C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: Steering Bushing (DRM) Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 11:44 PM
anth115
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Help: Steering Bushing (DRM) Questions

Hey everyone. So I’m trying to install the DRM aluminum steering bushing that replaces the stock rubber one on the passenger side of the rack. The car is a 2006 z06.

I have a few questions before I proceed and would love some feedback from those who’ve done it/know:
  1. DRM provides 3 pics as guidance (1-3 below). The first pic provided by DRM shows two bolts to be loosened with nuts on the other side of each. The passenger one (pic 4) is easy to identify, but I’m unclear on which drivers side bolt to loosen. I think the pics Randy provided are from a C5 - a pic of what I see is attached (pics 5&6) Further, of those bolts, how do I get behind any of them to access the nut? Or is that only on the passenger side?
  2. The instructions elsewhere (forget where) say to apply red locktite to the 13mm nut on the steering rack (pic 7). Is that correct/necessary? I feel like I’d regret that if I ever need to service/replace the rack.
  3. I cannot find any info on torque specs for any of the hardware mentioned above. Can anyone advise on what that would be?
Thanks!

Last edited by anth115; 07-19-2018 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Stupid mobile formatting

Quick Reply: Help: Steering Bushing (DRM) Questions