C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever get flipped off?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by madcityeric
Curious, for those getting on their soap boxes about driving 100mph. Why did you get a Vette? Do you serious just drive the speed limit all the time? Or do you take it to the track?
I bought a Vette to drive it.
I get the bird because I drive the exact speed limit every time I drive it. Track events are frequent and exist for a reason, 100mph on a highway is very reckless, you aren't the only person on the road and can in no way account for the hundreds of other variable (i.e. drivers).

There's no need to drive like a dick and risk others, I bought my vette to rag out on the track, which is where the car belongs, not dogshit unprepped highways.
The following users liked this post:
mellojoe (04-12-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 11:53 AM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 336 Posts
Default Passing lane

I've only been on this forum since 01/2017, but this topic to me, has generated the most heated replies.
not sure why(?).

I've posted a few replies that I hope, have been civil & not too judgmental.
It appears that most people feel a little bolder in print, then in person.
hopefully, those people are little more restrained while driving.
I do like to drive a little spirited than the average driver, but it is corvette, so I do open it up a little more, but while also being respectful of other drivers.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:28 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by J.Moore
I've been with many women in my day and not 1 ever drove any car 100 mph on the city streets or highways.
*cough* On the freeway, but only once -- I don't know what got into me, and I know it was reckless. I do frequently hit the 90s, not sure if there's much difference. If I get a section of freeway all to myself, I can't resist.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:32 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default passing lane

Originally Posted by the kid C6
*cough* On the freeway, but only once -- I don't know what got into me, and I know it was reckless. I do frequently hit the 90s, not sure if there's much difference. If I get a section of freeway all to myself, I can't resist.

I'm with you, when the freeway is open, I find it hard to not press it a bit. if the traffic doesn't allow it, then I bide my time.
the best are the back roads in the central valley. long & straight and hardly any traffic. tested the limits ( my limits actually ) a few times.
try to be a good boy on the local roads.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:38 PM
mellojoe
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by madcityeric
Curious, for those getting on their soap boxes about driving 100mph. Why did you get a Vette? Do you serious just drive the speed limit all the time? Or do you take it to the track?
I bought a Vette to drive it.
For the record: my Corvette is a daily driver. But I also do track days. Find a legal outlet for your speed. There's a reason why you shouldn't be doing 30+ mph over the speed limit. Drive safe on public roads for the safety of everyone. But drive as fast as you want on tracks and road courses, where you can do it legally and safely and everyone else around you is aware of your intention to drive flat out. Not on public roads where Average-Joe is driving his kids and swerves to avoid debris in the road ... (or other scenario in which someone has to cut in front of you which would normally be a safe behavior but becomes deadly when someone else is speeding 30+mph over the limit).
Old 04-12-2018, 01:00 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 707 Posts

Originally Posted by harleypower69
A few observations about this thread.
1. Rudeness is still rampant on this Forum.
2. The most vehement about the OP's velocity are members with thousands of posts who evidently do not drive their American sports car at speed. Get out of your chair, away from the keyboard and drive. I suggest you might benefit from some training at the track to learn the capabilities of your car. The OP posed a question about frequency of being flipped off not if you thought he was a blankety blank for driving swiftly. His car, his choice about possible consequences.
3. I don't care if other carbon based life forms give me a single digit for whatever reason. I am comfortable in my own skin and could give a rats *** about anyone's expressive discontent. This was a great Forum until these monkeys climbed up the tree and exposed there nuts for all to see. FFS respect yourself and respect your fellow enthusiasts.

Judge not less you be judged.
Says the guy judging others about speaking up about someone breaking the law and endangering others on the highway....Priceless.

Can't make this **** up..
Old 04-12-2018, 01:10 PM
harleypower69
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default another troll who posts alot, OH MY

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Says the guy judging others about speaking up about someone breaking the law and endangering others on the highway....Priceless.

Can't make this **** up..
Coming from the keyboard of a 14,000 plus poster pretty much proves my point.

Are you a social control agent? When you aren't wasting bandwidth.

I am thankful every day that I grew up without the advent of traffic radar, traffic lasers, cell phones and the Internet. All this technology cut back our freedom to actually drive our cars.
09ZR1 (04-14-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 01:18 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Coming from the keyboard of a 14,000 plus poster pretty much proves my point.

Are you a social control agent? When you aren't wasting bandwidth.

I am thankful every day that I grew up without the advent of traffic radar, traffic lasers, cell phones and the Internet. All this technology cut back our freedom to actually drive our cars.
So people who don't agree with a couple of idiots weaving in and out of traffic at 100mph endangering peoples loved ones are social control agents?

Looks like you're the social control agent seeing your worried about my post count.

News flash, it's a public forum....
Old 04-12-2018, 01:30 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default passing lane

we've seem to gotten on track here.
maybe a new topic will bring us back together.

favorite roads
most creative packaging / loading
best looking rear floor mat

most of these I'm sure have been discussed before, but it looks we need to take a breather here.

let's save the anger for the ford guys.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by cgladish
we've seem to gotten on track here.
maybe a new topic will bring us back together.

favorite roads
most creative packaging / loading
best looking rear floor mat

most of these I'm sure have been discussed before, but it looks we need to take a breather here.

let's save the anger for the ford guys.
Here's a new one......wtf makes a 70 Chevelle LS6 worth over $100,000?? Are they that rare?
Old 04-12-2018, 02:28 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane
I get the bird because I drive the exact speed limit every time I drive it. Track events are frequent and exist for a reason, 100mph on a highway is very reckless, you aren't the only person on the road and can in no way account for the hundreds of other variable (i.e. drivers).

There's no need to drive like a dick and risk others, I bought my vette to rag out on the track, which is where the car belongs, not dogshit unprepped highways.
I sure hope when YOU are the one that goes the exact speed limit, you are not in the #1 lane backing up traffic. That lane is and always will be for passing. Not idiots who think the #1 lane is for sight seeing at 65mph while using their cell phone.

Last edited by Vet Interested; 04-12-2018 at 02:29 PM.
09ZR1 (04-14-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 02:29 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default '70 chevelle

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Here's a new one......wtf makes a 70 Chevelle LS6 worth over $100,000?? Are they that rare?

I think it's an "emperors new clothes" thing.
you tell people it's worth a lot, and they believe it.
along with them having $$$ they did not have when, these cars were new, you get people trying to relive their youth.
too bad for the real enthusiast.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

The same thing that makes a '70 Hemi Cuda worth WAY over $100,000. Rare and high demand!
Old 04-12-2018, 02:38 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

WOOOOAAAA !! Did I see a post where someone stated that "His car, his choice, he'll have to suffer any consequences". What about all the other people on the road that he might take with him ??? This type of altitude just about sums up why our society has sunken into the abyss of "Me Me Me"......Help us Mr. Wizard....
R&L's C6 (04-12-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 02:40 PM
marinablu67
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane

I"m surprised you can even do the speed limit in LA LA Land!
Old 04-12-2018, 02:42 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

For 100 grand I'll have a new Z06 in the garage and still have a pocket full of spending cash..
Old 04-12-2018, 03:09 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

A few observations about this thread.
1. Rudeness is still rampant on this Forum.
2. The most vehement about the OP's velocity are members with thousands of posts who evidently do not drive their American sports car at speed. Get out of your chair, away from the keyboard and drive. I suggest you might benefit from some training at the track to learn the capabilities of your car. The OP posed a question about frequency of being flipped off not if you thought he was a blankety blank for driving swiftly. His car, his choice about possible consequences.
3. I don't care if other carbon based life forms give me a single digit for whatever reason. I am comfortable in my own skin and could give a rats *** about anyone's expressive discontent. This was a great Forum until these monkeys climbed up the tree and exposed there nuts for all to see. FFS respect yourself and respect your fellow enthusiasts.

Judge not less you be judged.
I'm not sure what monkeys in trees have to do with anything or how it's related to the subject here but are you saying it's not a great forum anymore? I doubt there is any car forum anywhere where it's all sunshine and lollypops in every thread no matter the subject. Post something silly and ask for responses and you're gonna get ridicule no matter what.
Oh, and you've been here nearly 5 years and have only 42 posts. Maybe you should participate more and help Make this American forum Great Again.

Last edited by EVRose; 04-12-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Ever get flipped off?

Old 04-12-2018, 03:11 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

So much butt hurt here.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:15 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by EVRose
I'm not sure what monkeys in trees have to do with anything or how it's related to the subject here but are you saying it's not a great forum anymore? I doubt there is any car forum anywhere where it's all sunshine and lollypops in every thread no matter the subject. Post something silly and ask for responses and you're gonna get ridicule no matter what.
Oh, and you've been here nearly 5 years and have only 42 posts. Maybe you should participate more and help Make this American forum Great Again.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner....

Old 04-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Vet Interested
I sure hope when YOU are the one that goes the exact speed limit, you are not in the #1 lane backing up traffic. That lane is and always will be for passing. Not idiots who think the #1 lane is for sight seeing at 65mph while using their cell phone.
We don't have that law here, all lanes are for all traffic, save for multiple axle vehicles, plus there's so much traffic here it's rare we can ever drive the speed limit at all.

Originally Posted by marinablu67
I"m surprised you can even do the speed limit in LA LA Land!
Saw this after I responded, truest story ever.

Last edited by Shaolin Crane; 04-12-2018 at 03:27 PM.
marinablu67 (04-12-2018)

Quick Reply: Ever get flipped off?