C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most Hated Widebody FLARED C6 Corvette Update Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 06:43 PM
corvette312
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

I love the wide body !!! I love the hood !!! That's my kind of hood, awesome !!! Good taste, sweet Vette, beastly ride !!!
Old 06-14-2018, 06:46 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Nothing wrong with the car except the stick-on fender flairs. If they were properly molded into the fenders they would look fine. Just my opinion.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:48 PM
Zr6xChris
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ig: Ls3_Chris love your widebody vette my friend!
Old 06-14-2018, 07:30 PM
mellojoe
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts

I love, love, LOVE these over-the-top stylings for the Corvette. Too many people leave them stock-like, and there aren't enough examples of what you can do if you let your imagination run wild. Both these are amazing.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:44 PM
iw172
Drifting

Location: Retired early,everyday is Saturday...Hocking Hills Ohio
Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

bad ***! this car looks impressive as hell! easy to see it is more than “just a car” to you...
Old 06-14-2018, 09:50 PM
Dave1998
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
Nothing wrong with the car except the stick-on fender flairs. If they were properly molded into the fenders they would look fine. Just my opinion.
I have to agree. Those stick on flares make it look like a ricer mod.
Spend the extra $$$ and do it right
Old 06-14-2018, 10:21 PM
ZachLegend
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you all for the kind words. It really means a lot, you guys are awesome. Especially just those being open minded and positive, this community can really improve with that attitude, and it makes me proud to be part of it. Answers to all the questions I can find below

Originally Posted by Tj25
looks good man.

where do you get those flares??

also the hood complimented the out of ordinary fender flares in a very good way

thumbs up
They're made by TruFiber. My car was the prototype, but they're for sale now for quite affordable. $899 for front and $899 for rear, no need for new fender liners either.

Originally Posted by mcm95403
The only thing I don't like is the too-narrow tires for the wheel width - then again, it's YOUR car not mine, so whatever makes YOU happy is cool
Not huge on them either, but after rubbing on the flares and cracking the fiberglass, I had no choice but go with quite a stretch. Figured it was better than running camber haha.

Originally Posted by Judgebull
I like it... looks like a Vette on steroids... don’t let the nay sayers dig on you... if you like it... that’s all that counts... how much did all your mods cost and about how many man hours did it take to get it the way you want it. Did you do the work yourself or have it or some of it hired out... nice one of a kind creation.
Thank you very much!! I've been very fortunate with partial sponsorships on major parts such as the hood, wheels, and wide body. But the value of the mods adds up to around $20k Most of the major body work was done by my body shop, but a decent amount was done by me. Gotta get your hands dirty sometimes!

Originally Posted by Jackie Chan
Any video of the hydraulics making it bounce up and down?
It's not bagged....YET!!

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane
That's the only thing I see that bugs me but that's a preference thing. I think it looks dope.

Also looks like Long Beach in the background
You are right sir. The ports in Long Beach.

Originally Posted by BigB72
what color is that called?
LeMans Blue. Love it.

Originally Posted by mellojoe
I love, love, LOVE these over-the-top stylings for the Corvette. Too many people leave them stock-like, and there aren't enough examples of what you can do if you let your imagination run wild. Both these are amazing.
Me too!!! Thank you very much. And yes that black C6 is BADASS, an online icon.

Originally Posted by Dave1998
I have to agree. Those stick on flares make it look like a ricer mod.
Spend the extra $$$ and do it right
This is what it's primarily hated on for here. Thing is, I WANT over fender flares, I think it looks awesome. I love how they cut off on the bottom and show tons of tire. I had no interest in doing the z06 widebody conversion.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:28 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

I didn't realize they did the fronts. Do you have any closer pics by chance?
Old 06-14-2018, 11:20 PM
Zealot
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by ZachLegend
This is what it's primarily hated on for here. Thing is, I WANT over fender flares, I think it looks awesome. I love how they cut off on the bottom and show tons of tire. I had no interest in doing the z06 widebody conversion.
I think hate is a strong word. I love the flow of the over fender flares, the style is nice. If it was my personal car though I would like joins to be glassed into the stock fenders. Maybe if they made whole fender replacements? But really it's your car and all that matters is the you like it.

Z
Old 06-14-2018, 11:45 PM
KevDude
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 66 Posts

Looks pretty cool. Congratulations
Old 06-15-2018, 04:08 AM
keithd
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The headrest embroidering is not my thing, but the rest of the car is fine looks-wise.

Definitely would not have gone with superstretched tires as I don't think the tire maker meant for the sidewalls to do that. Either narrower wheels or work out the bodywork to clear wider rubber.

But hate it? Nah, it's good.

Last edited by keithd; 06-15-2018 at 04:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
J3TVETTE (06-19-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 05:13 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

The tires look too narrow for the wheels, I have never seen a tire where the rim sticks out past the tire. Nice looking car.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:20 AM
PuckDracon
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I like everything but the exposed bead/stretched tire look as well .

Look on the bright side, at least it doesn't have black wheels - then you REALLY would have been flamed .
Old 06-15-2018, 08:59 AM
Smokinvette72
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks HOT !!

Originally Posted by ZachLegend
Hey guys! Posted my baby a few months ago when the widebody kit was installed, and was proceeded to be absolutely flamed by the Corvette purists on this forum. Which is fine. But some people did enjoy it, which is cool and I appreciate you all, even those who hate my car. This car has been embraced by the stance community and actually taken home trophies at shows (I know, quite a shock to me also), since we last spoke, so I figured I'd stop by with an update.

Have added tons of parts including:
VIS Carbon Fiber Hood, Zero6 Front Lip, ZR1 Carbon Fiber Side Skirts, Carbon Fiber OEM Style Rear Diffuser, Carbon Fiber ZR1 Extended Rear Spoiler, Custom Interior & Seats, Carbon Fiber Emblems, Carbon Fiber Door Handles.

My flame-suit is on, I'm ready. Have at it!

P.S: Likely still not returning to these forums full time, if you want to see more of this car follow me at @ddizach on Instagram

Old 06-15-2018, 10:40 AM
SK '08
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 78 Posts

I ain't gonna flame you, that is dope ! I definitely like it !! The body mods complement the Corvette, not detract. Looks sleek & even sexier. Kudos to you, man !!
Only thing I'd recommend is better fitting tires for those wheels.

Last edited by SK '08; 06-15-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:53 AM
tomlink
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 124 Posts

Definitely in the Japanese Liberty Walk tacked-on flares/stretched-tire style.

Don't see it as much in the U.S. but still cool.

Last edited by tomlink; 06-15-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:10 PM
mellojoe
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
The tires look too narrow for the wheels, I have never seen a tire where the rim sticks out past the tire. Nice looking car.
The drift crowd loves stretched tires and thin sidewalls. It allows for snap changes of direction while sliding the car. It makes for some very beautiful car handling.

The show cars like the stretched tires to really show off the massive rims and deep dish.

Get notified of new replies

To Most Hated Widebody FLARED C6 Corvette Update Pics

Old 06-15-2018, 03:00 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by mellojoe
The drift crowd loves stretched tires and thin sidewalls. It allows for snap changes of direction while sliding the car. It makes for some very beautiful car handling.

The show cars like the stretched tires to really show off the massive rims and deep dish.
It's really more to fit a wheel combo that otherwise wouldn't clear with a proper sized tire. Stretching it also helps with massive negative camber.

The drifting thing may have been true at one point but when I go to events I rarely see stretched tires anymore.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:19 PM
Corvette_Nut
Melting Slicks

Location: Hailing From The Mean Streets Of Irvine, California
Received 4,153 Likes on 1,314 Posts

Ah yes, nothing like an 'impromptu photo shoot' at the Maersk Terminals....

I'm diggin' the look. Well done. Congrats

Save The Wave,
Corvette_Nut
Old 06-15-2018, 07:31 PM
danm1
Racer

Received 249 Likes on 90 Posts

Love this car, this is the way it should have come from the factory, it's a huge improvement in appearance and style. Don't listen to the flamers, these are guys who can't afford to modify their own Vettes so they're jealous.

Quick Reply: Most Hated Widebody FLARED C6 Corvette Update Pics