C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Car Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 07:06 AM
C6 Monterey
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Best Car Cover?

Hello. I'm new to the Corvette world and this forum. Came from the opposite end of the spectrum....Lifted, extensively modified (including supercharged) Sierra to a Vette. Promised myself (and my wife) that I wouldn't follow in the footsteps of what I did to the truck (spending a PILE of money on mods)! So far so good!!

Basics: I have been looking for a car cover for my new 06 Base Vette. It is for winter storage in a heated parkade, BUT I would like some protection against door dings as my parking spots are tight.
Also would like some water repellency in case I use it outside every now and again. I was looking at the 4 layer Soft Shield and the Cover King but everyone bitches about the fit not being good for the mirrors.

Any suggestions from your experience would be great!
Old 09-29-2018, 06:29 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Monterey
Hello. I'm new to the Corvette world and this forum. Came from the opposite end of the spectrum....Lifted, extensively modified (including supercharged) Sierra to a Vette. Promised myself (and my wife) that I wouldn't follow in the footsteps of what I did to the truck (spending a PILE of money on mods)! So far so good!!

Basics: I have been looking for a car cover for my new 06 Base Vette. It is for winter storage in a heated parkade, BUT I would like some protection against door dings as my parking spots are tight.
Also would like some water repellency in case I use it outside every now and again. I was looking at the 4 layer Soft Shield and the Cover King but everyone bitches about the fit not being good for the mirrors.

Any suggestions from your experience would be great!
I have a Soft Shield by Corvettes America and I'm happy with it. In the attached picture it is still brand new so has some wrinkles but after it has been on for some time it fits very well. I've used it inside the garage to keep the dust off and the plush fleece liner has helped protect the car. last winter I wheeled my snow thrower past the car and hooked a wheel on an extension cord causing it to veer sideways into the side of the car. I was afraid to look but only ended up with a small tear in the fabric of the outer cover. I've also used this cover outside and it does repel water so it doesn't soak through. I can install and remove it by myself in a couple of minutes and only need a hand to roll it up tightly enough to put it back into its storage bag. It's about to go through its 3rd winter and it is holding up well. For long term storage I use a long bungee strap across underneath from side to side and that really makes it fit well, especially if it is used outside when its windy as it keeps the cover from inflating and flapping against the side of the car.

Last edited by Icecap; 09-29-2018 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:06 PM
corvette312
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

I use CoverKing cover. I use mine on a daily basis. I keep my 2007 Base outside. It deflects the heat very well and keeps it very well protected from the elements. I bought it through Costco. I really don't know if any cover will actually protects you from door dings, I assumed to a degree it might. But I believe any good cover that you will decide to get will do the job for you.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:22 PM
C6 Monterey
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks guys.

I ended up ordering a CoverKing Coverbond 4....so we'll see.

Get notified of new replies

To Best Car Cover?

Quick Reply: Best Car Cover?