C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever get flipped off?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 02:39 PM
madcityeric
Heel & Toe

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cgladish
I would have given you a "thanks", but don't want people to think I was condoning your behavior. my biggest pet peeve, are the "moving road blocks" in the passing lane ( a close second is not signaling ).
it's either ignorance or apathy, unfortunately, you can't always tell.
but as I also tend to drive a bit more aggressively than most, I come across the left lane bandits regularly. my goal when driving is, any action I do, does not cause someone else to make any corrections.
it is a goal, but not a rule. not looking for the roadways to be the authbahn, but a little consideration goes a long way.
I heard one reason why someone hangs out in the passing lane, that at least is reasonable ( though I still don't agree with it ). my friends wife's mother drives in the passing lane, since then she only has to worry about one lane ( to her right ).
just wait until the autonomous cars become standard.

This is my goal as well, like I said, we drive the cars hard, but my goal as well is not to make someone else change their driving because of me. Ie, slow down, hit their brakes.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:43 PM
Welker1
Melting Slicks

Received 555 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by cgladish
in California, the SF bay area at least, the passing lane has lost its meaning.
took a road a few years back, heading east on I-80, all the way through sparks, nv. left lane bandits the whole way.
after getting through sparks, all of the way to ohio, everyone who passed in the left lane, immediately passed to the right.
my patience is getting thin.
I travel I15 frequently between Mesquite and Las Vegas; 99% of the people who will not move over when someone is coming up behind them in the left lane have California plates.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:55 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts

Never been flipped off. Although, I think someone tried to poke some innocent fun at my H/C/I/E Z06 last week by rolling his window down at a red light and saying, "cute car". I proceeded to tell him, "Thanks, but it's not as cute as your 4 cylinder Mustang". He didn't look too pleased after that.

Last edited by Frankie15; 04-11-2018 at 02:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
slow_zo6 (08-27-2019)
Old 04-11-2018, 02:55 PM
J.Moore
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by madcityeric
I don't belive doing 100 is reckless at all, I bought corvettes, not fiestas. And yes, someone camping out in the left lane doing 70 is wrong. However I dont ride there ***, I stay 2-3 cars leanths behind and wait.
What's your speed limit? 65, ok 10 over is 75 which is ok IF YOU AREN'T AN IDIOT WITH A FYCKING CELL PHONE GLUED TO THE FACE, not saying you do but too many do.

Camping in the fast lane at 70 is not wrong, that's normal. You see the highways weren't built just for you and your wife to drive 100mph. Get caught running 100 with wife in tow in her car and you guys will be in jail with the cars impounded.

I've been with many women in my day and not 1 ever drove any car 100 mph on the city streets or highways.

I got a good idea you are full of shyt with your story.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:59 PM
iw172
Drifting

Location: Retired early,everyday is Saturday...Hocking Hills Ohio
Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

yes. I’ve learned it comes w/the turf... smh
Old 04-11-2018, 03:24 PM
87SAM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 250 Posts

I don't belive doing 100 is reckless at all, I bought corvettes, not fiestas. And yes, someone camping out in the left lane doing 70 is wrong. However I dont ride there ***, I stay 2-3 cars leanths behind and wait.
Actually, I think staying 2-3 car lengths behind at 70 mph could be classified as riding their ***.
WKM (04-12-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 03:42 PM
madcityeric
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by J.Moore
What's your speed limit? 65, ok 10 over is 75 which is ok IF YOU AREN'T AN IDIOT WITH A FYCKING CELL PHONE GLUED TO THE FACE, not saying you do but too many do.

Camping in the fast lane at 70 is not wrong, that's normal. You see the highways weren't built just for you and your wife to drive 100mph. Get caught running 100 with wife in tow in her car and you guys will be in jail with the cars impounded.

I've been with many women in my day and not 1 ever drove any car 100 mph on the city streets or highways.

Haha, full of ****? We are in wi . You are welcome to come join us anytime. And what does being a woman have anything to do with it? If your woman can't handle 100 mph you're with the wrong woman.
And when we drive, we drive. No cells, putting on makeup up or eating cereal, yes saw that too while driving.
zzjakect (04-15-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 03:43 PM
GSJeff
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, Only owned my GS for less than 2 hours, my wife and I had pulled into a fast food joint to grab a bite before our long trip home, was climbing back in my car when some guys drove by waving the bird. We just laughed and headed West.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:51 PM
madcityeric
Heel & Toe

Curious, for those getting on their soap boxes about driving 100mph. Why did you get a Vette? Do you serious just drive the speed limit all the time? Or do you take it to the track?
I bought a Vette to drive it.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:54 PM
TRDNiteLife
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 87SAM
Actually, I think staying 2-3 car lengths behind at 70 mph could be classified as riding their ***.
Where I live, if you don't drive this way on the highway, other drivers will just keep getting in between you and the other car.

Last edited by TRDNiteLife; 04-11-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:54 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Curious, for those getting on their soap boxes about driving 100mph. Why did you get a Vette? Do you serious just drive the speed limit all the time? Or do you take it to the track?
I bought a Vette to drive it.
I've had my C5 up to 165, and my current C6 up to 145. Both times in Mexico.
Logan_IDR (04-11-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 03:56 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Camping in the fast lane at 70 is not wrong, that's normal.
Maybe, but it does violate the rules of common courtesy practiced by many for decades but has somehow become lost in the millennial generation, and in many places, it does violate traffic laws where signs are posted indicating left lane is for passing only.
09ZR1 (04-14-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 03:59 PM
Reckedhim
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Please learn the rules of the road. The left lane is not the "fast lane" it's the "passing lane" which means you should only be in it if you are passing. In most (maybe all?) states, it's illegal to be in the left lane if you are not passing.
09ZR1 (04-14-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 04:00 PM
ColeZ51
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You and the wife both flying 100mph down the roads? You are apparently a reckless driver with no concern for other cars on the road. You deserve to get boned off.. So people camping out in the fast lane going the speed limit about 70 are wrong huh? You got it backwards Bob. Grow up.
Take Texas for example... It's illegal in Texas to drive in the left lane and not get over for someone regardless of what speed you're going. The speed limit is 85 in some places so no, 100 is not the problem most of the time. It's the people doing the speed limit in the left lane that cause the problems.

Last edited by ColeZ51; 04-11-2018 at 04:01 PM.
09ZR1 (04-14-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 04:00 PM
GSJeff
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
I've had my C5 up to 165, and my current C6 up to 145. Both times in Mexico.

Had to make a run to the lumber yard last weekend in a neighboring town, cruised home at 110. Just have to LOVE Western Kansas!
Old 04-11-2018, 04:09 PM
87SAM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDNiteLife
Where I live, if you don't drive this way on the highway, other drivers will just keep getting in between you and the other car.
I understand that!
Old 04-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

When DON'T I get flipped off. Neighbors, drivers, ex-wife, good friends, bartenders, trash man, ....hell if my dog had fingers she'd flip me off too.
Logan_IDR (04-11-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Ever get flipped off?

Old 04-11-2018, 04:13 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Maybe, but it does violate the rules of common courtesy practiced by many for decades but has somehow become lost in the millennial generation, and in many places, it does violate traffic laws where signs are posted indicating left lane is for passing only.

I always try to be courteous & considerate, and also expect the same from others. some people think that holding traffic to, the posted speed limit, is their right. what's so hard about moving to the right when necessary?. I'm of the opinion that as long as the flow of traffic, is moving along, no problem. I've been doing 75mph ( 65 mph limit ), and been passed by the highway patrol. I find it hard to believe that doing 5-10 above the limit is any safer than doing the limit.
it's not the speeding, it's the stopping ( i.e. crashing ) that's the problem. it seems it's more about dropping to the lowest level
( slower drivers ) that will keep people happy.
oh well, looks like i'll continue to be pissing off some people!
Old 04-11-2018, 04:30 PM
Reckedhim
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Haha, full of ****? We are in wi . You are welcome to come join us anytime. And what does being a woman have anything to do with it? If your woman can't handle 100 mph you're with the wrong woman.
And when we drive, we drive. No cells, putting on makeup up or eating cereal, yes saw that too while driving.
Based on your username, I assume you're in Madison?
Old 04-11-2018, 04:31 PM
J3TVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 405 Likes on 290 Posts

Just reading this thread reminded me of the Fast and Furious, perhaps you took it too seriously. Look, someone grabbed your picture.

Quick Reply: Ever get flipped off?