C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Morimoto Bi-LED Headlights (Second Generation Function Explained)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 01:16 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Default Morimoto Bi-LED Headlights (Second Generation Function Explained)

There has been a lot of confusion about the function of the second Generation Morimoto LED headlights for the C6 as related to the "Hockey Stick". I finally had the chance to tinker with a set of the Gen 2s so here's what's going on that's different from the Gen 1

1) The Turn signal function has an auto-off feature that effectively turns off the Amber daytime running light.
2) DRL function STILL requires the running of the fuse-tap harness and the DRL remains active when signaling but is reduced by 50% on the signaling side.
3) Flash-to-Pass function is STILL not functional during the daytime.

Tests have shown that our Correct-Function LED harness is compatible with the Gen 2 headlights with one minor change. There will be an additional wire coming out of your harness that will plug into the single-pin connector for correct DRL function. There will be no need for the fuse-tap harness or any other connections once our harness is installed. With the Radioflyer harness installed, you can expect:

A: Fully automatic Daytime running light function at 100% brightness from the "Hockey Stick"
B: Hockey stick will shut off completely on the signaling side during day or night operation
C: Flash-to-Pass function is restored for Daytime function

I will be altering the harness page to allow for ordering of the Gen 1 or Gen 2 harness. If you are not sure which model you have, simply check if your DRLs are still Amber. If they are, you have the Gen 1 model.

Order your Correct Function harness here and get the lights working the way they should be with a clean engine bay:
https://radioflyerinnovations.com/sh...nction-harness

Old 01-04-2019, 01:22 PM
jchappies
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

I don't understand why Motimoto can't get this right. All I gotta say is your harness has worked flawlessly in my C6....keep up the good work.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:05 PM
07MontyRed
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 215 Likes on 139 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13,'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Lifetime Member

I also can't understand why it seems so hard for Morimoto ... but as one of the original users of George's (RadioFlyer) harness for the Gen1 lights, I can testify it works flawlessly. I am very happy!
Old 01-19-2019, 02:44 PM
DARKNHT
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are the harnesses no longer avail?

I just installed my Morimoto’s and only the main connect plugged in. My hockey sticks are white at 50% power. The turn is amber sequential.

Old 01-19-2019, 04:21 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by XxXTransAmXxX
Are the harnesses no longer avail?

I just installed my Morimoto’s and only the main connect plugged in. My hockey sticks are white at 50% power. The turn is amber sequential.

Yes, the Gen 2 system only allows for 50% power to the hockey sticks direct from the factory harness.

We currently have harnesses for the Gen 1 headlights available. As soon as I get some of the AMP type connectors in stock, I will be able to make harnesses for the Gen 2 lights that are also plug-and-play (otherwise splicing would void the 5-year warranty). Our Gen 2 harnesses will allow 100% brightness from the factory harness with correct function and Flash-to-Pass restored.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:35 PM
DARKNHT
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
Yes, the Gen 2 system only allows for 50% power to the hockey sticks direct from the factory harness.

We currently have harnesses for the Gen 1 headlights available. As soon as I get some of the AMP type connectors in stock, I will be able to make harnesses for the Gen 2 lights that are also plug-and-play (otherwise splicing would void the 5-year warranty). Our Gen 2 harnesses will allow 100% brightness from the factory harness with correct function and Flash-to-Pass restored.
can you PM me when you have them ready?
Old 01-21-2019, 08:12 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

can you PM me when you have them ready?
I should have them available by Thursday since the adapter parts are already in route. (it's just a small modification of the Gen 1 harness) You can go ahead an place your order for the Gen 2 now if you want.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:42 PM
DARKNHT
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
I should have them available by Thursday since the adapter parts are already in route. (it's just a small modification of the Gen 1 harness) You can go ahead an place your order for the Gen 2 now if you want.
your site doesn’t let me?
The following users liked this post:
ElisTwoCents (01-29-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 08:08 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

your site doesn’t let me?
Are you trying to access on a computer or mobile device? I just checked with my laptop and everything seems to work fine.

Note: The AMP adapters for the Gen 2 harnesses have arrived. Gen 2 harness can now be shipped as they are ordered
Old 01-28-2019, 08:24 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Can everyone access the website? It should be working.

I'm looking for customers for the Gen 2 harness. Parts are in-stock and ready to ship.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:07 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Bump

This week through next Monday, Get your CF harness for just $110 when you use the coupon code " rfstuffworks"

Get notified of new replies

To Morimoto Bi-LED Headlights (Second Generation Function Explained)

Quick Reply: Morimoto Bi-LED Headlights (Second Generation Function Explained)