im sure i dont need to elaborate) so once i get the battery out, i immediately SHUT THE HATCH. thinking in my head NO ONE WILL STEAL it now.....because the HACH is closed

key and second fob are AT HOME on the key hanger thingy.....where they always are

luckily i drove with floor heat on high and the windows cracked about 3 inches. LOL
go in and tell the autozone guys who looked at me like an idiot. they gave me a 5ft brake line with a hook at the end for these situations..got the door open, climbed my fat *** in the hatch and pulled the carpet away from the latch and pulled the cable to open the hatch.
i really wish cars still had keys and door handles

time spent.....2hrs....wife even asked me what took so long when i got home
Old 04-06-2018, 05:55 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

You drove the car to AZ. Where was your key?
Old 04-06-2018, 05:58 PM
Dr Bee
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

the vette and a few of my other cars have turned me into a key n@zi, much more OCD now than ever before. they are supposed to be a convenience (among other things) but i find the opposite to be true. my DD is a wrangler with (gasp!) a key and i never sweat the process of getting in, out, locking, walking away, car horns shaming me, etc., etc.

love the vette, not so sure about the key fob (or the 45 min programming procedure, sheesh...)

Last edited by Dr Bee; 04-06-2018 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

We've all had one of those moments!!
Old 04-06-2018, 06:00 PM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

key fob in pocket....couldnt unlock doors because no battery.

physical key was at home LOL
Old 04-06-2018, 06:01 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Some people are ready for time-saving, effort-saving new things, some aren't. Guess which one you are.

My Equinox is like my C6 was - fob in my pocket. But I click the button on the door handle to either lock or unlock the driver's door or all doors.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:02 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Originally Posted by ~STOLEN~
key fob in pocket....couldnt unlock doors because no battery.

physical key was at home LOL
Yup, that's why you should keep the key with the fob.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:04 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dr Bee
the vette and a few of my other cars have turned me into a key n@zi, much more OCD now than ever before. they are supposed to be a convenience (among other things) but i find the opposite to be true. my DD is a wrangler with (gasp!) a key and i never sweat the process of getting in, out, locking, walking away, car horns shaming me, etc., etc.

love the vette, not so sure about the key fob (or the 45 min programming procedure, sheesh...)

The only time you ever need to do programming is if you lost a fob or want to add one. That's not the cars fault.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:07 PM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Some people are ready for time-saving, effort-saving new things, some aren't. Guess which one you are.

My Equinox is like my C6 was - fob in my pocket. But I click the button on the door handle to either lock or unlock the driver's door or all doors.
oh its clear NOW!!!! lol

and yes ill be keeping everything together from now on .....i learn lessons the hard way, though i usually have good intentions
Old 04-06-2018, 06:20 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

i learn lessons the hard way
It'll stay with you longer that way.
The following users liked this post:
~STOLEN~ (04-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 06:30 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Lessons learned the hard way are the ones you don't forget!
~STOLEN~ (04-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 07:10 PM
zzjakect
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

My friend does mech work in his garage at his house. He was installing a camera for me and pulled battery cable. He didn't finish and figured he'd do it next morning. closed it up without reconnecting battery. Certified Chevy mechanic. I still tease him about it.
~STOLEN~ (04-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 07:15 PM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by zzjakect
My friend does mech work in his garage at his house. He was installing a camera for me and pulled battery cable. He didn't finish and figured he'd do it next morning. closed it up without reconnecting battery. Certified Chevy mechanic. I still tease him about it.

See I'm not the only one....just a simple door close away from SH*T!!!!
Old 04-06-2018, 07:20 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

I am a stickler for time savings so i decided to just take the car to AZ and change the battery and purchase the new one at same time. (core charge, saves a trip etc etc)

SO, the autozone isnt in the best area, backs up to a crappy apt complex(im sure i dont need to elaborate) so once i get the battery out, i immediately SHUT THE HATCH. thinking in my head NO ONE WILL STEAL it now.....because the HACH is closed

key and second fob are AT HOME on the key hanger thingy.....where they always ae

luckily i drove with floor heat on high and the windows cracked about 3 inches. LOL
go in and tell the autozone guys who looked at me like an idiot. they gave me a 5ft brake line with a hook at the end for these situations..got the door open, climbed my fat *** in the hatch and pulled the carpet away from the latch and pulled the cable to open the hatch.

Had a similar incident last year. I drove to my local tire store to get a leak fixed caused by a screw in my tire tread. Handed the fob to the tire guy who drove the car into the shop for the repair.

After he was done he backed the car out, I got in and drove it home. One the trip home the DIC kept displaying No Fob Detected. I thought that's odd it's never done that before.

When I got home there was a message on my answering machine from the tire store to come and get my fob. I couldn't start the car and had to wait for my wife to come home with our daily driver to get the fob.

This is our first vehicle with keyless remote access and start.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:17 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Icecap
Had a similar incident last year. I drove to my local tire store to get a leak fixed caused by a screw in my tire tread. Handed the fob to the tire guy who drove the car into the shop for the repair.

After he was done he backed the car out, I got in and drove it home. One the trip home the DIC kept displaying No Fob Detected. I thought that's odd it's never done that before.

When I got home there was a message on my answering machine from the tire store to come and get my fob. I couldn't start the car and had to wait for my wife to come home with our daily driver to get the fob.

This is our first vehicle with keyless remote access and start.
But when you got home and pressed the button to turn off the engine, you got a message telling you the fob wasn't detected and giving you a chance to leave it running. You ignored the message. Next time this happens, I'll bet you'll be smart enough to find the fob before you shut it off.
Icecap (04-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 11:30 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

I can't imagine having the fob without the key. Hell, I would rather have the key without the fob. Neither is a good idea....key belongs inside the fob.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:22 AM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Always have a spare key hidden someplace on the car. Just sayin. Lol.

Get notified of new replies

To Need a good laugh at my expense-----read this lol

Old 04-07-2018, 04:31 AM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,116 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Always have a spare key hidden someplace on the car. Just sayin. Lol.
Agree. Not a single vehicle have I owned in the last 20 years that I couldn't walk up to bare *** nekkid and not drive away in.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:11 AM
Richard G.
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

key and second fob are AT HOME on the key hanger thingy.....where they always are

Good to tell on yourself All of us have done like things with our Corvettes. It just gets easier the older you get. I could write several paragraphs on my self.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:14 AM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Richard G.
Good to tell on yourself All of us have done like things with our Corvettes. It just gets easier the older you get. I could write several paragraphs on my self.

Ive found with age that a sense of humor is a MUST in life. Its just easier on all of us ya know.

But link me to those paragraphs once you start

Quick Reply: Need a good laugh at my expense-----read this lol