C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing seat skin tips

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 02:23 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,911 Likes on 4,292 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Default Installing seat skin tips

So many know I’ve been waiting for a set of custom seat skins for over 9 weeks now. I got fed up with the GS just sitting in the garage & Tj25 was kind enough to sell me a set of OEM skins in brand new condition. I installed them this morning & now have the seats back in my car

I wanted to share a couple tips I did when putting them back on that may make it easier for others.

1. Drill 2 additional holes in the plastic strip on the inside of the side bolsters & one hole in the seat back (upper corner each side. This will allow you to attached them with 3 additional retainer clips on each side for a nice snug fit. You’ll see the additional retainers in the pics.

2. When reinstalling the recline handle on the side there is a little clip that slides in a slot at the bottom of the handle to hold it in place once connected. I found it easier to install the clip in the handle when off - squeeze with pair of needle-nose pliers when the clip is in place then give the handle a nice little smack with your fist when you install it & it’ll snap into place.

3. Picked up this bag of 100 nylon fasteners at O'Reiley's for $7 & they were a perfect fit for the holes in the seatbacks.

Was so excited to be able to drive the car, pulled it out of the garage and then a storm rolled in, so back in the garage she went

Last edited by JABCAT; 05-25-2018 at 02:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tj25 (05-25-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 05:32 PM
bartsky
Safety Car

Received 337 Likes on 247 Posts

Good job! I knew by that last pic that you were in here in Texas...
Old 05-25-2018, 05:39 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Originally Posted by bartsky
Good job! I knew by that last pic that you were in here in Texas...
yes in deed. Cleared up & dried up so I was finally able to take her for a spin. Maybe it's because I've haven't driven it in so long, but I put all new foam in the driver's seat & the seat rebuild kit with extra foam blocks & the seat bottom still felt kinda flat, idk
Old 05-25-2018, 06:00 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Received 522 Likes on 370 Posts

They look good but the wrinkles (for me) would be totally unacceptable. Other members who have done seat skins say to leave the car in the sun (heat) and the wrinkles come out. I
was also thinking of putting in a new drivers skin on my GS but this is the reason I don't want it done by me or anybody else.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:08 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Originally Posted by Oh Boy
They look good but the wrinkles (for me) would be totally unacceptable. Other members who have done seat skins say to leave the car in the sun (heat) and the wrinkles come out. I
was also thinking of putting in a new drivers skin on my GS but this is the reason I don't want it done by me or anybody else.
Thanks - there’s no wrinkles once they were all bolted in.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:54 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,192 Likes on 2,681 Posts

Originally Posted by Oh Boy
He lives in Texas, I think thats a given.

Get notified of new replies

To Installing seat skin tips

Quick Reply: Installing seat skin tips