C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Base front fascia reinforcement

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 06:37 AM
vetteOnTheRun
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default C6 Base front fascia reinforcement

I know most people are going to say that I dont need this and thats probably true. However I was wanting to know if the front fascia reinforcement for the ZR1/Z06/GS will fit the base model also??? I did some research and only seen it listed for the ZR1/GS/Z06. I do want to reinforce that area because with my luck I will probably have some issues in the future. The splitter I am going to install is very similar to this: Front Splitter. I really dont want to cut corners. I want to install it right from the beginning. Also if the is another way to reinforce this please share your ideas. Thanks
Old 06-22-2018, 09:21 AM
BigMonkey73
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Following
Old 06-22-2018, 11:24 AM
vetteOnTheRun
Racer

Originally Posted by vetteOnTheRun
I know most people are going to say that I dont need this and thats probably true. However I was wanting to know if the front fascia reinforcement for the ZR1/Z06/GS will fit the base model also??? I did some research and only seen it listed for the ZR1/GS/Z06. I do want to reinforce that area because with my luck I will probably have some issues in the future. The splitter I am going to install is very similar to this: Front Splitter. I really dont want to cut corners. I want to install it right from the beginning. Also if the is another way to reinforce this please share your ideas. Thanks
I am surprised that no else has had this same issue.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:39 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

the widebody reinforcement does not fit the base car............... numerous old topics here related to it if you use the "Search" function

You can fabricate your own, and it will work just as well, using thin strip aluminum. Not a difficult task at all.

it's purpose is to strengthen or reinforce the front fascia and any deformation the splitter may cause while running at high speeds

some have installed splitters without reported issues, others have had issues............ depending upon the style of splitter and how it was initially installed

larger bolts, washers, etc. or just the small screws and clip-in retainers..................
Old 06-22-2018, 12:03 PM
vetteOnTheRun
Racer

Originally Posted by rkj427
the widebody reinforcement does not fit the base car............... numerous old topics here related to it if you use the "Search" function

You can fabricate your own, and it will work just as well, using thin strip aluminum. Not a difficult task at all.

it's purpose is to strengthen or reinforce the front fascia and any deformation the splitter may cause while running at high speeds

some have installed splitters without reported issues, others have had issues............ depending upon the style of splitter and how it was initially installed

larger bolts, washers, etc. or just the small screws and clip-in retainers..................
I did the search and it came up with tons of stuff for the ZR1/Z06/GS, but nothing really about the base model. I am very interested with fabricating my own like your mentioned. I just need to find someone who has done this. Im sure its not difficult. Anyone who has done this before please dime in. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Base front fascia reinforcement

Quick Reply: C6 Base front fascia reinforcement