C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette C6 sensor unplugged!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 10:48 AM
Kingali
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette C6 sensor unplugged!

Can anyone tell me where to put this sensor back it is hanging out under the fuse box. Please check the picture and advise.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:05 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,368 Likes on 907 Posts

It is the pigtail for the underhood light. Most do not have the hood light. The harness is there if you want to add it.

Last edited by BlindSpot; 06-20-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:13 AM
Kingali
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BlindSpot
It is the pigtail for the underhood light. Most do not have the hood light. The harness is there if you want to add it.
Shouldi leave it like that hanging? Need to plug in somewhere?
Old 06-20-2018, 11:45 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Kingali
Shouldi leave it like that hanging? Need to plug in somewhere?
No, nothing to plug it into unless you have the light. Every C6 has it. It just sits there...waiting for a hood light.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:25 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

I'm not sure where that plug goes or what it's for but it's not the under hood light connector. The under hood light harness/connector is attached to the passenger side of the radiator.
The following users liked this post:
449er (06-21-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 12:54 PM
Kingali
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BlindSpot
No, nothing to plug it into unless you have the light. Every C6 has it. It just sits there...waiting for a hood light.
Sure will leave it like that than......
Old 06-20-2018, 01:59 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Looks like the F55 connector for the MRC front shock, which looks like someone tuned out the F55 module in the BCM, and installed non MRC shocks in the car isntead. If you look under the radator tank on the other side, will see another connector just like it not connected to anything else as well (in the video linked below at 2:10). Also, will have two more connectors at the rear of the car/ top of shock locations that are not connected as well.

Hence if you still had MRC shocks in the car, then there would be a connector on the top of the shock to plug the connectors in question into.

As for how we can tell if the F55 module was tuned out of the BCM or not with a tech II, if f55 was still active in the BCM, you would be getting trouble codes is simulators where not connected to the connectors and the F55 module still active in the BCM isntead.

Also, dead give away, the top washer on the oem shocks is black/ not silver. Also, the glove box sticker will have F55 on it/will have a tour/sport **** on the center of your center console that does nothing when flipped to either setting since the MRC shocks where replace with none MRC shocks and the F55 module turned off from the BCM.
Note, someone may have pulled the F55 ****/ tombstone and replace it with a standard blank tombstone if a older C6 isntead. The blank tombstone are about $14 if you still have the F55 **** still in play and doing nothing now.

If you have a newer vet where the F55 control is integrated into the center console piece, it gets more expensive, since is not just the small tombstone that you replace to a blank one, but have to remove the entire center console to one that does not have the F55 hole isntead.

As for the MRC shock/F55 system delete, if a good or bad thing, just depends on the extent of what was done. If the shocks where swapped with Bilstein sports or Koni FSD's and the front sway bay swapped out with a Fe3, then this improved the handling of the car.

Hell if just Bilstein HD's where the only swap, then still a semi good thing, so long as you did not want the softer ride of the MRC shocks in tour mode isntead.

Last edited by Dano523; 06-20-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:32 PM
Kingali
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dano523
Looks like the F55 connector for the MRC front shock, which looks like someone tuned out the F55 module in the BCM, and installed non MRC shocks in the car isntead. If you look under the radator tank on the other side, will see another connector just like it not connected to anything else as well. Also, will have two more connectors at the rear of the car top of shock locations that are not connected as well.

Hence if you still had MRC shocks in the car, then there would be a connector on the top of the shock to plug the connectors into,

As for how we can tell if the F55 module was tuned out of the BCM or not with a tech II, if f55 was still active in the BCM, you would be getting trouble codes is simulators where not connected to the connectors and the F55 module still active in the BCM isntead.

https://youtu.be/5tJl8XQ6Dzo

Also, dead give away will be the glove box sticker will have F55 on it, and will have a tour/sport **** on the center of your center console that does nothing when flipped to either setting since the MRC shocks where replace with none MRC shocks and the F55 module turned off from the BCM.

As for the MRC shock/F55 system delete, if a good or bad thing, just depends on the extent of what was done. If the shocks where swapped with Bilstein sports or Koni FSD's and the front sway bay swapped out with a Fe3, then this improved the handling of the car.

Hell if just Bilstein HD's where the only swap, then still a semi good thing, so long as you did not want the softer ride of the MRC shocks in tour mode isntead.
Your information sound right I believe the mechanic told me the previous car owner had deleted the four suspension sensor...... And I think maybe because of that I get board warnings most of the time traction control light and theft lights turn on.... My car sometimes stay on 2nd gear or sometime Max limit 138Km.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:10 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

My mistake. I thought someone possibly just rerouted the hood light connector.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:51 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingali
Your information sound right I believe the mechanic told me the previous car owner had deleted the four suspension sensor...... And I think maybe because of that I get board warnings most of the time traction control light and theft lights turn on.... My car sometimes stay on 2nd gear or sometime Max limit 138Km.
Pull the DTC's with a tech II, and list them here.

If the F55 module was deleted in the BCM programming correctly with a tech II, then none of the F55 type codes should be showing up to cause problems.

Hence F55 module has the ride height sensors and MRC connectors wired directly to it, and with it deleted in the BCM, the BCM will just ignore the F55 module and it parts to begin with.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette C6 sensor unplugged!

Quick Reply: Corvette C6 sensor unplugged!