C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Prize Chevrolet of Nanuet, NY

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 11:09 AM
ACI NY
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Grand Prize Chevrolet of Nanuet, NY

Just a heads-up folks. If you live in NY and use this dealer for repairs be sure to watch these people like a hawk!

I had my 2013 Z06 in for warranty work and person(s) at this dealership drove the car for 20 unauthorized miles. This mileage was documented on the outbound receipt. Plus, a 1/4 tank of gas was missing and the car was excessively dirty + having a soiled DS carpet.

Two people at the dealership have already admitted the miles were definitely unwarranted & excessive. They even admitted that 3 different people actually drove the car while it was there. WTF? However, management/ownership seems unwilling to take any responsibility for this behavior.

I now have Chevrolet corporate involved and will update the thread as warranted.

It's really a shame that dealers can have such disrespect for their customer's hard-earned property.

Hold these dealerships accountable people...
The following users liked this post:
Jstan2014 (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 11:16 AM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by ACI NY
Just a heads-up folks. If you live in NY and use this dealer for repairs be sure to watch these people like a hawk!

I had my 2013 Z06 in for warranty work and person(s) at this dealership drove the car for 20 unauthorized miles. This mileage was documented on the outbound receipt. Plus, a 1/4 tank of gas was missing and the car was excessively dirty + having a soiled DS carpet.

Two people at the dealership have already admitted the miles were definitely unwarranted & excessive. They even admitted that 3 different people actually drove the car while it was there. WTF? However, management/ownership seems unwilling to take any responsibility for this behavior.

I now have Chevrolet corporate involved and will update the thread as warranted.

It's really a shame that dealers can have such disrespect for their customer's hard-earned property.

Hold these dealerships accountable people...
The ONLY good thing is they did not damage the car. But it should not have happened to begin with. I wonder how hard they drove it?
Old 05-22-2018, 11:22 AM
ACI NY
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vet Interested
The ONLY good thing is they did not damage the car. But it should not have happened to begin with. I wonder how hard they drove it?
I had the car looked over by someone who does my non warranty work and it seemed OK. However, yes, there's no way of knowing what they actually did in those 20 miles. Very disappointing behavior...
Old 05-22-2018, 11:52 AM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts

Ugh, I hate hearing **** like this. How would these people feel if roles were reversed? I remember hearing a crazy story about a C7 Z06 on those forums where the owner had all kinds of recorded information from the same thing happen.

This is why I would be so hesitant to leave my car anywhere. Especially being a H/C/I/E car. It sucks we have to worry about this stuff.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:12 PM
ACI NY
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Frankie15
Ugh, I hate hearing **** like this. How would these people feel if roles were reversed? I remember hearing a crazy story about a C7 Z06 on those forums where the owner had all kinds of recorded information from the same thing happen.

This is why I would be so hesitant to leave my car anywhere. Especially being a H/C/I/E car. It sucks we have to worry about this stuff.
x2, yes, but we dont have a lot of choices when warranty work is needed either. You have to use who's close to you, it's just really bad that the dealers would even employ people like this...
Old 05-22-2018, 01:18 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I once had a Dodge Daytona many years ago I brought in for service. I go to the dealership to check up on the car, in comes my car driven by a mechanic with a McDonalds bag of food. Took the car for a joy ride and then picked up lunch.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:48 PM
Welker1
Melting Slicks

Received 555 Likes on 464 Posts

When I brought mine for it's first servicing after buying it back in 2006, I dropped it off before work and picked it up when I got off. Fortunately, I have always noted the mileage and reset the trip meter, taking a picture of both on the DIC/odometer. When I went to pick it up, I checked and it had a littler over 30 miles additional miles. I immediately called the Service Manager over and pointed it out. He tried to give me some BS story about how the mechanic probably took it out for a test to ensure everything was OK. I then immediately asked him to get the dealership manager and, with the service manager still there, pointed out to him the extra miles, that my car was only in for servicing and the service manager tried to give me some BS story about a 'test' drive. He assured me he would find out who the mechanic or tech was that drove the vehicle, refunded me my money for the servicing that was done, had my car completely detailed and gave me a full tank of gas (I around 1/2 tank when I dropped it off). When the car was done, he informed me he had found out who drove and would be 'taking the appropriate actions'. He also told me next scheduled servicing would be free. Never took him up on his offer as I never took my car there again.

Since this incident, I now only schedule to bring any of my vehicles to a dealership when I can sit and wait for it to be serviced.

Last edited by Welker1; 05-22-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:33 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Another great reason to stay out of dealerships!
Old 05-22-2018, 04:14 PM
ACI NY
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Welker1
When I brought mine for it's first servicing after buying it back in 2006, I dropped it off before work and picked it up when I got off. Fortunately, I have always noted the mileage and reset the trip meter, taking a picture of both on the DIC/odometer. When I went to pick it up, I checked and it had a littler over 30 miles additional miles. I immediately called the Service Manager over and pointed it out. He tried to give me some BS story about how the mechanic probably took it out for a test to ensure everything was OK. I then immediately asked him to get the dealership manager and, with the service manager still there, pointed out to him the extra miles, that my car was only in for servicing and the service manager tried to give me some BS story about a 'test' drive. He assured me he would find out who the mechanic or tech was that drove the vehicle, refunded me my money for the servicing that was done, had my car completely detailed and gave me a full tank of gas (I around 1/2 tank when I dropped it off). When the car was done, he informed me he had found out who drove and would be 'taking the appropriate actions'. He also told me next scheduled servicing would be free. Never took him up on his offer as I never took my car there again.

Since this incident, I now only schedule to bring any of my vehicles to a dealership when I can sit and wait for it to be serviced.
Very similar lols, will need to do the same...
Old 05-22-2018, 04:21 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Vet Interested
I wonder how hard they drove it?

I think we can all pretty much accurately guess the answer to this one.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:20 PM
DezVette
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Old 05-22-2018, 05:27 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

When I drop my car off for service I set my dash cam to constant recording. That way I can see how they are treating my car while it's off and they are working on it, how they store it after hours, and how they drive it if they did need to. I also have the added benefit to hear what they are saying as they diagnose the problem if the windows are down.

Fortunately I've been pleasantly surprised except for the fact they they all say they will put it inside overnight but leave it in the lot instead.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:46 PM
ACI NY
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
I think we can all pretty much accurately guess the answer to this one.
Yeah, I know. They left another message today basically deflecting responsibility again...
Old 05-22-2018, 08:52 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Never And I mean never use this dealership for purchase or service.

There have over the past 20 years been three owners.

I’ve bought 4 vehicles from them. I’ve always made the deals easy for them and we were always done in 20minutes..

When it came to service these guys have tried to screw me in so many ways..

I could type the various stories but rather than do that...just know this dealership service department is horrible.

At this point I would NOT let them put air in my tires..

Last edited by JerriVette; 05-23-2018 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Would NOT let them
The following users liked this post:
GRCTampa (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 11:14 PM
Jimang
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the warning. I live in Stony Point and was contemplating using them for service on my 2010 GS. This made up my mind and will go to Marchese.

ACI, You should print out this thread and show it to owner of the dealerships.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:56 AM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

What was the car in for specifically?
Old 05-23-2018, 05:56 AM
S.C. vette
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by jrose7004
Another great reason to stay out of dealerships!
x2
Old 05-23-2018, 06:12 AM
SK '08
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by jrose7004
Another great reason to stay out of stealerships!
Fixed it for ya !
Old 05-23-2018, 02:25 PM
WhiteDevil828
Burning Brakes

Received 378 Likes on 177 Posts

Back in 2012 I went in for what I knew, after doing some research of the symptoms, was a body control module issue. They insisted it was a brake control module issue. After much discussion I gave in and they replaced the brake CM. After driving the car for less than a day the same issues reoccurred. Brought it back, they replaced the Body CM. Haven’t had any issues since. Only problem is I had to pay for an unnecessary repair, not to mention the loss of use and the dusty, dirty condition it was in when I picked it up. Found they spilled some oily substance on the door panel also. I did complain to the manager and he discounted the second repair so I only paid for the parts. Still cost more than if they just listened the first time. The whole experience left me feeling I was taken advantage of. Sucks because they’re so close to home but I just can’t trust them anymore.

Get notified of new replies

To Grand Prize Chevrolet of Nanuet, NY

Quick Reply: Grand Prize Chevrolet of Nanuet, NY