C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM, help!! ):

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 09:20 PM
RighteousC6_
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM, help!! ):

So I’ve been fighting this service traction control problem for a week now and I can’t figure it out, the codes I get are

U0101 lost communication to TCM

P2176 minimum throttle position not learned

P1682 Ignition switch 1 circuit 2

So far I had the lost communication with the TCM and I cleaned up the TCM and added dielectric greese and was running perfect after that for a few months, this time I did the same with the TCM and got a new ignition switch and nothing seems to be fixing this problem

While trying to drive it, with the traction control alert i put it in D and it feels as if the brakes are locked or the Traction control is kicking in I can’t go over 1k RPM or so I really want to fix this problem before I have to tow it 1hr away from where I live to a Chevrolet dealer thank you! Oh! And mods are stock z06 headers,diablew tune, black wing SLP intake
Old 11-15-2018, 02:09 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,020 Likes on 2,175 Posts

What year vet?

the U code could be coming from a bad connection in the C184 connector.

P2176 is the Throttle body, and could be any problems of
Short to Ground
High Resistance
Open
Short to Voltage
Signal Performance

So could be wiring problem, or just need to pull the TB apart to clean up its internal contacts isntead (if swipers are not worn out). Once cleaned up and reassembled and back on the car, will need to do a throttle re-lean with a tech II.

P1682 is a open/high Resistance problem and centered around the crank relay.
So could be wiring, fuse box or relay, bad coil, splice S131 connector, the splice S135 connector, the ground splice S183 connector, or a bad connection in the C139 connector or problem at the ECM connector or ECM.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:15 AM
RighteousC6_
6th Gear

It’s a 2005 base
Old 11-15-2018, 02:44 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Start with the easy parts,

Pull the battery and next to in on the fender, your going to see two large cam lock connectors with lot so wires , and one white connector towards the front of cubby hole with a few wires.

Disconnect the connectors, clean then with spray electrical cleaner all sides, hit them with a touch of Wd-40, blow the excess off, reconnect the connectors and see if it solves most of the problems.

Ditto with the TB connector to the throttle body as well.

Last edited by Dano523; 11-15-2018 at 02:45 AM.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:15 AM
RighteousC6_
6th Gear

The one I cleaned was the blue one and the problem was still there, was I supposed to clean a different one instead of that one?
Old 11-15-2018, 10:40 AM
RighteousC6_
6th Gear

Or are you talking about these? If so I haven’t unplugged to clean these
Old 11-15-2018, 06:25 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Originally Posted by RighteousC6_

Or are you talking about these? If so I haven’t unplugged to clean these
Yes, and you have one more connector (a white one) more towards the bottom of the picture that needs to be cleaned as well.
To back step a bit, pull all three of the ECM connectors, and clean them as well.

From there, pull the battery cables, and clean the post and cables and use dielectric grease on the terminal and cables as well.

While you have the battery cables disconnected, remove the positive terminal on the engine bay fuse block, loosen all the small center silver bolts until they are disconnected from the lower block threads, then lift the side plastic clips to remove the upper fuse block from the lower fuse block hosing.

Now take a detailed photo of the fuse and relays in the upper block for reference when you put them back in, including the direction of the small black diodes, remove them all, then light up the upper fuse block with spray cleaner both sides, the lower fuse block connectors, then light shot of WD-40 chased with air to blow out the excess WD-40, then put the relays/fuse/diodes back in and reinstall the upper fuse block.

Hence you can't get to this level of the upper fuse block without pulling it apart, but you can get spray cleaner in the upper areas to clean the contact pins and wires under the cover with the spray clean isntead.

As for TB, if just cleaning its connector/the other connectors does not resolve the problem, and not a broken wire problem, may have to hook up so I can pull your TB apart to clean it contacts to solve that DTC codes.
The short version here, you have 4 security bolts that hold the controller housing to the side of the TB, with the controller housing side removed, you have a swiper plate with restat plate that the swiper arms contact so the TB gives back ohm readings as the vane moves. As the contact of the swipers to the restat bars get weak, the TB will not be sending back the correct reading of the motor movement of the vane and this causes the code problems.
Short of this and not a wiring problem, then may have to replace the TB instead.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:26 PM
RighteousC6_
6th Gear

Ok so what I did was went ahead and got a new battery, cleaned the ECM plugs and connectors, after I did the same with th TCM, plug and connectors as well, went and unplugged the Wheel speed sensors cleaned and dielectric greese fall of them. Wasn’t familiar with the grounds on the car but I clean the ones I could find in the engine bay. So far so good, no codes or anything. I’ll keep everyone updated to see if the problem comes back. I know a lot of people have this same issue! I hope this forum helps
Old 11-15-2018, 11:44 PM
RighteousC6_
6th Gear

That’s the plan when it gets warmer thanks for looking out!

Get notified of new replies

To SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM, help!! ):

Quick Reply: SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM, help!! ):