C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Vs C5 - Lock/Unlock Options "Passive"

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 06:53 PM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Default C6 Vs C5 - Lock/Unlock Options "Passive"

Hey guys,

I had a C5 for over a decade. I had set up all the Options set to Auto.
1) The Passive mode would be ON: The car automatically Locked as you walked away and would Unlock automatically when you approached it. 2) The lights & horn were also set to ON, so each time the car Locked/Unlocked lights would go ON and horn sound.

Issue #1) Now, coming to C6 - I have same setting - All Auto ON. The car Locks as you walk away (horn & lights working). But when you approach the car, the lights don't turn ON and it doesn't automatically unlock. I could be standing next to the car and it will still stay locked, unless I press the pressure button in the door to unlock it. Is the Norm for C6? If yes, then how do you get the lights to come on as you approach? How does the Passive work?

Issue #2) The Red Alarm light in the door stays OFF all the time. It only turns on when you press the pressure button in the door, Without the FOB in your pocket. It stays on for hardly a second. The horn makes NO noise. Is this Norm?

Thanks for your help?
Old 05-13-2018, 07:14 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Vette_Fan
But when you approach the car, the lights don't turn ON and it doesn't automatically unlock. I could be standing next to the car and it will still stay locked, unless I press the pressure button in the door to unlock it. Is the Norm for C6? If yes, then how do you get the lights to come on as you approach? How does the Passive work?
Car stays locked until you either press the unlock button on the fob or until you pull on the door handle to open the door.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:35 PM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 253 Posts

Hey guys,

I had a C5 for over a decade. I had set up all the Options set to Auto.
1) The Passive mode would be ON: The car automatically Locked as you walked away and would Unlock automatically when you approached it. 2) The lights & horn were also set to ON, so each time the car Locked/Unlocked lights would go ON and horn sound.

Issue #1) Now, coming to C6 - I have same setting - All Auto ON. The car Locks as you walk away (horn & lights working). But when you approach the car, the lights don't turn ON and it doesn't automatically unlock. I could be standing next to the car and it will still stay locked, unless I press the pressure button in the door to unlock it. Is the Norm for C6? If yes, then how do you get the lights to come on as you approach? How does the Passive work?

Issue #2) The Red Alarm light in the door stays OFF all the time. It only turns on when you press the pressure button in the door, Without the FOB in your pocket. It stays on for hardly a second. The horn makes NO noise. Is this Norm?

Thanks for your help?
I just checked mine and no lights other than a quick flash of the hazards once I touch the door. If I use my fob to unlock. then the approach lights (headlights) come on to light my way.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:46 PM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Car stays locked until you either press the unlock button on the fob or until you pull on the door handle to open the door.
Originally Posted by jdvann
I just checked mine and no lights other than a quick flash of the hazards once I touch the door. If I use my fob to unlock. then the approach lights (headlights) come on to light my way.
You're on the money. So the answer is this is Norm in a C6. Which now brings another questions -

I have valet device hooked up for the windows. The # 3 feature doesn't work. NO horn tweets when I tried to pull the handle to open (without the FOB nearby)

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dow-valet.html
Old 05-14-2018, 02:31 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Vette Fan your after market device is going to make all the answers so far possibly null and void, as this may make all the settings that the rest of us know, possibly not work as the OM describes.

You will be better off asking the manufacturer about how settings are supposed to work with this device installed.
The following users liked this post:
Molson178 (05-14-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 03:48 AM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Originally Posted by owc6
Vette Fan your after market device is going to make all the answers so far possibly null and void, as this may make all the settings that the rest of us know, possibly not work as the OM describes.

You will be better off asking the manufacturer about how settings are supposed to work with this device installed.
Thought so.... Thanks!
Old 05-14-2018, 09:48 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

You're on the money. So the answer is this is Norm in a C6. Which now brings another questions -

I have valet device hooked up for the windows. The # 3 feature doesn't work. NO horn tweets when I tried to pull the handle to open (without the FOB nearby)

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dow-valet.html
Was it locked when you tried that? I have the window valet and it does the 3 horn tweets.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:43 AM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Originally Posted by EVRose
Was it locked when you tried that? I have the window valet and it does the 3 horn tweets.
Yes. I walk away, it auto locks with one horn tweet. It remains locked... I left the remote inside the house and tried to pull on the door handle (as if trying to open the door). The Red (alarm) light came on for a second, but no horn tweet...

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Vs C5 - Lock/Unlock Options "Passive"

Quick Reply: C6 Vs C5 - Lock/Unlock Options "Passive"